• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookie401

Well, I'm doing something that I never had done before: I preorder the Mega Yarn Yoshi on Amazon.de just in case I can't get my hands on the stupid extremely limited quantities at Toys R Us. If I do get it it's easy to cancel the Amazon order.

Who am I kidding?!? I might keep the order so I can have two to snuggle in bed! <3 Yoshi <3

Welp, gonna have to be there about... 6:30? people reporting as few as 18 per store for mega yarn.
Considering the cost, that it's a derivative of a derivative, that it's so far for use in only one game, and (most importantly) it's not Smash, 18 might not be too bad actually.

Zappy

Neo Member
14ecb6d.jpg

something i photoshopped. more yoshigeddon 'shops coming soon.

Took these yesterday:

Looks like they got a new display that states how the figures are back in stock. The fourth side was just general information about Amiibo.

Never seen something like this for this type of product. It's funny because the Pokemon were exclusive to Toysrus so it's not actually like they are back at Best Buy.

Also got a Ganondorf, they had four. Now I'm just waiting for 8-bit Mario to show up at Best Buy.

Took these yesterday:

Looks like they got a new display that states how the figures are back in stock. The fourth side was just general information about Amiibo.

Never seen something like this for this type of product. It's funny because the Pokemon were exclusive to Toysrus so it's not actually like they are back at Best Buy.

Also got a Ganondorf, they had four. Now I'm just waiting for 8-bit Mario to show up at Best Buy.

I picked up the 30th Anniversary version of 8-Bit Mario last night at my Best Buy. They only had 2 left.

I like it but at the same time it's not really one that I wanted.

jgwhiteus

I was kind of surprised and excited because I got two packages delivered from Target today, and thought they'd delivered my pink yarn Yoshi early (I pre-ordered it along with a Luigi amiibo to get free shipping).

One box had the Luigi, and the second had... a pair of lint rollers. Someone at fulfillment must have screwed up and put the wrong packing slip / shipping label on someone else's random order (lint rollers are really useful though).

Thankfully my yarn Yoshi is still set to be delivered this week. I also bit the bullet and got the game bundle for the green one. Now to just wait and see if the blue one becomes available... I can't believe I'm going to spend close to $100 for three plushies (well, and a game).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My Gamestop said they were getting >20 Yoshi of each colour... Guess I'll go when it opens to pick it up and my bundle...

Am I looking at things wrong, or are those from Play Asia going to cost me ~26 each with shipping? I'd rather wait and test my luck and pay scalper money on Amazon. 26 each with shipping is expensive.

Muzy72

Banned
Yeah, I'd rather not pay 200 dollars for wave 1 versus 96.
$96? You're going to pay $60 for Isabelle and Digby alone, and then $35 for the 3 pack with the llamas and KK Slider. Add in the other 3 for $39 and you're looking at $134 without tax!

Still cheaper than importing though. And I guess you get that shitty game with it? >.>

The_Kid

$96? You're going to pay $60 for Isabelle and Digby alone, and then $35 for the 3 pack with the llamas and KK Slider. Add in the other 3 for $39 and you're looking at $134 without tax!

Still cheaper than importing though. And I guess you get that shitty game with it? >.>

I'm just going by 12 dollars per amiibo. I'm not really counting the game pack because I was going to buy that anyways, and it also comes with those 3 exclusive cards I need for my AC card collection. Also the 25 at playasia is before tax too >.>

Never go with Playasia unless you absolutely have to.

I'm just going by 12 dollars per amiibo. I'm not really counting the game pack because I was going to buy that anyways, and it also comes with those 3 exclusive cards I need for my AC card collection. Also the 25 at playasia is before tax too >.>

Never go with Playasia unless you absolutely have to.

Tangential, but why do so many people round $0.99 downward? That makes no sense to me. It's 99% of a dollar.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
So we're near the end of the line and I have almost everyone I want. I have some extras that I want to start unloading. If anyone is interested in these at cost ($13 + shipping) PM me:
  • Ganondorf (JPN)
  • Greninja (JPN)
  • Greninja (EU)
  • Zero Suit Samus (JPN)

US shipping is preferable, and multiple per shipment is ideal but that I'm more flexible on.

JavyOO7

If you go the amazon.co.jp route and got Tenso or another middle man, then keep refreshing those pages because I just got Mewtwo and Famicom ROB. YEAH!!!!!!!11

Rootbeer

Banned
this is my very first tenso order. i'm paranoid. hope it works out...

anyway, amazon.co.jp not offering amazon global shipping is bullshit.

jgwhiteus

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I want those Animal Crossing amiibos desperately but there's no way I'm paying $20 for each. Recent shipments have been plentiful so I'm hopeful for the AC series being the same.

bumpkin

JavyOO7

I want those Animal Crossing amiibos desperately but there's no way I'm paying $20 for each. Recent shipments have been plentiful so I'm hopeful for the AC series being the same.

I think they'll be plentiful here in America. The cards have been too, for the most part. There definitely is a big demand for the AC cards so far. Makes sense... since AC is top tier Nintendo franchise for a while now.

Javier

There's been major amiibo restock here in Chile and most of the Smash line has become common.

The only ones not available anywhere are:
- Pit
- Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Rosalina
- Robin
- Lucina
- Shulk
- Greninja
- Ness
- Palutena
- Dark Pit

Modern 8-bit Mario is available too, as well as both the Splatoon and Retro 3-packs.

HardRojo

Is Modern Mario going to be available anytime soon?
As I've mentioned before, he's already available here in Peru and it's the US version so I'd expect him to be available there soon. In fact I'm surprised we got him first as we usually get amiibo the same day as the US.

Garlador

Hmm... Do I pre-order Famicom ROB and Mewtwo, or am I okay with NES ROB and waiting for a western release of Mewtwo... decisions, decisions.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

Garlador

...I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that one.

Ugh, ran into this problem at checkout:
Translated:
Your designated address, contains the items that can not be delivered in the delivery can not goods or specification of the delivery method, the tempo. For delivery limit, Learn more Please confirm from, addressee, please change the delivery method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom