• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Yoshi Bundle from Best Buy got delayed in delivery(UPS) because of a "Severe weather emergency" in my area..sucks because my area had no rain it was the high desert(SoCal) but since I guess the UPS drivers have to pass through the 5 freeway it delayed the delivery til Monday

got villager from TRU.com. Finally

19318b118e7e561ddbeac48a31637c88.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just picked up Blue and Pink Yarn Yoshi at Meijer.

I pre-ordered Woolly World with Green Yarn Yoshi months ago from Toys R Us. I picked free shipping so it won't show up for a while. Too used to Amazon Prime shipping...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG, Yarn Yoshi is ADORABLE in person. Now the urge to get Mega Yarn Yoshi has returned.

Also, I'll do it in about an hour or so, but I wanna give back to the community & will be giving away not only a blue Yarn Yoshi, but also a pink one. All I ask is you enter for one of them, not both, because I wanna make two people happy.

Bane

Welp, just ordered pink Yoshi. I was only going to get the green one but firstly I'm really impressed with the quality of the green one and also... fuck, it's just adorable.

I can already feel I'm going to order the blue one to complete the family. How can we not, talk about Yoshi when Yoshi's all that we got?

Oh, and got Nook but missed Mewtwo. Not worried about it yet, though.

HardRojo

Yarn Yoshis are so freaking expensive here. 90 PEN each, which is basically $30 a pop. I only bought Shulk, will get the Yoshis later as they seem to be well stocked.
Edit: Oh crap! Top of the page... try to act cool...

Bane

Edit: Oh crap! Top of the page... try to act cool...

You had one chance, and you blew it.

Like others, I now find myself thinking about Mega Yoshi. I mean, it would look really cute sitting on my couch. Have there been reports of big sellouts or anything yet? I won't be able to go until tomorrow evening so I'm wondering if they'll last that long.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, if I can remember how to make Modbot work, I should have the raffles for the blue & pink Yarn Yoshis up by 5 or 6 p.m. ET (so either 30 or 90 minutes).

Again, all I ask is enter JUST ONE so we can have two winners. If you wanna win because you know someone (friend, kid, boy/girlfriend/spouse, etc.) would like to own one, I'm fine with that, as long as it ends up in the hands of someone who will be happy to have it.

It's an embarrassment of riches with all these Marths and Shulks and Dark Pits and whatnot.

Is there a list of differences between the original wave and amiibo and their respective reissues out there?

Alright, if I can remember how to make Modbot work, I should have the raffles for the blue & pink Yarn Yoshis up by 5 or 6 p.m. ET (so either 30 or 90 minutes).

Again, all I ask is enter JUST ONE so we can have two winners. If you wanna win because you know someone (friend, kid, boy/girlfriend/spouse, etc.) would like to own one, I'm fine with that, as long as it ends up in the hands of someone who will be happy to have it.

Wait what? How can I join this raffle? :O

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait what? How can I join this raffle? :O
I'll have the raffle up in about 10 minutes, hopefully. Basically, it'll be through Modbot & you'll just sent them a PM with the correct info, then it'll automatically choose winners.

I apologize, but since shipping outside the US is rather expensive (it's $10+ & there's no tracking info), US only, please.

Oh, & I'm having it be so you have to have 5 or more posts in this thread since I want to give it to a member of this community & it's my way of giving back.

Got my Woolly World Amiibo bundle (the game looks great, need to get a Wii U again), as well as a Blue Yoshi for my bro and a Pink Yoshi for my mom for Christmas. I probably didn't need to get them today, but these things are freaking ADORABLE, I can't stop smiling. I can do without the Mega Yoshi though... Yeah, I can... I totally...

Now the AC set can break me further next month :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aaannnddd I think I somehow didn't get Modbot to work...hold on, let me try this again. Doesn't help the last time I did this, it was for another amiibo & I don't have the message saved showing me how I did it.

Frogstep

Love coming back to town and being on time for Falco! (missed Mewtwo D:)

Oh! I decided to try my luck and see if I could find a bundle for Yoshi and Chibi Robo. Ended up leaving with both! :D

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Are lucarios rare still? My Best Buy is flooded with amiibos I thought were rare such as pikmin, greninja and pacman

Snagged Light Blue Yoshi from Amazon, though delivery date is slated for Wednesday.

Ah well, at least I don't have to hunt for him...

Edit: Just checked again and saw that he's only available through 3rd party sellers now lol

Boke1879

Guys. I have NO clue why I buy amiibos. Today I just preordered the animal crossing triple pack and I just bought the Yarn Yoshi on amazon.

I have become consumed

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, here ya go, a giveaway for a blue & pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo. Winner will be announced tomorrow at around 5:10 p.m. ET & I'll sent the amiibo out on Monday to the people who won. Again, please enter just ONE. I also added the "no lurkers" rule where you need at least 5 posts in a thread since I wanna give it to those who're part of the amiibo community.

US only, please, due to shipping costs.

ModBot said:
]Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Yarn Yoshi amiibos. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one amiibo, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052322.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pink Yarn Yoshi -- MB-7B1E2FCE5FC03C1B - Taken by nubcake. 8 entrants total.
Light Blue Yarn Yoshi -- MB-7FA502D21D05BAA2 - Taken by Triforce141. 14 entrants total.

t1445116282z1.png

_woLf

Alright, here ya go, a giveaway for a blue & pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo. Winner will be announced tomorrow at around 5:10 p.m. ET & I'll sent the amiibo out on Monday to the people who won. Again, please enter just ONE. I also added the "no lurkers" rule where you need at least 5 posts in a thread since I wanna give it to those who're part of the amiibo community.

<3

In for the blue one

DarkKyo

How do we check how many posts we have in a thread? I know I've posted here and there in Amiibo threads but it may have been OT6 I did more posts in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How do we check how many posts we have in a thread? I know I've posted here and there in Amiibo threads but it may have been OT6 I did more posts in.
Check this list, perhaps use ctrl+f.

You have 7 posts in this thread, so you're fine. I just wanted to impose the rule since I wanted to give back to the community specifically.

Edit: lol I'm in 2nd place for most posts right behing Diggah.

Josh5890

You have 7 posts in this thread, so you're fine. I just wanted to impose the rule since I wanted to give back to the community specifically.

I have 97 posts. Yikes.

Anyway I picked up my Yarn Yoshi Bundle at Best Buy today. I checked out the amiibo section and they restocked big time. Fox, Marth, Dark Pit, Captain, TRU Pokemon. The Nintendo section was redone as well as mentioned in other Gaf threads.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

You aren't taking my #1 spot on the Wall Of Shame, Zonic! That's mine!

FW3f4XR.gif

Defect

Trying for that blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom