• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
I like how I haven't been checking this thread all that often and thought "I should check things to see what's going on"...

Falco ordered. Checking r/amiibo and it looks like the Miis are TRU exclusives? As is giant yarn yoshi it looks. Which means no preorder just go to TRU on 11/1.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because Diggeh hasn't updated first post yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I gotta hope Falco will be put online?!?! Did Dark Pit get put online eventually?!

I thought I was done with dealing with the exclusive crap, but gotta pull EVEN MORE with Falco & restocks of Villager....

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I like how I haven't been checking this thread all that often and thought "I should check things to see what's going on"...

Falco ordered. Checking r/amiibo and it looks like the Miis are TRU exclusives? As is giant yarn yoshi it looks. Which means no preorder just go to TRU on 11/1.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because Diggeh hasn't updated first post yet.

kgqMzyZ.gif

Working on it!

Mii Fighters are TRU exclusive and comes out 11/1 in store only.
Villager reprint is TRU exclusive and supposedly comes out 11/8 in store only.
Mega Yarn Yoshi is TRU exclusive and comes out 11/15 presumably in store only.
Falco is Best Buy exclusive and comes out 11/20 in store only.

Draxal

kgqMzyZ.gif

Working on it!

Villager reprint is TRU exclusive.
Mega Yarn Yoshi is TRU exclusive.

Gotta get rid of some red slashes as well!

kirby_fox

Banned
Working on it!

I've been out of the loop. I've not really checked this thread often since I'm only focused on Smash line, but I still remember to check the first post.

I wonder if this implies Mewtwo isn't exclusive if all the exclusives are being announced right now.

Soon, I will have all the ones I want. (Still missing the rest of the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem crew, and the 8 Bit Classic Mario)

Fake Edit: I decided to do some heating and cooling on my Link amiibo so he would stand up more straight, but I forgot to take a picture for before and after, so I only have after. Does he look any better at least? I think I might do some more work on him later.

kgqMzyZ.gif

Working on it!

Cool, thanks for keeping up with this mess. Mewtwo I assume hasn't been announced for US yet? He is coming in EU the same time as Falco I know that much.

Edit: B&H Says 13th. I don't think that is right. 11/15 might be correct though.

Insaniac

Falco relatively painless to get, thank god.

Soon, I will have all the ones I want. (Still missing the rest of the Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem crew, and the 8 Bit Classic Mario)

Fake Edit: I decided to do some heating and cooling on my Link amiibo so he would stand up more straight, but I forgot to take a picture for before and after, so I only have after. Does he look any better at least?

Looks good, how did you go about doing that? I want to adjust my Link too

KingBroly

Banned

Fake Edit: I decided to do some heating and cooling on my Link amiibo so he would stand up more straight, but I forgot to take a picture for before and after, so I only have after. Does he look any better at least?

That looks so much better. Link has a horrible amiibo that they need to fix.

Exclusives List
Best Buy: Meta Knight, Dark Pit, Falco
Toys R Us: Bowser Jr, Mii Fighters, Villager, Mega Yarn Yoshi
Gamestop: Ness, Retro 3-Pack
Target: Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario
Walmart: Gold Mario, Modern Mario
Amazon: Palutena

Given how everything's shaking out, I'm guessing a Pit restock will only be at Target, with an Ike restock at Gamestop

Tyeforce

Ugh... I was hoping to get Robot from Play-Asia.com, and had it saved for later since preordered hadn't opened yet, but they never alerted me when preorders went up... =/ Does anyone know where else I might be able to import a Robot amiibo now, or is it too late? >.< I missed the Amazon.jp preorders as well, and it's sold out now...

That looks so much better. Link has a horrible amiibo that they need to fix.

Thanks, I also fixed his droopy sword, and sheath, along with fixing Toon Link's sword and Shulk's Monado.

Looks good, how did you go about doing that? I want to adjust my Link too

Simple steps on how I did it:

-Get something that'll heat up Link slightly (ex: hairdryer)
-Put the hairdryer on low or medium and aim it all around Link for a minute or so
-Re-position Link the way you want him with your fingers/hands and hold him in that position
-Put your hands and Link into a freezer for a minute or so to lock him into position
-Repeat until you've got him in a nice looking spot

(If you do the above process on smaller details like the sword specifically, I recommend only doing the heating for less than 30 seconds)

Video of some Redditor doing it and here's the post on Reddit he made.

I would like to point out that Mewtwo was on the "coming soon" screen at my Targets Amiibo kiosk. I seem to remember Falco being on there too, however.

Gah! I haven't been keeping up with the Amiibo scene and just happened to catch the Falco pre-orders going up on NoA's Twitter feed. Got one ordered!

Has anybody had any problems with picking up in-store pre-orders at Best Buy? With any luck and given that the supply for other Amiibo is stabilizing it won't be an issue.

Lookie401

Target shipped the Pink and Light Blue Yarn Yoshi!

Going try to get more on Friday at Best Buy because I'm picking up the game and <3 Yoshi. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remind me, was Dark Pit eventually put online? I haven't had any luck with BB exclusives & had to resort to either you guys or my friend (who just sent me a JPN Dark Pit).

& guessing that whole "4 exclusives per store" thing is scrapped now with TRU getting....what, 6 exclusives now?

Falco now available for shipping if you want that. $35 or more order required for free shipping of course.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...alco/4575401.p?id=1219770992857&skuId=4575401
THANK YOU!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GCU thankfully helped since it took 20% off, so it basically covered the shipping & came to about $14. Only time I've been able to get a BB exclusive directly from them.

Nice, ordered a Falco with the ship-to-home option without any issues. Phew, I think that will complete my collection of all non-DLC characters from the Smash run. There's light at the end of the tunnel!

Boogiepop

Falco now available for shipping if you want that. $35 or more order required for free shipping of course.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...alco/4575401.p?id=1219770992857&skuId=4575401

Awesome, switched over to that and cancelled the in-store. So now that's one more thing I'm set on. Guess now I just need Mewtwo and the AC amiibo to go up... (Toys R Us exclusive and low hype for them on my end has turned the Mii Fighters and Mega Yoshi into "eh, if I get them I get them, but I'm probably not going to line up" on my end, at least for now)

BreakJohn

Hey guys just stopped by a toyrus a little while ago and they had a huge suply of amiibos just wanted to know if lucario and greninja are hard to get a hold of? Those were the only two I'd want to get of all the ones I saw. They also had a few shulks.

Scored a Falco, but the Best Buy 5 miles away was sold out so I had to go to the one 20 miles away. Hopefully my friend can pick mine up when he gets his as he was in the same boat.

EDIT: Nevermind, cancelled that order and went for home shipping instead.

KingBroly

Banned
Hey guys just stopped by a toyrus a little while ago and they had a huge suply of amiibos just wanted to know if lucario and greninja are hard to get a hold of? Those were the only two I'd want to get of all the ones I saw. They also had a few shulks.

They've recently gotten restocked at TRU and BB in mass quantities, most likely ahead of the holidays

Ordered Falco a few hours ago..used GCU unfortunately they charged me for shipping maybe I can do an online chat with them and have them remove that or is there no way around it

BreakJohn

They've recently gotten restocked at TRU and BB in mass quantities, most likely ahead of the holidays

Ah ok that explains it. Might just stop by tomorrow and pick up those 3. They had an insane selection to choose from i was pretty overwhelmed. First time I've seen this many different amiibos at once actually.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ordered Falco a few hours ago..used GCU unfortunately they charged me for shipping maybe I can do an online chat with them and have them remove that or is there no way around it

Are you not supposed to be charged for shipping or something?
It's only free if order total is $35+ or you're Elite.

KingBroly

Banned
Ah ok that explains it. Might just stop by tomorrow and pick up those 3. They had an insane selection to choose from i was pretty overwhelmed. First time I've seen this many different amiibos at once actually.

They all got Shulk, Lucario, Greninja, Falco, Little Mac and Fox. BB also got more Dark Pits.

Are you not supposed to be charged for shipping or something?
It's only free if order total is $35+ or you're Elite.

Im not elite that's the problem. I might be in another month or so since my brother bought a TV using my credit card but you have to spend 1500 bucks or more to become elite and Im not there yet so I did an online chat with best buy nothing they can do..oh well, 2.99 for shipping is no biggie I Guess considering the bus ride to best buy would cost more

Drago

Preordered Falco! Glad that's out of the way.

Just need Amazon JP preorders to go up for Famicom ROB and Mewtwo and I'm set for the rest of the year. Unless I decide to import a KK Slider, not sure if I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom