• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

Got Mewtwo!

...And all the Animal Crossing amiibo. And the game.

$140 gone. Ugh. I hate myself.

My Mewtwo and Mabel amiibo had stains on them too so I had to be THAT guy asked for different ones. God I'm terrible.

LiK

I forgot I preordered Mewtwo from Walmart. he shipped last night, lol.

I'm no longer in a rush for amiibos anymore. so much cheaper to just buy the imports from Amazon resellers now. so many of them use Prime as well.

RootCause

I forgot I preordered Mewtwo from Walmart. he shipped last night, lol.

I'm no longer in a rush for amiibos anymore. so much cheaper to just buy the imports from Amazon resellers now. so many of them use Prime as well.
Yep, me either. Now I can go about my day, and buy them when I want without fear of missing out.
I wonder if Nintendo will make Cliud amiibo two. For once, I'd like them to stop making amiibo for smash. :p

Wow,mewtwo is actually out for delivery today from Walmart. No time yet for 3 pack, looks like it might be farther away and coming next week.

...TRU on the other hand is seriously ticking me off. I ordered Superchargers last night and it already shipped out. I ordered Amiibo Festival freaking FOUR MONTHS ago and I got an alert from them that the item is delayed. On their site it says "Special Order: Awaiting Inventory".... Which tells me they probably oversold. I have half a mind to just cancel their garbage because I can just pick the game up in a store or buy it somewhere else. Wooly World had a similar ridiculous time frame, didn't ship out until Sunday and come until Thursday despite it being two states away.

Thanks TRU. Never buying a game from you again.

JavyOO7

Walmart actually shipped the AC 3 Pack and I also pre ordered that pack from BB as well. i guess i'll return it to Walmart when it arrives.

Lucas amiibo is coming out in Dec 17 along with wave 2 of the AC amiibo... so I'll just have wave 1 stay a bit in the tenso warehouse and by the time end of December rolls around...

The 12 AC amiibo's
Lucas
Mega Yarn Yoshi

holy fak

bigkrev

Now that Gold Mega Man has been announced, is this the right time to sell my Gold Mario, or should I hold it longer?

I'm afraid a reprint will happen at some point and just tank the value.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Now that Gold Mega Man has been announced, is this the right time to sell my Gold Mario, or should I hold it longer?

IMHO having a Gold Mario just because it's rare and valuable is the wrong reason to have a Gold Mario. But if you fear the price will drop, sell now. Aside from "first print" collectors, I think it's the only one left with its kind of price tag and I don't see its value rising that much higher. This sort of commodity has a price ceiling: that which most collectors are willing to pay.

DrStiles

There's a Japan release of Gold Mario coming up in December, so it wouldn't surprise me if they also reprinted US at the same time.

ngower

So if I've interpreted the Direct correctly, Isabelle is *only* available in the amiibo festival set? Ughhh, I don't even want the game! But I must do anything for my waifu.

Skrams

Had to ask a guy to get mewtwo from the back, but for him and the AC gang. They told me the shit went on sale yesterday as if that was a reason they were all gone from the shelves I guess. Whatever, still turned out fine.

georly

I'm going to put this idea out there because it will happen:

The Legend of Zelda Gold amiibo 3-pack for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf

Sold.

No seriously, I will buy any and all zelda amiibo and any and all variations of them.

Really curious to see if Zelda U gets its own amiibo lineup or just 1 amiibo like twilight princess.

Also: wolf link amiibo usable in zelda u - wonder what it could possibly do. Reggie even says "data saved to the wolf link amiibo" meaning twilight princess will let you use it to save something there... but what? Rupees? Start zelda U with more rupees? Use him like a bank account, majora's mask style? Summon a helper for combat? Very curious.

Skrams

Maybe it's because I waited in my car for 2 hours listening to the Giant Beastcast and then watching Capcom Pro Talk with Mike Ross, but man this was the most empty amiiboing I've done in a while. It might also be because I was the only one there that was there for them. Some guys went to the exact section, so I commented that they were probably in the back to which they didn't respond. I guess I pegged them wrong and was just a weirdo. Combine that with me walking around for 2 minutes wondering if a guy would magically come to stock the shelf and trying to find an employee who wasn't helping someone else. Then after all that not work to buy just Mewtwo I can then go pick up the AC amiibo from in store pickup. Good waste of 3+ hours.

Tom Nook looks cool at least. His sweater feels so niceeeee.

And now I wonder if I should buy Mega Yarn Yoshi.

I'm going to put this idea out there because it will happen:

The Legend of Zelda Gold amiibo 3-pack for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf

No thanks, I don't need more gold amiibo haunting me as if I need them to complete a collection. Also man, gold amiibo just look dumb.

Picked up my Amiibo Festival, mabel, and green yarn yoshi from gamestop this morning at 10 and was surprised to see a line of people got up to around 15 all there for mewtwo but also alot of people picking up amiibo festival and the animal crossing amiibo they had about 10 of each figure but only 4 green yarn yoshi amiibo. Nice to see the hunt is still there its just camping is dead lol

Weebos

Banned
Just grabbed Tom Nook, Mable, Mewtwo, and TPHD from Gamestop. I haven't been in the amiibo game for awhile and it feels like a whole new world.

TheGrue

Got the AC three pack and Mabel at TRU, so got everything once Amiibo Festival comes in from Amazon today. Also got Hulkbuster, which I didn't know was out.

KingBroly

Banned
Maybe it's because I waited in my car for 2 hours listening to the Giant Beastcast and then watching Capcom Pro Talk with Mike Ross, but man this was the most empty amiiboing I've done in a while. It might also be because I was the only one there that was there for them. Some guys went to the exact section, so I commented that they were probably in the back to which they didn't respond. I guess I pegged them wrong and was just a weirdo. Combine that with me walking around for 2 minutes wondering if a guy would magically come to stock the shelf and trying to find an employee who wasn't helping someone else. Then after all that not work to buy just Mewtwo I can then go pick up the AC amiibo from in store pickup. Good waste of 3+ hours.

Tom Nook looks cool at least. His sweater feels so niceeeee.

And now I wonder if I should buy Mega Yarn Yoshi.

No thanks, I don't need more gold amiibo haunting me as if I need them to complete a collection. Also man, gold amiibo just look dumb.

How about a Frozen in Carbonite Samus amiibo?

nikos

Amiibo Festival just came in. Going to pick up the rest at Best Buy tonight. Both are showing ready to pick up.

My amiibo festival bundle shipped + my tom nook and mabel from gohastings shipped too.

So hype to get all my babies in the mail within the next few days :')

Seeing Twilight Princess HD's Wolf Link amiibo reminded me that we almost got a Skull Kid amiibo from Majora 3D. I hope they make a full Zelda amiibo line with Skull Kid included.

ngower

Picked up Nook and the Amiibo Festival game. Not opening either until some impressions of the game come out and alleviate/prove my fears.

Draxal

Looks likes there are plenty of Mewtwo's available (the gamestop didn't sell out immediately).

This is a different amiibo world we live in.

Majestad

Banned
Ok, so what are still the rare amiibos? I'm at a toys r us that has shulk and villager, and my best but has a lots of Marths still.

ngower

i have only played board game mode but i can try and answer some questions.

Are you enjoying it? It seems to me like a very diluted form of the basics of Animal Crossing, and that the board game itself isn't compelling enough to really carry the game. Seems like it's mostly just a very basic game with all the charm and charisma of an AC game thrown in as an attempt to push copies.

Further, with no online, and me not really hosting friends more than once a month tops, I question the replayability of the game by my lonesome.

I'm debating whether or not to just import Isabelle and return the game...

Is there a chance for Twilight Princess HD amiibo bundles being back up for pre-orders? Has Yoshi's Woolly World and Animal Crossing done something like that?

Are you enjoying it? It seems to me like a very diluted form of the basics of Animal Crossing, and that the board game itself isn't compelling enough to really carry the game. Seems like it's mostly just a very basic game with all the charm and charisma of an AC game thrown in as an attempt to push copies.

Further, with no online, and me not really hosting friends more than once a month tops, I question the replayability of the game by my lonesome.

I'm debating whether or not to just import Isabelle and return the game...

The game has alot of charm to it plus the dialog is fantastic just like past animal crossing games. There is also a surprising amount of modes to the game.

Acorn Chase
Mystery Campers
Balloon Battle
Quiz Show
Fruit Path
amiibo Card Battle
Desert Island Escape
Resetti Bop

Also i havent gotten far enough into the game from what i was told eventually you can customize the board with public works projects and using amiibo cards you can change up the villagers in the town. There is also a surprising amount of strategy in the gae if you play for a full month turnips are huge factor. Like i said i havent played much and havent tried out all the modes but im shocked that im really enjoying it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Spent lunch acquiring Amiibos. Gonna trade the game in to Gamestop anyway toward Xeno X CE.

What have I become?

ueLDWhV.jpg

c8DV2dl.jpg

zWPQPHs.jpg

Fuck, just wanted Mewtwo and walked out with 4 amiibos. Toysrus has a bog40℅ off going on today and tomorrow

Same for me, I wouldn't have bought all this w/o the discounts at Toys R Us.

Mewtwo arrived, I ended up grabbing Nook despite having no interest in the AC game, and now I've gone and imported Isabelle and KK to get them outside of their respective bundles.

You've won again, amiibos!

Animekatt

Just got back from Best Buy with Mewtwo and Amiibo Festival. Mewtwo looks excellent. I will wait on opening up the game until I hear more impressions.

Rizific

Yes (is he out) and no (is he exclusive). Kinda surprised, honestly. I thought for sure he'd be TRU's exclusive given he's an iconic Pokemon.
Awesome thanks! Was able to walk into a gamestop and pick him up. Saw a bunch of animal crossing amiibos on display as well but I have no interest in those

ChrisD

Looks likes there are plenty of Mewtwo's available (the gamestop didn't sell out immediately).

This is a different amiibo world we live in.

It's a beautiful amiibo world. ;-;
The only amiibo I'm missing now are WFT, Kirby, Mario, Peach, Zelda, and Yoshi. Then, of course, Lucas, Ryu, and CLOUD, but that's later down the road. And past the first two on that list, I feel I'll actually be able to complete this set before too long. I never would have thought such a thing six months ago.

Won't be able to make an attempt on Mewtwo for another few hours when I leave work.

Is he going quickly, or low in quantity?

I don't want to get hopes up/down, but my Gamestop still had five of them four and a half hours after open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom