• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
While I was watching the Direct, it became fairly obvious that amiibo Festival is going to be really bad so I'm gonna return all of the Animal Crossing amiibo when they arrive.

GzXqeYy.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This is how I see those middle Smash waves:

WAVE 5
July 24: Palutena
July 31: Dark Pit

WAVE 6
Sept. 11: Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Olimar, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr.
Sept. 25: R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt Duo

WAVE 7
Nov. 1: Mii Fighter, Mii Gunner, Mii Swordfighter
Nov. 13: Mewtwo
Nov. 20: Falco

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Whoa totally forgot Mega Yarn Yoshi comes out on Sunday. What are the odds they'll put him on their site on Sunday morning? Not sure I can make it to the store and I want to grab him.

Maengun1

Just picked up my Mewtwo at Gamestop, and saw all the Animal Crossing amiibo in person for the first time! They look really nice, but I'm not getting Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival, haven't bought any of the cards, and will pass on these as well.

I almost definitely would have bought a standalone KK Slider just because I love him, but I don't care about the alpacas at all and I'm not dropping $35 just for KK. I know that's why Nintendo bundled him in the first place, dammit, and I'm not biting.

Funny thing is I still don't have Villager. Kinda hoping they release some other Villager designs as part of this series that also work for Smash Bros. I'm not crazy about the default Smash design.

Thoraxes

As promised, here's some really hi-res pics of all the AC Amiibos. Click the thumbnail for full-resolution images!

They all look lovely. The quality on them has become very, very nice.

2015-11-1317.52.25dmug7.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So is there any confirmation of Villager's function in Amiibo Festival? I was hoping you could use it to play as (a) Villager (like without an amiibo at all) but letting you save happiness points to it. But I'm guessing he does nothing.

I'm getting release day delivery on the game but the figures are estimated 17th. Gonna stink having to play Digby or getting no amiibo progression until then.

Not compatible, according to an associate editor at Nintendo World Report in the comments section of this preview: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...mal-crossing-amiibo-festival-hands-on-preview

Apparently that Nintendo World Report editor was wrong to an extent. A Redditor reports that the Villager Amiibo unlocks a gold Villager statue in AC:AF:

5ePVoM6.jpg

Armaly

So is there a line group or something I can sign up to so I can get alerted when Lucas comes up for pre order? You guys think he'll be a store exclusive?

OCD report: the font they used for "Mewtwo" on the front of the packaging is different than the other Smash line characters' names. On purpose or some weird oversight?

Gengahrrr

OCD report: the font they used for "Mewtwo" on the front of the packaging is different than the other Smash line characters' names. On purpose or some weird oversight?

Weird, it's a more condensed font for some reason.

I was about to say, maybe it's different for the DLC characters, but Lucas's packaging uses the normal font.

Skrams

Is Gold Megaman sold out everywhere?
Hasn't showed up on best buy yet, so there's that and maybe more stock will happen over time anyway.
Should I worry about Twilight Princess HD's amiibo bundle on Best Buy? Or will it be back up for pre-order often?

I would think since it's the only way to get it at the moment that the bundle will be in more plentiful supply as we get closer to release. At least farther than only a few days from the announcement at least.

What is this taken from?

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/665414313528705024

"First look at Ryu amiibo from a Toys"R"Us display. Via @FanLoxx! Looks amazing! "

Instead of Animal Crossing Amiibo or Mewtwo, I just got this guy instead:

P1030289_zpsgu6umsqi.jpg

I did nearly buy Tom Nook but stopped myself from doing so as I bought 3 HHD card packs instead of him.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
amiibo Festival is a budget title with two amiibos bundled in that you have to pay for. It will be $40 by next year.

I'm pretty happy that some amiibo are easily found at best buy now. I just finally got shulk yesterday.

I wonder if they will do restocks of other hard to find characters like pit, palutena, wario, robin and lucina,meta knight, king dedede, rosalina, and 30th anniversary Mario.

I also wonder if retailers will get cold feet and order less of ryu and Lucas.

I hate having to buy a bunch at once so the current best buy situation is awesome. I feel no rush to get marth or little Mac or falcon.

bumpkin

I'm having fun with Amiibo Festival...
Same. The only thing I hate is it has shades of that bullshit Mario Party AI. I played a round last night against three AI characters and you know who won? The AI character who was behind - negative bells, barely any Happy Points - all game long. They randomly got a money tree and were awarded with 90k bells. They won when the bells were converted to Happy Points.

The round I played with my wife was fun though.

Nori Chan

I'm sad now because I have a big big big feeling that they're now going to separate G&W, ROB, and Duck Hunt into a solo box...

Would anyone want to trade all 3 and a little cash on the side if that happens? NAIB DAMN YOU HOW DARE MY OCD GET THE BETTER OF ME

KingBroly

Banned
Exclusives Update

Walmart: Gold Mario, Modern Mario
Target: Rosalina, Dr. Mario, Lottie, Timmy & Tommy
Toys R Us: Villager (restock), Mii Fighters 3-pack, Mega Yarn Yoshi, Bowser Jr.
Gamestop: Ness, Roy, Ike (restock) and Retro 3-pack
Best Buy: Meta Knight, Dark Pit and Falco
Amazon: Palutena

D-Man

Hm... Lucas and Ryu were going to be my final Smash amiibos, but I think I might just bite for Famicom ROB. If they eventually release Game & Watch separately I'll probably end up getting him as well. This ride never ends.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, Roy is the GS exclusive? Figured it would've been Lucas. Oh I don't mind. GS was well stocked on the 3-pack, I'm sure I won't have any issues, especially if I can pre-order in-store.

Yay for Famicom ROB. I'm sure he might be exclusive, but it's a nicer reskin compared to gold or silver.

Damn, what a day for amiibo news.

Non-exclusives: Famicom R.O.B., Lucas, Ryu, Rover (!), Kapp'n
Exclusive: Timmy & Tommy (Target), Roy (GameStop)

I know I said I wasn't going to get/keep any of the AC amiibo but I love Rover so I'm gonna make an exception

EDIT: I hope Roy has similar stock to the Retro 3-Pack. I would have preferred Target or TRU for Roy because they have a ton of stock for their exclusives.

Boogiepop

Odd that they didn't just reveal all these amiibo on Thursday if they're already being displayed in stores...
Definitely. Also, I guess that takes care of the Mario Maker stuff, barring another Isabelle outfit. Shame that nothing else has popped up/may not pop up for AC soon, though, as I'd love a Red or Tortimer, or for the off-chance one a Brewster. Still, there are at least some nice ones coming up.

Famicom R.O.B. IS COMING TO U.S! YES! Definitely picking him up. I hope Roy being a GameStop exclusive doesn't mean low stock numbers. Ugh. Timmy & Tommy though is worse for me. Better be a Dr. Mario situation where there's enough of them because outside out him, I've had the worst luck with Target.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So think Roy & Ryu will come out at the same time, considering we've got a look at them?

Guessing Roy's coming out the same day at FE Fates. Maybe a restock of Lucina & Robin will happen as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom