• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture_1.jpg

really, why nintendo is so stupid with amiibo?How on earth they can't keep up with the demand for a cheap toy like this? If they double, triple the production, they would still sell. I just can't understand this "marketing"strategy

Boogiepop

Man, Ness has me worried tomorrow. It's hard to get info on numbers from my attempts, but the few that have popped up paint a picture of ridiculously low numbers. At the very least a lot of people seem to be getting it from preorders here and elsewhere, so maybe it won't be as swarmed tomorrow and I'll have a chance.

Seriously worried about being able to get it though. Really hoping showing up like an hour and a half early will do it, as I need to hit up Target as well...

Rocky

Banned
Yup, and they'll sell every one.

Still wondering if Target is 2 per character or 2 total tomorrow. Anyone?

From all the reports I've seen, it looks like it will depend on the store. I've even heard some will be 1 per person. It's going to be a nightmare.

Add to that, the fact that the nearest Target to me is only getting 12 Jigglys, I'm beginning to think I'll be better off just heading home after dropping off my niece at school tomorrow morning and F5ing the Jiggly page on target's website. Then heading off to TRU a little later to check their situation for Greninja.

rjinaz

Everything is coming up Silver Mario

lol @ everyone thinking Gold and Silver Mario would be rare

It will be. Gold already is. Not sure why you're laughing at people.

Yeah a lot of people will get it tomorrow for sure, and then it's gone...

Anyway, my BestBuy Lucina and Robin shipped. Yay!

Both, some stores are following exactly what the notice initially said, while other stores are doing 2 per each amiibo.

From all the reports I've seen, it looks like it will depend on the store. I've even heard some will be 1 per person. It's going to be a nightmare.

Add to that, the fact that the nearest Target to me is only getting 12 Jigglys, I'm beginning to think I'll be better off just heading home after dropping off my niece at school tomorrow morning and F5ing the Jiggly page on target's website. Then heading off to TRU a little later to check their situation for Greninja.

Thanks for the info. Damn, why does Nintendo have to cause us such major anxiety? I thought they were going for smiles!

Are we expecting retailers to put some more online tonight?

RootCause

It will be. Gold already is. Not sure why you're laughing at people.

Yeah a lot of people will get it tomorrow for sure, and then it's gone...

Anyway, my BestBuy Lucina and Robin shipped. Yay!
Yep, gold is more expensive than ness, and villager right now.

bigkrev

really, why nintendo is so stupid with amiibo?How on earth they can't keep up with the demand for a cheap toy like this? If they double, triple the production, they would still sell. I just can't understand this "marketing"strategy

It's not neccessarily that easy... go look at your local Wall Mario.

They should probably be printing everything in equal quantities, at a level equal to something like Kirby or Samus.

dodgeme

Everything has shipped for me except for Greninja from Toys R Us. My Jigglypuff shipped last night and the rest of the wave from Best Buy just shipped a few minutes ago.

My Silver Mario from the other night did finally get canceled so I suppose I'll have to trek around for that or hopefully catch amazon later, same with the splatoon amiibos but not too concerned if I get those or not. Waiting to here if my friends Ness shipped as he is giving it to me for $20 when he gets it, I couldn't make it to Gamestop for that due to work but he was bored and went for me.

They should probably be printing everything in equal quantities, at a level equal to something like Kirby or Samus.

of course it is easy, it's been several months since amiibo was released and it is hard to find or impossible 50% of the amiibos. we are not talking about a product with rare components, but a plastic with a cheap device

rjinaz

Yep, gold is more expensive than ness, and villager right now.

For sure. Going for $40 on ebay at the moment. One of the most valuable at the current time and one least likely to get restocked. Heck it may end up being the most valuable down the line maybe outside of original print NA trinity.

bigkrev

For sure. Going for $40 on ebay at the moment. One of the most valuable at the current time and one least likely to get restocked. Heck it may end up being the most valuable down the line maybe outside of original print NA trinity.

Jesus.

I really need to re-post my Gold Mario in the Trade thread....

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I see what you did there.

Nintendo always seems to be reacting to their last marketing push. The Gamecube bombed so they underproduced Wiis. The Wii flew off the shelves but then they got stuck with a ton of unsold Wii Us. Now they're being overly conservative again with Amiibos.

I remember reading an article/op-ed on Wired, I think, saying Nintendo not only needs to up production but make Amiibos a better value for the fans by adding more unlocks/features in games tied to Amiibos. Basically they argue that a sweet spot of high supply and high demand exists. By upping supply Nintendo fans can still easily purchase they new Amiibo whenever they want. The lack of scarcity would also eliminate reseller demand, but by adding more value to Amiibo in games fans will purchase more of them and everybody wins. They compared it with a somewhat similar problem with Magic the Gathering cards but I don't know if that's the best comparison. I'm not familiar with Magic but printing more cards isn't really the same thing as crafting Amiibo. There's more risk and per unit cost involved with Amiibo.

I just got my shipping e-mail from Best Buy for the Splatoon 3-pack! They gave a UPS tracking number but no tracking information or delivery date yet. I'm really hoping they come in tomorrow in time for the Splatoon launch, otherwise it'll have to be Monday.

Brickseek says my local Target only has 16 Jigglypuff coming in tomorrow.

RootCause

Jesus.

I really need to re-post my Gold Mario in the Trade thread....
It's crazy how everyone joked about trading home for other unicorns, and now it's the most valuable.

rjinaz

Realistically, Gold Mario is the most valuable because it's NA exclusive and Walmart exclusive in the US.

So EU and JP were never able to get him.

That's true. Silver won't be as valuable as gold for those two very good reasons. I'm still convinced it will be considered rare as it will quickly sell out and I don't see a restock happening.

I'll also note though that if we're talking about NA versions only. gold mario is not nearly the most valuable. If we're talking about amiibo in every region, it is. Pit, Villager, Little Mac, etc once the most valuable can now be found in the $20 range due to the Japanese restock.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Best Buy finally shipped my final order!

Gamestop:

Ness - Shipped
Splatoon 3 pack - Shipped

Best Buy:

Robin - Shipped
Lucina - Shipped
Pac-Man - Shipped
Wario - Shipped
Charizard - Shipped
Splatoon 3 pack - Shipped

Toys R Us:

Greninja - Pending

Target:

Jigglypuff - CANCELLED

Eff you Target wouldve been able to relax tomorrow :[

Nintendo always seems to be reacting to their last marketing push. The Gamecube bombed so they underproduced Wiis. The Wii flew off the shelves but then they got stuck with a ton of unsold Wii Us. Now they're being overly conservative again with Amiibos.

I remember reading an article/op-ed on Wired, I think, saying Nintendo not only needs to up production but make Amiibos a better value for the fans by adding more unlocks/features in games tied to Amiibos. Basically they argue that a sweet spot of high supply and high demand exists. By upping supply Nintendo fans can still easily purchase they new Amiibo whenever they want. The lack of scarcity would also eliminate reseller demand, but by adding more value to Amiibo in games fans will purchase more of them and everybody wins. They compared it with a somewhat similar problem with Magic the Gathering cards but I don't know if that's the best comparison. I'm not familiar with Magic but printing more cards isn't really the same thing as crafting Amiibo. There's more risk and per unit cost involved with Amiibo.

I just got my shipping e-mail from Best Buy for the Splatoon 3-pack! They gave a UPS tracking number but no tracking information or delivery date yet. I'm really hoping they come in tomorrow in time for the Splatoon launch, otherwise it'll have to be Monday.

Brickseek says my local Target only has 16 Jigglypuff coming in tomorrow.

but we are talking about a brand new system, and nintendo was really pushing hard to make as much wii as they want, but they just could not keep up in the beginning. that is very common with every system, remember ps4?

but a plastic toy? come on

Ibuki

Banned
I think I might have to trade for some of this new wave since I couldn't preorder most of them. I have a spare Marth, Lucario, and Captain Falcon to trade. I'm gonna try to get Greninja, Charizard or Jigglypuff.

Shauni

I think I might have to trade for some of this new wave since I couldn't preorder most of them. I have a spare Marth, Lucario, and Captain Falcon to trade. I'm gonna try to get Greninja, Charizard or Jigglypuff.

Are those the only three you need?

The two amiibo total from target throws a wrench in my plans. I guess now I'm gonna hit up walmart (24-hours) at 9:30pm, skip Target if I can get Robin and Lucina from there, then hope 30 plus people don't show up for Greninja at the Toysrus across the street. I've got a Ness on order from play-asia so I probably won't even bother with him. Set sail for fail.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready for Jigglypuff and S Mario tomorrow! I don't want to buy a fold-out chair for it, but maybe bring an old towel or something to sit on outside.

HAHAHA my old boss is holding a Lucina and Robin for me because my store is like employees can't have any!

SO NOW TEAM FIRE EMBLEM IS COMPLETED!

rjinaz

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/37ni86/amazon_amiibo_wave_4_availability_information/
Amazon US info here we go.

Hey everyone,

I apologize for being radio silent over the last week, we've been finalizing our plan and have been trying to ensure everything is as buttoned up as we can possibly make it. I'd like to stress that quantities are very limited, and while we're taking action to try to make this fair by limiting to 1 per customer, not everyone will be able to purchase the amiibos they're looking for. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread over the next few hours to answer questions that you guys may have.

Here's the email that anyone who signed up to be emailed when product is available will be receiving:

Thank you for your interest in ordering the new amiibo figures from Amazon.com! Quantities of the new characters are extremely limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have the opportunity to get the new figures!

Throughout the afternoon of Friday, May 29, we'll be posting each Wave 4 amiibo figure individually within the following time windows. Each will become available for purchase at a random time during that time frame. Mark your calendars for the following times tomorrow!

Pac-Man: 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Charizard: 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy: 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT
Lucina: 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PT
Wario: 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. PT
Inkling Girl: 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
Silver Mario: 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT
Robin: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid 3-pack: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PT

We're limiting each amiibo figure to 1 per customer, and we'll be disabling 1-Click Ordering. Additionally, it'd be helpful to make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We've seen a tremendous amount of interest for the latest wave of amiibo figures and we're always working with Nintendo to get our hands on more. While we cannot guarantee that every customer who wants an amiibo will be able to purchase one when they become available on May 29th, we are doing our best to make sure customers have an opportunity to purchase their favorite characters!

We thank you for your continued support and loyalty over the years.

ChaosXVI

Man, this situation with Amazon US is going to suck so bad...you just know that everyone has got their finger on the trigger, I bet Lucina and Robin sell out in 3 minutes flat once they go live.

MADGAME

Amazon Josh has posted when wave 4 will go live!

Hey everyone,
I apologize for being radio silent over the last week, we've been finalizing our plan and have been trying to ensure everything is as buttoned up as we can possibly make it. I'd like to stress that quantities are very limited, and while we're taking action to try to make this fair by limiting to 1 per customer, not everyone will be able to purchase the amiibos they're looking for. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread over the next few hours to answer questions that you guys may have.

Here's the communication that we're sending to customers:
Thank you for your interest in ordering the new amiibo figures from Amazon.com! Quantities of the new characters are extremely limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have the opportunity to get the new figures!

Throughout the afternoon of Friday, May 29, we'll be posting each Wave 4 amiibo figure individually within the following time windows. Each will become available for purchase at a random time during that time frame. Mark your calendars for the following times tomorrow!

We're limiting each amiibo figure to 1 per customer, and we'll be disabling 1-Click Ordering. Additionally, it'd be helpful to make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We've seen a tremendous amount of interest for the latest wave of amiibo figures and we're always working with Nintendo to get our hands on more. While we cannot guarantee that every customer who wants an amiibo will be able to purchase one when they become available on May 29th, we are doing our best to make sure customers have an opportunity to purchase their favorite characters!

~Amazon.com Video Games

http://hm.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/37ni86/amazon_amiibo_wave_4_availability_information/

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Hey everyone,

Here's the email that anyone who signed up to be emailed when product is available will be receiving:

~Amazon.com Video Games

Preorders were nevah.gif after all.

Shauni

Well, the nevah gif still applies since pre-orders never really went up. Those are all on the day of release.

EDIT: Quick edit there Diggeh, well played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom