• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboy415

Mega Man Legacy Collection Collector's Edition with Gold Mega Man amiibo is up on Amazon!!

814cba8boML._SL1500_.jpg

Kenai

I hope that Wolf Link is available outside the bundle, cause I already know it's gonna be mine. Fire Emblem tier for me.

Wolf Link + Midna (+bundle), Gold Mega Man (+bundle), Blathers, Celeste, Kicks, Mr. Resetti, and Lucas. Did I miss anything? I was in-and-out during the Direct.

Skrams

Wolf Link + Midna (+bundle), Gold Mega Man (+bundle), Blathers, Celeste, Kicks, Mr. Resetti, and Lucas. Did I miss anything? I was in-and-out during the Direct.

I don't really understand, but I think Japan is either finally getting Gold Mario or a reprint or something? That'll be good for the people who want to import it I guess.

Also stuff about AC Series 2 and I guess Pokken Tournament with the Dark Mewtwo card in first production runs if that counts.

G0523

I keep looking at the Animal Crossing amiibo and I just keep thinking to myself that I don't want it or need it. But ugggggh they look so appealing! The amount of money I'd spend on them would suck though. It's easily around $130 for all the Animal Crossing amiibo that come out tomorrow.

I just want Mewtwo...I just want Mewtwo...I better not give in tomorrow morning...

The_Kid

Whelp I officially have to invest in a display shelf. I can't fit these amiibos on the bat stands anymore.

Every time I think about being done Nintendo pulls me back in.

The way things have been, I don't have any concerns about getting Amiibo anymore. They've been super easy to find lately, even brand new ones.

Boogiepop

Just out of curiosity, when did we get a confirmation that they're doing 4 series of AC Amiibo cards? Must've missed that one. Also, feel like they'll be stretching the NPCs a little thin at that point, but I guess we'll see...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just out of curiosity, when did we get a confirmation that they're doing 4 series of AC Amiibo cards? Must've missed that one. Also, feel like they'll be stretching the NPCs a little thin at that point, but I guess we'll see...

400 Animal Crossing amiibo Cards to be Produced

2tLuH07.jpg

Since each Series has 100 cards, it's safe to assume there will be a minimum of four Series. Either way, once I complete Series 1 I'm done with AC cards. No way can any sane human being keep this up for 300+ more cards!

Skrams

So am I to understand that the regular Mega Man Legacy Collection is $30 for retail and it's $50 for the CE? Am I going to pay $20 extra for a gold amiibo and 6 post cards? That kind of bums me out.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So am I to understand that the regular Mega Man Legacy Collection is $30 for retail and it's $50 for the CE? Am I going to pay $20 extra for a gold amiibo and 6 post cards? That kind of bums me out.

The Collector's Edition comes with everything the regular game does and some more bonuses.

Nintendo 3DS Standard Edition ($29.99 USD)
Comes with a physical copy of the full game, two Nintendo 3DS Mega Man themes, a soundtrack sample CD containing eighteen songs from Mega Man 1 through 6, and four Mega Man stickers!

Nintendo 3DS Collector’s Edition ($49.99 USD)
Includes everything in the standard edition, plus a set of six Mega Man postcards and the exclusive gold Mega Man amiibo!

So you get the following when you buy the CE:
  • Two 3DS home themes
  • CD with 18 songs on it
  • Four stickers
  • Six postcards (CE Exclusive)
  • Gold Mega Man amiibo (CE Exclusive)

Boogiepop

400 Animal Crossing amiibo Cards to be Produced

2tLuH07.jpg

Since each Series has 100 cards, it's safe to assume there will be a minimum of four Series. Either way, once I complete Series 1 I'm done with AC cards. No way can any sane human being keep this up for 300+ more cards!
Ah, neat, thanks. I didn't think I'd be up for it either, but trade GAF has made it so you pretty much need to buy enough packs for the 100 in the set and then trade. So it's wacky and involves all sorts of trading, but it's doable.

I'm definitely not hating the down time between sets, though. Nor am I planning on going out of my way for anything like that Japanese magazine exclusive card...

Jawmuncher

Had to order the Twilight Princess HD bundle from bestbuy. Missed it on amazon.

Also hopefully daisy is soon. Mario Tennis seems to imply as much. Then again we said the same thing about Mario party.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if certain amiibo just acts as multiple characters, like Bowser could count as Dry Bowser or Toad working for Toadette as well.

I'd imagine reprints for some like Rosalina & Wario.

Success got the 3 pack, tom nook, and Mewtwo from Meijer at midnight, Now to sleep wake up goto gamestop pick up my Amiibo Festival and use my gamestop gift card to get Mabel and Green yarn yoshi :)

The_Kid

Sooo on Reddit someone is saying the stock numbers of Amiibo Festival are between 8-11? Does that seem very low to anyone else?

Skrams

I don't know if this was a known thing or not, but I'll post it anyway

Thank you for your interest in ordering the new amiibo figures from Amazon.com! Quantities of the new characters will be limited, so we'd like to ensure that as many customers as possible have availability information. Individual characters from the latest wave will be available for purchase Friday, November 13, at these times.

Mewtwo: 2:00 p.m. PT
Mabel : 3:00 p.m. PT
Tom Nook: 4:00 p.m. PT
Animal Crossing Series 3-Pack : 5:00 p.m. PT

Purchases are limited to 1 per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be disabled for these items. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

We have ample quantities of each amiibo, but do expect to sell out. Please act quickly Friday afternoon for your best chance at buying the characters you want. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that they will remain in stock for long.

Thank you for shopping with us.

~Amazon.com Video Games

HardRojo

Just when I thought I didn't have to worry about amiibo anymore, they catch me off guard with the Wolf Link amiibo, the MegaMan Gold amiibo (which I'll have to purchase a CE for) and the first-run only Shadow Mewtwo card... Why Nintendo!? WHY!?

Maengun1

Just heard about the Lucas release date! Need.

I haven't been here in a while haha. I see he's got an amazon page set up already -- not Gamestop exclusive? Was expecting it a la Ness.

Just put in an order for the Animal Crossing 3-pack and Tom Nook. Probably woulda done Mabel too but Best Buy's out of her.

The AC Amiibo are just tooooooo cute for me to pass up. I'm probably gonna wind up with all of them because they translate so well to these figures. I feel like I have time to get the bundle with Isabelle and Diggby, not gonna worry about dropping another $60 at the moment.

The only thing that sucks is, I'm buying the 3-pack for my boss, who only wants KK Slider. So ... even if I do get Mabel somewhere else, my personal collection will be missing KK. Is there a way to get him outside the 3-Pack? Even if it's ordering from Japan it'd probably be cheaper than buying a whole other 3-pack and then having doubles of the Alpacas.

Edit: Forgot MewTwo comes out tomorrow too so I just grabbed him as well. Nice that I could just straight up order them and not need to worry about being at the right place at the right second to maybe get one online, or wait for hours at the crack of dawn to get them in-store.

G0523

Ohh man I haven't done this since it was warm out! 30 minutes till Target opens and I'm second waiting for the Mewtwo amiibo. Apparently my Target will only have 12 of them. I'm glad this one isn't a retail exclusive.

InkoMint

Neo Member
The only thing that sucks is, I'm buying the 3-pack for my boss, who only wants KK Slider. So ... even if I do get Mabel somewhere else, my personal collection will be missing KK. Is there a way to get him outside the 3-Pack?

Messaged you about info!

Also, my husband just told me our Bestbuy Mewtwo just got delayed until a December 14th arrival! Anyone else?

georly

Mega man CE hasn't popped up on best buy yet, has it? I ordered a backup copy off amazon, but would prefer best buy due to GCU.

Laws00

I thought people said these things were rare.....
I just like to go browsing and post my Amiibo findings in stores

The first two are from Gamestop and then I think Best Buy or vice versa the other 2 are from Toys R Us

20151105_110951.jpg

20151105_111015.jpg

20151106_102050.jpg

20151106_102102.jpg

georly

I showed up to best buy 2 hours early. No one is here. I've made poor choices.

Yeah, those are the days of the past. I'm showing up 5 minutes early. I've been an hour LATE to toys R us the last two weekends and they still had mountains of mii fighters/villager. Hell, when I went to pick up villager, they still had mii fighters left. Nintendo's supply is finally meeting/exceeding demand, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom