• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if old, but Amiibo restocks incoming?

COpWZ8jUYAALHc7.png

It's nice to see that Ganondorf won't be a rare one, and I'm kind of glad to see Marth restocked, but I'll wait to see what they'll do around the release of Fire Emblem: Fates.

(All 5 Fire Emblem Smash characters in a single amiibo card pack pls.)

Joei

Received ZSS in the mail today, after receiving Ganon on Saturday, and I finally have the Amiibo I intended on getting, which is all the Zelda and Metroid based ones. Looks great by my Wii U. My wife's concerned that I have "kiddy toys" under our TV. I told her I'm concerned she has like 20 different purses and 30 different pairs of shoes. She shrugged and said ok, we're good.

Velcro Fly

super pumped for exclusive challenges to the 3DS version of MMLC with amiibo support

looks like that will be a Q1 2016 release too since it is listed as 3/31/16 on gamestop's website as a placeholder

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Olimar came in from Amazon today! I know Amazon bends the cards sometimes, but only if you get more than one. At least for me, Olimar and Palutena were shipped in a box that perfectly fit with (with some air bubble wrap) and it's been fine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool that Mega Man will be useable in his own collection. I wonder if since Mega Man isn't really in stores anymore, they'd offer a bundle with the retail version coming early 2016, making it the first 3rd party amiibo bundle available.

......then watch as it's a specially colored Mega Man, like "Rush Mega Man" or *insert Robot Master here* Mega Man.

Velcro Fly

Cool that Mega Man will be useable in his own collection. I wonder if since Mega Man isn't really in stores anymore, they'd offer a bundle with the retail version coming early 2016, making it the first 3rd party amiibo bundle available.

......then watch as it's a specially colored Mega Man, like "Rush Mega Man" or *insert Robot Master here* Mega Man.

I would buy all of them too lol

Koopalings and Mega Man palette swaps are like my amiibo nightmare scenarios where I'd by them all

Dude Guy

Toys R Us by my job has like 800 million ZSS, Olimars, and Bowser Jrs. I was pleasantly surprised, even though I am not interested in those characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think TRU will be like "well damn, we've got a ton of Bowser Jr. left over, guess we'll finally put them online" eventually? Speaking of which, I see they're doing a 3 for $33 deal on the site, but hell if you can find ones that you still need, let alone will ship to your house.

Splatoon 3-pack finally in my state, seems like they'll arrive Wed., though probably won't get to use them until Saturday or so.

Velcro Fly

How do I know when Tenso has received my packages from Amazon and when they will ship?

Gotta log in and check your page. It will show you have a package awaiting shipment. Then you can choose how fast you want it and they normally ship quickly but only M-F.

Also I think they send you an email saying they received your package

Velcro Fly

So what happens if I order something for instore pickup at GS and then don't pick it up?

Have the chance to go to DC with a friend the weekend of October 9 so I'd likely not be able to pick up Chibi Robo and amiibo until the 12th or later. Do they charge my card or anything silly?

They've yet to receive mine yet....how long does it take from Amazon JP to Tenso?

Usually takes a day or so. And it usually takes another day on top of that to be ready for ship on the website.

Persona7

Banned
So what happens if I order something for instore pickup at GS and then don't pick it up?

Have the chance to go to DC with a friend the weekend of October 9 so I'd likely not be able to pick up Chibi Robo and amiibo until the 12th or later. Do they charge my card or anything silly?

Usually takes a day or so. And it usually takes another day on top of that to be ready for ship on the website.
If you don't pick it up within 48 hours then they just put it on the shelf and sell it to someone else. They sometimes hold it longer too. The gamestop.com thing says they will charge you $5.00 for not picking it up but I forgot some orders once and they didn't charge me so I don't know how it works.

Capra

Got mine today. Of the three (ZSS, Olimar, 8-Bit Mario) I'd definitely say Olimar is my favorite. Reminds me of the Pikmin 2 clay art :3

My Amazon package for my Retro Mario is MIA. Still says on track for Sept 13th delivery. Never had this happen before. Amazon says to wait 36hrs before contacting them about a package that hasn't been delivered yet.

This Amiibo is going to be on the house it sounds like...if it even shows up.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
it's weird that Pikmin & Olimar Amiibo is still in stock on amazon o_O

It's eerie... oh wait, toys are supposed to actually be in stock like this normally??

It's sad that it took a whole year with so many waves until we hot to this point...

zulux21

It's eerie... oh wait, toys are supposed to actually be in stock like this normally??

It's sad that it took a whole year with so many waves until we hot to this point...

to be fair a lot of mario/zelda ones stay decently in stock, it was just weird to me because I figured olimar would be a low print vanish for ever type character just like his games are :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
to be fair a lot of mario/zelda ones stay decently in stock, it was just weird to me because I figured olimar would be a low print vanish for ever type character just like his games are :p

Well, yeah it IS indeed surprising that a Pikmin character (not Zelda) would be super common. Still, having any Amiibo this wave still available is still surprising.

G0523

So I decided to order a second Olimar amiibo after noticing that the helmet on the one I bought from Toys R Us has a scuff on it. And the second one came in today from Amazon but this one also has a scuff on the helmet! Granted, it's smaller than the first one but it's still kinda noticeable. Is anyone else coming across Olimars with scuffs on the helmet? I feel like this is a Samus situation where you have to go out of your way to find one that doesn't lean (or in this case an Olimar that doesn't have scuffs marks on the helmet).

Persona7

Banned
So I decided to order a second Olimar amiibo after noticing that the helmet on the one I bought from Toys R Us has a scuff on it. And the second one came in today from Amazon but this one also has a scuff on the helmet! Granted, it's smaller than the first one but it's still kinda noticeable. Is anyone else coming across Olimars with scuffs on the helmet? I feel like this is a Samus situation where you have to go out of your way to find one that doesn't lean (or in this case an Olimar that doesn't have scuffs marks on the helmet).

There was one olimar left at the store and the helmet did have a huge scratch and white mark. The one I got from amazon doesn't though.

One of the pikmin also had a huge paint drop on the side

nikos

Supposedly Olimar was delivered on Sunday from Amazon. Just got back from a trip and it's nowhere to be found.

Should I request a refund or replacement? Looks like he's still in stock at amazon, but if I can find it at Best Buy I'll get a GCU discount. Not sure how common he is.

Insaniac

Supposedly Olimar was delivered on Sunday from Amazon. Just got back from a trip and it's nowhere to be found.

Should I request a refund or replacement? Looks like he's still in stock at amazon, but if I can find it at Best Buy I'll get a GCU discount. Not sure how common he is.

Olimar seems to be the most common of the non exclusives at this time

Edit: Also Ganondorf amiibo is glorious. Zelda amiibo now really stands out as the worst of the Amiibo from that franchise

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone with any of the JP Miis confirm if you have to use a Mii of that figure type? For example, can I use a Swordsman with a Brawler figure, or does a Swordsman have to go with a Swordsman figure?

Gotta plan for the Diggehmiibo!
also need to somehow learn how to model so I can print it through Shapeways help

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why is Tom Nook on this list when the Animal Crossing amiibo aren't supposed to come out until November?

Doesn't this mean Nook gets almost two months of printing? That could be a good sign.

JavyOO7

Newegg links thanks to r/amiibo

Mario 8 bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190614&cm_re=amiibo-_-78-190-614-_-Product

Ganon
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190616&cm_re=amiibo-_-78-190-616-_-Product

Zero Suit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190617&cm_re=amiibo-_-78-190-617-_-Product

Olimar
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190615

EDIT - Ouch, 8 bit Mario is gone already.

EDIT 2 - My tenso has eight Bit / modern Mario and the three Mii fighters ready to ship out. Waiting for the second modern Mario and the 30th anniversary Mario CD to come to the tenso warehouse so I can ship them all together. Can't wait.

Persona7

Banned
For anyone that got a single amiibo in a box from amazon that was damaged, can you post any identifying numbers from the box they used?

HardRojo

Went to my local store some minutes ago to pick up my Classic Mario and left surprised at how well stocked they seem to be. Lots of Classic Marios lol. Bought the last Ike they had too.
MVFV9kN.jpg

JavyOO7

Amazon Japan apparently delivered my package on the 10th. It's been 5 days and Tenso hasn't said a word about it. Getting kind of worried. This is my first time using Tenso.

Did you double check to make sure that where Amazon delivers your stuff to matches the address that Tenso gives you? I had to double check several times to make sure i put the right info in.

I received my Dr. Mario yesterday in the mail(didnt get a chance to open it til today) and the ENTIRE back is ripped open, really upsetting. The rest of my amiibos are fine, never had this experience with Target before they always sent me perfect amiibos and now this. So I called my Local City Target they have about 6 remaining but I wont be able to go there til Friday so hopefully they will still have them in stock, otherwise will return to store and order another one online, geez..thanks for nothing Target :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom