• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

For the people doing it, what's the total come out to for Famicom ROB and Mewtwo with the tenso charge added?

Edit: Actually, screw it. Apparently you need to send ID or something to sign up tenso? Sounds like waaaaay too much of a hassle.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just got FamiROB through BiJ. Will be less than $20 total, nice :) That's the most above MSRP I'll ever pay for an Amiibo.

Isotope

Blast.
... Anyone care to help me out on that? (grumble, grumble, never had this problem with Amazon France, grumble, grumble)

Amazon JP can ship items internationally; it's just that some specific items (Like those amiibo) cannot be. A forwarding service I use for stuff off of Amazon that can't be shipped internationally is Tenso. You gotta set up an account and prove that you're you, but once that's all completed, you're good from there. Just make sure to follow their instructions (What address you need to use, what you need to upload, etc.).

JavyOO7

Amazon japan, out of all the Amazon's out there, is the only one where you have to make a brand new account. So register a new account on amazon.co.jp if you haven't already.

Once you do that, choose a forwarding service. I use tenso. I'm sure there are others other than tenso though.

Their site: https://www.tenso.com/

it'll appear in Japanese, but there's an english option on the top right. Click on 'free registration' button.

Enter all relevant info and eventually you'll have to send something to tenso that proves who you are. I scanned my driver's license. Make sure that when you write your address on the tenso's forms that the address you gave to Tenso matches EXACTLY what's on your drivers license or any other form of self identification. Your address has to be present on whatever form of identification you give.

Eventually once you do that and everything is in order, you'll be given credentials to log in to Tenso. On your main page in Tenso there's a link that says 'how to enter your tenso address'. Click on that, it should show you a list of sites, click on the amazon.jp one, and there should be a handy image that tells you what to enter on the text fields of amazon.co.jp.

Something like this...

715bb1e9ef.png

Once you do that, everything should be okay, make sure to have that Tenso address as your 1-click for amazon.co.jp, and I think you'll be peachy.

If you actually go through all of this, and you want to know how much shipping will cost you, then use this... https://www.tenso.com/en/estimate

Tenso will e-mail you once items have come to your mailbox and there's a weight #. Put that weight # on that estimate link and you'll find out how much shipping costs. Me? I always use EMS even if it is the most expensive shipping. So if you buy amiibo, buy 3 or more at a time. Kek.

EDIT - I have a lucario, modern mario amiibo and a chibi robo amiibo waiting for me. The first two are for a buddy. The last one is for me. The weight for those three combined is is 2620 yen. So I'll be paying roughly 22 bucks for the fastest shipping.

EDIT #2 - The Famicom ROB and Mewtwo were 11.31 each. So 22.62 USD.

Boogiepop

Okay, I went ahead and used Big in Japan for the Famicom ROB, said screw it why not (can wait on the Mewtwo though). I don't really need it, but it's not a huge expense, and honestly I've been thinking I may want to consider using a forwarding service as a means of ordering manga lots that are only available through sellers off Amazon.jp in the future. Anyone know a good way to tell what the net shipping fee is going to be from them for future use, btw? Doesn't matter as much here because it's a dinky little amiibo, but again, if I order a big old set of books, that's going to end up a sizeable amount of the purchase so it would be nice if I could gauge it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
My Yoshi amiibo bundle from Best Buy didn't ship today. I called customer service, and it turns out the bundle is back-ordered. So
they helped me change the order to store pick-up, and assured me that my best buy should have enough stock to provide me with a bundle tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!

KingBroly

Banned
Amazon japan, out of all the Amazon's out there, is the only one where you have to make a brand new account. So register a new account on amazon.co.jp if you haven't already.

Once you do that, choose a forwarding service. I use tenso. I'm sure there are others other than tenso though.

Their site: https://www.tenso.com/

it'll appear in Japanese, but there's an english option on the top right. Click on 'free registration' button.

Enter all relevant info and eventually you'll have to send something to tenso that proves who you are. I scanned my driver's license. Make sure that when you write your address on the tenso's forms that the address you gave to Tenso matches EXACTLY what's on your drivers license or any other form of self identification. Your address has to be present on whatever form of identification you give.

Eventually once you do that and everything is in order, you'll be given credentials to log in to Tenso. On your main page in Tenso there's a link that says 'how to enter your tenso address'. Click on that, it should show you a list of sites, click on the amazon.jp one, and there should be a handy image that tells you what to enter on the text fields of amazon.co.jp.

Something like this...

715bb1e9ef.png

Once you do that, everything should be okay, make sure to have that Tenso address as your 1-click for amazon.co.jp, and I think you'll be peachy.

If you actually go through all of this, and you want to know how much shipping will cost you, then use this... https://www.tenso.com/en/estimate

Tenso will e-mail you once items have come to your mailbox and there's a weight #. Put that weight # on that estimate link and you'll find out how much shipping costs. Me? I always use EMS even if it is the most expensive shipping. So if you buy amiibo, buy 3 or more at a time. Kek.

EDIT - I have a lucario, modern mario amiibo and a chibi robo amiibo waiting for me. The first two are for a buddy. The last one is for me. The weight for those three combined is is 2620 yen. So I'll be paying roughly 22 bucks for the fastest shipping.

EDIT #2 - The Famicom ROB and Mewtwo were 11.31 each. So 22.62 USD.

This is very helpful. I hope Diggeh puts a link to this post in the OP

JavyOO7

amiibo are limited to 1 per customer in Japan? Was hoping to snag 2, 1 for me and 1 for a friend. :(

Yeah, was trying to get a Famicom ROB for a friend but Amazon said no to that. So I'll wait until they release officially and then buy one for my buddy.

Okay, I went ahead and used Big in Japan for the Famicom ROB, said screw it why not (can wait on the Mewtwo though). I don't really need it, but it's not a huge expense, and honestly I've been thinking I may want to consider using a forwarding service as a means of ordering manga lots that are only available through sellers off Amazon.jp in the future. Anyone know a good way to tell what the net shipping fee is going to be from them for future use, btw? Doesn't matter as much here because it's a dinky little amiibo, but again, if I order a big old set of books, that's going to end up a sizeable amount of the purchase so it would be nice if I could gauge it.

Can you help me out with that? I placed the order and shipped it to their address but now they say to purchase a 500 yen ticket. Now I'm confused.

Edit: Nevermind, search is your friend.

Velcro Fly

Man I don't know if I can justify importing just one amiibo

Sorry Mewtwo I love you bro but I'm going to have to roll the NA dice

Have I learned nothing from the past waves of amiibo?

And of course the one friday I have off work when a new amiibo is coming out I already imported them and have had them sitting in my house for months.

nikos

Anyone know how rare the Yarn Yoshi amiibo is supposed to be? Should I line up at Nintendo World tomorrow morning? I may be in the area tomorrow night but I'm not sure if I should risk waiting that long.

Anyone know how rare the Yarn Yoshi amiibo is supposed to be? Should I line up at Nintendo World tomorrow morning? I may be in the area tomorrow night but I'm not sure if I should risk waiting that long.

both targets near me are only getting 4 of each color ; ;

I'm trying to tell myself I don't want Mega Yearn Yoshi since I have to buy the Woolly World bundle tomorrow (pretty excited for the game, looks great) as well as the Blue Yoshi for my brother's birthday next month and a pink one for my mom for Christmas. That's too much in one day for me. I really want a Famicom ROB too but I can wait on that for now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

My GS is getting close to 20 in of each. Not huge stocks.

nikos

I've got the worst GameStop here. Went to preorder Yarn Yoshi since I was JUST told over the phone that I'd be able to. Turns out I can't, so I have to come back in the morning.

On top of that, the guy working laughed at me again. He laughed at me when I tried preordering the New 3DS AC bundle. He can't handle that kawaii desu.

I've got the worst GameStop here. Went to preorder Yarn Yoshi since I was JUST told over the phone that I'd be able to. Turns out I can't, so I have to come back in the morning.

On top of that, the guy working laughed at me again. He laughed at me when I tried preordering the New 3DS AC bundle. He can't handle that kawaii desu.
Was he laughing at you because you tried to pre-order and apparently can't (and couldn't with the 3DS) or is he laughing because you tried to pre-order cute Nintendo stuff that clearly adults aren't supposed to care about?

nikos

Was he laughing at you because you tried to pre-order and apparently can't (and couldn't with the 3DS) or is he laughing because you tried to pre-order cute Nintendo stuff that clearly adults aren't supposed to care about?

The latter. He laughed as soon as I said "Yarn Yoshi amiibo." Last time, he laughed as soon as I showed him the 3DS bundle on their site. Pretty sure he was high.

I don't really care, it's just amusing.

The latter. He laughed as soon as I said "Yarn Yoshi amiibo." Last time, he laughed as soon as I showed him the 3DS bundle on their site. Pretty sure he was high.

I don't really care, it's just amusing.
Ha, I've had that happen to me before. They said something along the lines of "You still care about games like that?". Like I'm not supposed to or something. People like that will never feel the joy of things like that. So sad.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks!

Just called my local GameStop They received eight, two of which are preordered. He wasn't sure which colors they have, so I'm going to walk over and reserve one (or all) for tomorrow.

They are taking preorders now?? I was told they werent.

Edit: saw other posts

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I see. Phew! I can rest easy. I'm just collecting the smash line. :p

Lucky you since they are almost done! I doubt we will get TOO many more DLC characters either. I'm one of the unfortunate one that needs ALL THEY AMIIBO (including cards...)

Marvie_3

Banned
Im doing this just in case Target fucks me over.

Haines

Banned
No way im getting into animal crossing ones. This thing has been a money sink already. Anything past snash and maybe some yoshis can kiss my wallet nope.

No way im getting into animal crossing ones. This thing has been a money sink already. Anything past snash and maybe some yoshis can kiss my wallet nope.

I'm with you. Even though the AC ones look really nice. Considering going out looking for Yoshis today. Why can't I stop spending money on this stuff?

Haines

Banned
I'm with you. Even though the AC ones look really nice. Considering going out looking for Yoshis today. Why can't I stop spending money on this stuff?

Yup. They look awesome. My woman is addicted she just left early this morning for all 3 yoshis no matter how many times i proposed to get just one. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom