• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Banned
Wow, tomorrow really is turning into amiibogeddon. First the NWS lines, then those signs at Target and now the Amazon email. I got an email too.

Why can't Amazon or any other retailer with online ordering set their systems up so that when an item is in your cart, it can't be bought by someone else? If you get it in your cart, you should have the option of checking out without having to click through everything fast. Or at least give you a minute or so to checkout before someone else can get it.

The way it is now is the equivalent of being in Target or Walmart with an Amiibo in your shopping cart and someone can come by and grab it out of your cart before you get to the cash registers.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Damn there goes my hope for Amazon.

Good plan, bad timing. At those times, EVERYONE will be up, especially those that already managed to grab them in stores in the morning.

It would also be too late to attempt lining up if you fail with Amazon.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Wow, tomorrow really is turning into amiibogeddon. First the NWS lines, then those signs at Target and now the Amazon email. I got an email too.

Why can't Amazon or any other retailer with online ordering set their systems up so that when an item is in your cart, it can't be bought by someone else? If you get it in your cart, you should have the option of checking out without having to click through everything fast. Or at least give you a minute or so to checkout before someone else can get it.

The way it is now is the equivalent of being in Target or Walmart with an Amiibo in your shopping cart and someone can come by and grab it out of your cart before you get to the cash registers.

Probably because of abuse. Like with Dell Outlet, people keep refreshing to keep the item in their cart, hording it away from others.

zulux21

With PRIME, you dont have to pay for shipping, if you dont have prime you have to spend 25 dollars in order to get free shipping

about oh... 18 months ago or so now amazon upped the base price for free shipping to $35 instead of $25.

so if you are going to look for filler look for a $25 filler item instead of $15 :p

Shauni

My biggest concern at this point is that this will lead to retailers just forgoing pre-orders all together and doing similar stuff for the next two waves. It is the fairest way at the end of the day, I realize, but I prefer pre-orders over "the hunt" and that's how I've gotten almost all of my amiibos. Oh well, in the end, Ganonorf is the only one left that I need to have, and I'm sure he'll be easy to find at some point. I would like to get a few others, but that's the last one that I just gotta get at all costs.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I haven't been paying much attention today, as I've already ordered them all but Greenie from TRU.

But want to make sure... the next wave hasn't been announced yet, has it?

Rocky

Banned
Probably because of abuse. Like with Dell Outlet, people keep refreshing to keep the item in their cart, hording it away from others.

Like I said, they could put like a 1 minute time limit on the item before it can be bought by someone else.

My wife will go to TRU tomorrow for me since I work all day. Which ones are the rare ones that I should buy tomorrow right away if I can?

Mario and Peach

Last minute turds.

I could have not paid shipping for my Splatoon three-pack if they had sent this yesterday.

Oh well, at least I have a chance at Robin and Lucina now.

Probably a small chance, but that's better than the no chance up to this point.

For people who have had their GameStop orders ship: does anyone's tracking number work for you? Whenever I check it tells me it's not available. It's kinda worrying me.

rjinaz

So taking all bets, how long will each part of this wave last online?

I'm saying maybe two minutes per amiibo at best. With about 3 to 4 website crashes.

30 seconds is far more likely. Once the window hits, do not stop refreshing.

Man my fingers will be sore tomorrow.

zulux21

For people who have had their GameStop orders ship: does anyone's tracking number work for you? Whenever I check it tells me it's not available. It's kinda worrying me.

there is typically a 2-24 hour window after a company like gamestop sends you a tracking number before it works.

a lot of times they make the packages and generate tracking numbers and send out the emails, but the numbers aren't actually activated until a UPS (or whatever they use) truck shows up to bring them to the facility to ship out scans them into their system.

rjinaz

But they do everything they can to prevent their site from crashing on Black Friday. Doubt they'll do the same for amiibo at the end of may.

Well if you believe him, Amazon Josh claims a lot of the delay was from preparing the servers. He also confirmed they would release all the stock at once with no flickering just an fyi.

Saw this on Twitter. The sign is from Target. Tweet says several Target stores in Washington have them up.

CGIDGviWYAAwDw8.jpg

Wow. Just...wow.

How is this fair? This is anti-consumer.

Just called my local Target and fortunately they aren't doing that. It's 1 per person on Wario, Lucina, Robin, Inkling Boy, and Inkling Girl, and 2 per person on Jigglypuff, Charizard, Pac-Man, Silver Mario, and the Splatoon 3 pack.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Well if you believe him, Amazon Josh claims a lot of the delay was from preparing the servers. He also confirmed they would release all the stock at once with no flickering just an fyi.
amiibo are serious business lol Well that's good to hear. Definitely better than gamestop

Maengun1

I haven't been paying much attention today, as I've already ordered them all but Greenie from TRU.

But want to make sure... the next wave hasn't been announced yet, has it?

Announced at all, or specfic dates?

Dark Pit and Palutena are coming in July, and September will see the release of Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Zero Suit Samus and Olimar. In the US that is, I think they're all coming together in the summer elsewhere

This is standard. Tracking numbers don't update in the system until later in the evening.

I shit you not, as I was reading this post I got my shipment confirmation for my GS Splatoon pack.

Tomorrow's gonna be terrible. I'm probably just going to hit up WalMart tonight and try Amazon tomorrow afternoon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Shout outs to the line group for vibrating my pants all throughout dinner with my family. Come on guys.

image.php

Don't worry, it's all under control. DiggehGAF is best GAF.

He said you guys private message a lot, but will never say what it's about? And that you guys set up a lunch date?

This is what you're doing when I'm calming the alert rage? TI pls

Pompadour

So will yesasia allow you to cancel your order? I already paid via PayPal for the re-run of Lucina and Reflet in July but if I can nab them tomorrow for cheaper on Amazon I wonder if I could get out of this somehow.

Definitely in on the 3-pack, and if I can grab a silver Mario I don't see why I wont ;D

oh god no I'll be at work tomorrow noooooooooooooo... oh wait i'll be in DT i can just use my phone :D

hmmmm, anyone think shulk will get a reprint in Japan/Europe/USA in the future?

someone wants to trade Xenoblade chronicles 3DS for a Shulk amiibo, really tempted since i never played the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom