• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

This window thing is such a double-edged sword...like yeah now we all know exactly when to be ready...but now so will every scalper.

GREAT NEWS and since its pacific time I know exactly where I will be tomorrow..and I also have a free trial to amazon prime so I will get these shipped right away..Lucina, Robin, and Silver Mario and Im a happy gal..and hopefully jigglypuff and Marth as well..just wondering how many of each character amazon has available for people and does anyone have links for each character that way we can just have them refreshing at that time

rjinaz

Amazon Josh:

I'd also like to make sure it's perfectly clear -- Each amiibo will not go live right on the hour or half hour. We're flipping them live at a random point within each 30 minute window to try to keep this fair.

Shauni

1 per customer, dedicated timeslots, 1-Click disabled, and all at fair later times in the afternoon/evening. Got to say, I'm impressed with Amazon on that. Really seems like it's the fairest way to go about doing. It's a shame such measures had to be made to begin with, but at least they are trying their best with the situation.

zulux21

I also need Robin, Lucina, Pacman, and Wario. I just assume the first two are gonna be impossible to trade for.

nah won't be impossible. Marth is one of the amiibo I need and if my orders go through I should have an extra robin and lucina :p

I'll actually do an official trade post sometime next week once I have product in hand, but I do have a few trades to make in general as I am tired of looking at gold mario >.>

Nighteater

Neo Member
Wow so theyre doing the same thing they did with Marth reprints. Welp good luck guys. They'll put up 4 lucinas and robins at a time.

bigkrev

Times are really well done- if you are in the east, at worst you will be driving home when Pac-Man and Charizard (likely the 2 most common ones if you are willing to wait) are up.

Wow, I guess Amazon is making it about as fair as they possibly can.

I have a chance at Lucina and Robin!!

That is what I want, Lucina and Robin..and Silver Mario since Target App glitch yesterday they canceled my amiibo..at least now I know what I am dealing with tomorrow and when to be online so I dont have to be online tonight at midnight..now just have to find out what time Target will go live with Jigglypuff and maybe Marth

-Horizon-

This just happened guys

xwa5g2R.png

Well, good luck to everyone who will go through this. Its gonna be fun.

anyone have links to lucina, robin, and silver mario I want to have it ready for tomorrow..maybe put it in a wish list or something so that once it goes live I can just add each one

rjinaz

Amazon Josh after somebody asked how limited these would be:

Extremely, very, exceedingly [insert more words] limited. I wish we had more so everyone could get them, but unfortunately we know these will sell out quite quickly.

Velcro Fly

Yeah this is going to be a giant clusterfuck.

They might as well just hold a lottery. You get there to the page during the set time and get in a drawing for one.

Toki767

Amazon's going to sell out within a minute I bet. The stock must be extremely small (maybe 5000 each?) to be putting them up at random times.

Shauni

So, I mean, yeah, you would have to F5 the entire time within that 30 minute time frame to see when it went live right?

je_ssi e

Welp.
Whatever I can't find tomorrow morning I'll be hoping I can snag from Amazon.

Lesson learned to not wait for Amazon again for sure, though.
Buying them from whatever store they pop on next time. Calling it too close for me. Gonna be a madhouse with everyone having itchy fingers pressing the add to cart button at the same time.

Also.. thank goodness I have PRIME.

Welp.

Buying them from whatever store they pop on next time. Calling it too close for me. Gonna be a madhouse with everyone having itchy fingers pressing the add to cart button at the same time.

Yeah I have PRIME too but if this is anything like the lightening round, it will sell out the second it goes live and no one will know it :(

Shauni

Yeah, even if I don't manage to sang Silver Mario from GS I'm not too sure I'm going to bother doing this with Amazon then. I'll probably be home and free and all, but I don't care nearly enough about Silver Mario for that kind of dedication. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for GS in the mourning and just shrug it off if I don't get it.

RootCause

Welp.

Prime also. What's the advantage? (If any)

Tirod

Amazon has forsaken me. I really do have to go through with my Toys R' Us camp since I work from 12 to 6 PST tomorrow.

Maybe I can convince a friend to keep me company.

So taking all bets, how long will each part of this wave last online?

I'm saying maybe two minutes per amiibo at best. With about 3 to 4 website crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom