• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Why is Tom Nook on this list when the Animal Crossing amiibo aren't supposed to come out until November?

And still no Rosalina restock. ;^;

At least Dark Pit may some day become mine...
Rosalina got a huge restock not too long ago. Shulk's was a bit lower-profile.

I told myself that I wouldn't get Dr. Mario because I don't care about the character and I'd like to stop spending money on these things. Had to go to Target today and pick up some things for the home, and you already know how this story ends.

I'm going to stay strong and resists Bowser Jr and the 30th Marios. It shouldn't be too hard.

Boogiepop

Okay, a bit off topic, but since people were discussing the figure in here in the past...
Anyone know how you're supposed to get the Falchion into figma Lucina's hands? It doesn't seem feasible to slide it in since there's not enough space between the fingers, and I can't find anyway that the sword comes apart to help with that. I'm legitimately at a bit of a loss.

LiK

Went to my local store some minutes ago to pick up my Classic Mario and left surprised at how well stocked they seem to be. Lots of Classic Marios lol. Bought the last Ike they had too.
MVFV9kN.jpg

restocks are real.

G0523

I told myself that I wouldn't get Dr. Mario because I don't care about the character and I'd like to stop spending money on these things. Had to go to Target today and pick up some things for the home, and you already know how this story ends.

I'm going to stay strong and resists Bowser Jr and the 30th Marios. It shouldn't be too hard.
Are you suuure you don't need to go to Toys R Us for things for your home?
bad influence

TheGrue

Well, I might have my first shipping issue. Target claims my Dr. Mario was delivered. Got an email from them and UPS (which used USPS) shows it was delivered. I got my Olimar, but no Dr. Mario. So, I guess I will see if it turns up today and if not, then have to yell at Target to refund my money and I'll just go get one of the millions sitting on the shelf at my local Target.

Joei

Well, I might have my first shipping issue. Target claims my Dr. Mario was delivered. Got an email from them and UPS (which used USPS) shows it was delivered. I got my Olimar, but no Dr. Mario. So, I guess I will see if it turns up today and if not, then have to yell at Target to refund my money and I'll just go get one of the millions sitting on the shelf at my local Target.

For what it's worth, they shipped my ZSS and Ganon in separate boxes which each got shipped on separate days (Saturday for Ganon and Monday for ZSS) and on their site it said both were delivered on Saturday.

prateeko

I have a bunch of duplicates from Target I was going to return but I figured I'd check and see if there were any I could ship to a fellow GAFfer/Amiibro at cost? It makes no difference to me since like at Target but I didn't know if any were particularly rare (olimar, ganondorf, zero suit, dr Mario, 8 bit Mario and maybe ones platoon pack if my buddy doesn't want it). If people have shipped at cost to other members, please let me know your experience. I'm a little reluctant since I worry about getting scammed or burned (since these have to be shipped) and to that end returning to store is hassle free...

I have a bunch of duplicates from Target I was going to return but I figured I'd check and see if there were any I could ship to a fellow GAFfer/Amiibro at cost? It makes no difference to me since like at Target but I didn't know if any were particularly rare (olimar, ganondorf, zero suit, dr Mario, 8 bit Mario and maybe ones platoon pack if my buddy doesn't want it). If people have shipped at cost to other members, please let me know your experience. I'm a little reluctant since I worry about getting scammed or burned (since these have to be shipped) and to that end returning to store is hassle free...
Walmart cancelled my orders so I'm in need of Zero suit and 8-bit Mario.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, was trying to sleep, woke up to the sounds of dogs barking to let me know my Splatoon 3-pack was delivered. Didn't even bother opening it until now, getting a little bit of extra sleep. Probably won't even scan them into Splatoon & Super Mario Maker until the weekend.

TheGrue

For what it's worth, they shipped my ZSS and Ganon in separate boxes which each got shipped on separate days (Saturday for Ganon and Monday for ZSS) and on their site it said both were delivered on Saturday.

Hmmm. Well, I guess there's hope, but these were actually in two separate orders. UPS seems to think they've delivered it. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll get a Dr. Mario in the end...just hate having to try to call in to get a refund.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like my 8-bit Mario and Gandolf made it to Walmart today! Guess I'll go pick them up sometime today... Wave over until next time. Hopefully Sept 25 is the correct date for Modern Mario.

Anyone know if the Toys R US in Times Square has Bowser Jr? I don't really want to brave that mess if I can avoid it, probably just head to eBay to grab him.

bumpkin

Got my retro 8-bit Mario last night from Amazon. He's glorious! Kind of surprised at how much bigger he is than all of the Smash and SMB series amiibo.

TheGrue

Hmmm. Well, I guess there's hope, but these were actually in two separate orders. UPS seems to think they've delivered it. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll get a Dr. Mario in the end...just hate having to try to call in to get a refund.

Mail came again today and no Dr. Mario. My mailman constantly puts other people's mail in my mail box (it's one of those community boxes where you have a key and if there's a larger package, they put a different key in your box so you can open the other door to get it). So, probably the guy put my key in someone else's box. Was hoping whoever got it would come to my house and give it to me like I do when I get other people's mail, but if they're like me, they only check the mail when they know something they want is coming (otherwise, my mail is just full of trash).

On the phone with Target now to hopefully just cancel the order (which will allow me to get the Amiibo for cheaper since shipping was outrageous).

TheGrue

Mail came again today and no Dr. Mario. My mailman constantly puts other people's mail in my mail box (it's one of those community boxes where you have a key and if there's a larger package, they put a different key in your box so you can open the other door to get it). So, probably the guy put my key in someone else's box. Was hoping whoever got it would come to my house and give it to me like I do when I get other people's mail, but if they're like me, they only check the mail when they know something they want is coming (otherwise, my mail is just full of trash).

On the phone with Target now to hopefully just cancel the order (which will allow me to get the Amiibo for cheaper since shipping was outrageous).

Won't get me a refund until I don't get it on Friday since there's technically a delivery window of the 15th - 18th. I mean, the thing says the mail delivered it and I don't have it. Lady tried to claim some fires were causing issues. Whatever. They better give me a refund on Friday. Going to grab one from Target tomorrow and keep it in the box until I know I've gotten the refund, just to be sure I've secured one.

Rizific

the status of my walmart in store pick up for zss and olimar hasnt moved since i placed the order. still stuck on "processing" and says "should arrive by tuesday 9/15". am i already dead?

Shauni

Yeah, I think I'm done with amiibo for now. I did want K.K. Slider, but if he is exclusive to that 3-pack in bundle then to hell with it. Could import, I guess, though. I managed to get pretty lucky overall, had to do some trading here and there but got everything I wanted for the most part.

Finally got my Olimar in the mail today. Now I'm just waiting on my Modern Mario to come in (Japan import) and Wave 5 will be complete for me. Then comes the retro 3 pack!

Crazy luck today.

First off, I was missing ZS Samus, Ganondorf and Baby Bowser ay the beginning of the day.

Went Amiibo hunting this morning. I decided to try a TRU that was pretty far from my house. My GPS lost signal on the way there and I get pretty lost. I find my way back to the main road where my friend lives. He also lives right across the street from Walmart.

I think, what the hay, might as well check. I walk to the game section and boom. 1 ZS Samus. 1 Ganondorf and 1 Olimar (plus all the other commons).

So now I only need Baby Bowser and I'm done with this wave! :)

Shauni

Crazy luck today.

First off, I was missing ZS Samus, Ganondorf and Baby Bowser ay the beginning of the day.

Went Amiibo hunting this morning. I decided to try a TRU that was pretty far from my house. My GPS lost signal on the way there and I get pretty lost. I find my way back to the main road where my friend lives. He also lives right across the street from Walmart.

I think, what the hay, might as well check. I walk to the game section and boom. 1 ZS Samus. 1 Ganondorf and 1 Olimar (plus all the other commons).

So now I only need Baby Bowser and I'm done with this wave! :)

Bowser Jr. Baby Bowser is a different character :>

errr im so torn on the amiibo cards my only problem with them is if stores limit the number u can buy to say 1 or 2 packs then im probably gonna skip the cards as i was planing to buy atleast 8-10 packs so that i would have a nice set of cards for HHD and amiibo festival.

Velcro Fly

i'm hoping Amazon is going to put them up at a set time or something

Or else they'll be plentiful and I can buy 10 or so packs and be good for a little while with that

Knowing Nintendo they will sell out everywhere in minutes and then maybe get a reprint Q1 2016

My Walmart order says pick up is supposed to be ready on the 15th but tracking says still processing lol glad I picked them up at gamestop

Yeah, my ZSS and Ganondorf have been "processing" for almost a week now. Classic Mario shipped out like 12 hours after I put the pre-order in. I ordered via PayPal so I can only assume this processing means I ain't getting squat.

Maengun1

My Walmart Retro Mario amiibo also still says "processing"....and it also says that the estimated arrival date is today X_X.

They canceled my other 3 on Friday morning but my payment went through for Mario, so I better be getting ONE damn amiibo from them.

Meatwad

Yeah ZSS, Ganondorf and Olimar have all arrived safely at my local Walmart according to Walmart.com but Classic Mario is still processing ugh

Insaniac

Just got Dr. Mario shipped in. Seems silly now since I could've picked up one of 3 million at the local target and saved on shipping. Oh well, who could've known the exclusives would be the easiest to find now.

In terms of the rarity discussion above, Ganondorf, from what it seems, is definitely the rarest at the moment, being the only one I couldn't find Day 1, especially if we go by the "complexity = rarity" theory. Whereas, all the others had multiples still hanging on the pegs by the end of the work day.

Olimar, strangely enough the easiest to find of the non-exclusives, who knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom