• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very surprised to see Falco up for pre-order when I got home from school today. I decided to do in-store pick-up because I didn't want to pay for shipping.

Koppai

Should I wait to see if BB puts up Pink and Light Blue Yarn Yoshi on Friday? Or should I just go to Target in the morning?
I pretty much am the amiibo guy at work, we already received quite a bit of them at my work. If you can tell me what your store is I can see if they have them yet. PM me.

Maengun1

Made a special trip to Best Buy today to pick up Until Dawn on sale and the last season of Mad Men on blu ray. And...

ZtvuQVW.jpg

Holy crap. I knew there had been a Best Buy restock, but I hadn't really read any details about it and haven't been hanging around the amiibo pages lately. I figured each store got a handful of each character and they probably sold out immediately.

First I see a big display in the middle of the store stuffed with (previously) rare amiibo, then I find an even bigger group of them all in the regular amiibo display in the video games section, THEN I see ANOTHER huge group of them in the back of the store where they just keep the overflow crap they have no other place for. Madness!

It was honestly so weird sorting through 25 versions of the same character looking for the one with the best paint job again. I haven't done that since like....wave 2 commons? Been nothing but online orders and pre-orders since then.

With these 4, I now have every amiibo from the Smash line to date with the exceptions of Villager, Robin, and Lucina. It'd be dumb not to finish it off now...except I still don't care about the Miis.

If you had asked me a year ago which amiibo I wanted to buy, I would've said Ness, Samus, and probably Link/Zelda/Ganon. They got me so good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seems like Dr. Mario has been the easiest exclusive to find along with the retro pack. Just today, my Target had a whopping SIX Dr. Marios, probably accounting for about 1/3rd or 1/4th of the amiibo stock.

Skrams

Glad Falco was still available after 8 something hours. I added to cart, saw he was shippable, and immediately bought him along with Until Dawn/FFX/X-2 HD for some free shipping. Feels good when it's that easy.

Seems like Dr. Mario has been the easiest exclusive to find along with the retro pack. Just today, my Target had a whopping SIX Dr. Marios, probably accounting for about 1/3rd or 1/4th of the amiibo stock.
The last time I went to Target, literally all they had was Dr. Mario.

Got Falco earlier, knocked some money off with a $5 off coupon from My Best Buy so that was nice.

To anyone who ordered Wooly World from TRU back in July, did they ship yet or get any sort of notification about it? It doesn't look like they've done anything or even if my order still exists besides it still being on my purchase page.

prateeko

My villager from toys r us just shipped, I hope they package amiibos fine
They mail out all sorts of toys and my recollection is they do a good job. Individual employees and warehouses may vary and I could be wrong but they should have more boxes that are single Amiibo sized than other places

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
OT updated! For everyone's sanity, I'm going to keep the OT updated to each figure's current exclusive store. That way every figure doesn't have a "Restocked" or "TRU at launch/used to be GS". You can check past exclusivity by looking at older OTs. Everything should be updated with accurate restocks and current exclusives.

Most importantly, Nintendo finally tweeted an HD image of the Mii Fighters 3-Pack! I finally got rid of that tiny jpeg in the OT! Hooray!

EDIT: I did not forget to add an image and link to the Amiibo Cards Help/Trade Thread what are you talking about

It looks like Falco isn't available in a store near me. Hmmm.

I cancelled my previous Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo bundle pre-order and re-ordered it for store pickup (wasn't showing up for that option for the longest time) at my nearest store, and put the Falco in the same order but for delivery. Which means GCU and free delivery!

I got a coupon and a gift card that I'll use on the Yoshi bundle to slash that price down further.

A good day of savings.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Preordered a Falco at Best Buy for store pickup, because why the hell not. I can cancel any time, after all.

I still want to know if I can preorder the Mii Fighters 3-pack in store at Toys R Us. That's the one I really want, because the Mii Brawler looks a little like me, and the Swordfighter looks a little like someone I knew in high school. Weird, huh?

Thoraxes

So...

If I get lucky, I may be switching work hours soon to something much better.

Bad news is that i'll miss the Mii Fighter launch. Shitiiiiieeeeettttttt.

KingBroly

Banned
Apparently some TRU accidentally put Villagers out in NJ. It was like 4 vertical rows of Villager (8 down, 6 deep each). That's a lot of Villager.

Right now, I don't care about Mega Yarn Yoshi unless it has extra functionality, which I'm confident it doesn't have.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, now I'm glad I'm sticking with just the Woolly World bundle. I already questioned if I wanted to bother with spending $40 on a bigger version, the fact he's exclusive & "extremely limited" pretty much means I'm not gonna bother when I don't have a TRU in my area.

Also, huge props to SmackAttack for sending me a Bowser Jr. with a ton of bubble wrap to protect him. I think off the top of my head, all I need/really want now is Wario, Lucina, Robin, & Villager (& maybe Toon Link) from the SSB line outside of the DLC characters (excluding Mewtwo). Thankfully after Falco, right now, all that's left to focus on is Shovel Knight & possibly modern 8-bit Mario.

Apparently some TRU accidentally put Villagers out in NJ. It was like 4 vertical rows of Villager (8 down, 6 deep each). That's a lot of Villager.

Right now, I don't care about Mega Yarn Yoshi unless it has extra functionality, which I'm confident it doesn't have.

vertical rows are called columns.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, big Yoshi will be on a Sunday... Yeah time to go REAL early for it. Hopefully someone will put up rough numbers of what stores will be getting.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Whoops, forgot to add Lottie's delayed release date and the exclusive Amiibo Festival cards now that we have better pictures.

r2e2m9e.jpg

Do we know what stock will be like for Animal Crossing guys? I'd like to hope there's plenty of them as I don't really want to get the game and all the AC amiibo at the same time and kill off my wallet.

Also kind of funny today, went in Target and noticed they replaced Bowser (or Toad? can't remember who was in there) with an AC Card. It was Rasher of all characters, although maybe every store just randomly got one to put in there.

M1SnNvm.jpg

The_Kid

I'm torn because it could go either way. Either the stock is plentiful enough and they aren't too popular and there are enough for everyone, or they underestimate the appeal and they are super difficult.

P31Otacon

Neo Member
Do we know what stock will be like for Animal Crossing guys? I'd like to hope there's plenty of them as I don't really want to get the game and all the AC amiibo at the same time and kill off my wallet.

Also kind of funny today, went in Target and noticed they replaced Bowser (or Toad? can't remember who was in there) with an AC Card. It was Rasher of all characters, although maybe every store just randomly got one to put in there.

M1SnNvm.jpg

Ahahaha, that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom