• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

I now must go to bed guys, but I wish every single one of you the best of luck, unless you live near me in which I wish you the second best of luck, after all, gotta look out for número uno. ;)

Seriously guys, it's been a wild ride but we're so close. I hope it goes as well as it can for all of us. I am waking up at 4 myself, we'll see what happens.

Good luck to all the midnight Walmart bros! We've got this, fuck the scalpers!

NateDrake

Robin is expected to arrive on Monday. Lucina is slated for Tuesday. Wish Walmart had shipped them together. Ness I'll be getting from GameStop on Saturday.

Is anyone trying Wal-Mart instore at midnight? Any word on if they have them?

I might, I'm not getting up early and dealing with lines at other stores tomorrow. No way.

But I also went to 2 Walmarts right around midnight when Gold Mario was released and it was a waste of time. Nothing on the shelves, no one else there looking for them... it was like it never even existed. I probably should have asked one of the employees but there's no one in the electronics area in the middle of the night and one of the random stockers would have probably told me to get lost.

If I go tonight I'll post the results. I'm not expecting anything though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have an accurate Target quantity tracker? Might not need to get up so early if my local one is good.

I now must go to bed guys, but I wish every single one of you the best of luck, unless you live near me in which I wish you the second best of luck, after all, gotta look out for número uno. ;)

Seriously guys, it's been a wild ride but we're so close. I hope it goes as well as it can for all of us. I am waking up at 4 myself, we'll see what happens.

Good luck to all the midnight Walmart bros! We've got this, fuck the scalpers!
Goodnight and good luck to you as well. The morning battle awaits us all.

dcx4610

Walked by my last local GameStop. Don't know what I should have expected.

iapyZZx.gif

Damnit. 2 total amiibo regardless of char for my targets. I'll have to settle with jiggs and silver Mario if I'm able to. 4 Robin and lucina, no chance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I am late to the amiibo party, but where I can find the toad amiibo? it is exclusive to any store? Thank you

It's not exclusive
But it's kind of hard to find.
I managed to get a lucky score when I found two at Target (only bought one)

Do we know if silver Mario will be at walmart? Im thinking about going at midnight for one so I dont have to worry about anything except greninja tmrw

AdanVC

112.gif

Just a few more hours guys... The American continent is about to have it's first amiibocalypse... There will be blood... and salt... and tears... and more salt.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know if silver Mario will be at walmart? Im thinking about going at midnight for one so I dont have to worry about anything except greninja tmrw

Maybe call ahead and ask a supervisor. Usually they are better to ask at Target/Walmart about Amiibo stuff.

Kenai

I am late to the amiibo party, but where I can find the toad amiibo? it is exclusive to any store? Thank you

It's kind of rare.

People sometimes trade rare Amiibos for other rare Amiibos but if you only want that one I'd just ask or look around. No need to buy ones you don't want even if they are unicorns.

In other news, I have the day off tomorrow so i will be heading out to target VERY early (thinking 4-5 am). GL everrrrybody, stay safe, cause people are crazy.

Ibuki

Banned
How early are people gonna head to Target? On Rosalina day I arrived about an hour and a half early, but I doubt that will be enough since the craze has only gotten crazier.

Jergingha

Neo Member
Wario and the Splatoon 3 pack all shipped from Walmart.

All that is left is Pac Man.

O_________O

Also, it sucks that I will be working when those Wave 4 Amiibo go on sale on Amazon, but I'm going to try to pick some up in between calls.

prateeko

Is there nothing we can do to get Target to sell us more than just two TOTAL Amiibo? It kind of kills getting there super early...

Nighteater

Neo Member
How early are people gonna head to Target? On Rosalina day I arrived about an hour and a half early, but I doubt that will be enough since the craze has only gotten crazier.
Heading there from 5:00-6:00. Hope thats early enough. All the targets here are getting 15 jigglys.

Shauni

AmazonJosh said on Reddit he will reveal stock numbers for each Amiibo after they sellout. Not overly important, but will be interesting to know.

Probably like 5 and an half of each. Some lucky guy will be the super rare half amiibo of a character.

Sushigod7

BB preorders all should be in tomorrow didn't know they shipped Amiibo for release date delivery. Heading out in the morning for Splatoon and whatever Amiibo I can find good luck everyone!!

Rizific

my brother lives in corpus cristi texas and sent me a text about an hour ago saying a line is forming at his target right now for the release tomorrow...the thirst.

TI82

Banned
LOL Ive NEVER private messaged Diggeh I think he was probably referring to someone else Ive never private messaged him and he has never private messaged me..I have spoken to him a few times on this thread but never a PM

Strange! He definitely said you! We should get to the bottom of this mystery.

rjinaz

I do, so should I just buy it now? do you think it will come back to stores later?

Yes you should IMO. I mean sure it could pop up in stores but we're talking about saving what $2? Buy it now and not have to worry about it. As long as you don't care about the Japanese packaging. Toad is called Kinopio on the package but this isn't an issue if you plan on opening it.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
I just saw the email from Amazon. Hoping to just get Robin and Pac Man. I'd like to get all of them but I can't be spending all my money on amiibos since summer sale is coming up! :p Still waiting for my greninja to order to be charged and shipped.

Josh5890

I have a feeling that lining up at my target
Tinley Park, IL
at 4:30 tomorrow morning won't be good enough for Robin and Lucina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom