• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Thanks for the advice on selling Gold Mario

I listed it on ebay for 55 dollars, and it sold in under 2 hours
should have asked for 60

Won't be able to make an attempt on Mewtwo for another few hours when I leave work.

Is he going quickly, or low in quantity?

Depends on where you live. My Best Buy, Target, and TRU were all sold out within an hour of opening. Had to settle for Gamestop where they still had some 15 sitting there.

ngower

One of the two Targets in my ~90k city had 2 Mewtwo's when I went in earlier today, and we usually get picked quickly because it's right on the border of Mass and people come here for the tax-free shopping.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So did any other amiibos get restocked along with the shipment of Mewtwos? Maybe another restock when Falco hits Best Buy?

maxcriden

I'll be to GameStop in about 2 hours. Will report back then.

Can I humbly ask you to check the Rodea Wii U trade-in value as well? I want to be a jerk and get the game, keep the Wii disc, and trade in. Does that make me a terrible person...?\

ETA: please also ask if you need to trade in the Wii game with it. Thank you!

Messaged you about info!
Ah thank you!

So if I've interpreted the Direct correctly, Isabelle is *only* available in the amiibo festival set? Ughhh, I don't even want the game! But I must do anything for my waifu.

From what it sounded like to me, Isabelle and Diggby are only available in Ambiibo Festival *currently* and Diggby will only ever be included in the bundle. So that sounds like Isabelle will eventually be sold on her own but if you want Diggby you'll have to buy the bundle.

Kitoro

Ah thank you!

From what it sounded like to me, Isabelle and Diggby are only available in Ambiibo Festival *currently* and Diggby will only ever be included in the bundle. So that sounds like Isabelle will eventually be sold on her own but if you want Diggby you'll have to buy the bundle.

Actually, Digby is only available for a limited time in the bundle, and then will disappear. Isabelle will always come with the game.

I wish I could go out today and spend more money I don't have on amiibos but I have to resist. It pains to resist but I must. Awesome to see you guys picking them up. They look great.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the advice on selling Gold Mario

I listed it on ebay for 55 dollars, and it sold in under 2 hours
should have asked for 60

xCDhc34.gif

Fox Mulder

Picked up mewtwo easily at like 2pm. nice change from when I bailed on this stuff.

Got green yarn yoshis too, so cute.

So did any other amiibos get restocked along with the shipment of Mewtwos? Maybe another restock when Falco hits Best Buy?

I didn't see any. My best buy still has a ton of marths from the last restock with that standup display.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Back from Gamestop. Sadly the trade value for the game only is $16.50. I'm sure they anticipated scabbers like myself.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Back from Gamestop. Sadly the trade value for the game only is $16.50. I'm sure they anticipated scabbers like myself.

Honestly that's not bad, especially for a game that's currently bundle-only and need Amiibos to play, so I wouldn't even expect a market for just the game. They will probably sell it for like $30 alone or something, but the important part is if people don't have any use for the game to get rid of it QUICK before that number depreciates further.

I don't know. My wife and I had fun playing it with our daughter this morning. It's very charming.

How old is your daughter, by chance? I'm sure I had an ok time playing with my niece and nephew at ages 4 and 6 1/2, but even they got bored, and the 4 year old had trouble reading and getting a lot of the jokes.

I guess, I consider Candy Land to be a very young game where you don't do much of anything and you just play through it. No skill, all luck, and basic involvement. That's What Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is for me. There's some cute writing every turn, but that's it. The only real strategy or game mechanic is deciding when to buy and sell turnips. Everything else is just rolling your turn and letting things play out as they do.

I guess, for people who haven't played it, expect something with even less player involvement than Mario Party 10, which is already an incredible neutered and early-age Mario Party game.

ngower

Fairly disappointing. I suspect it'll be $14-18 at Best Buy. Which means if you were to get the game with GCU for $48, minus let's say $15, you're paying $33 for two amiibo. Hm.

Will keep an eye on ebay and Amazon for sellers as well.

How old is your daughter, by chance? I'm sure I had an ok time playing with my niece and nephew at ages 4 and 6 1/2, but even they got bored, and the 4 year old had trouble reading and getting a lot of the jokes.

I guess, I consider Candy Land to be a very young game where you don't do much of anything and you just play through it. No skill, all luck, and basic involvement. That's What Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is for me. There's some cute writing every turn, but that's it. The only real strategy or game mechanic is deciding when to buy and sell turnips. Everything else is just rolling your turn and letting things play out as they do.

I guess, for people who haven't played it, expect something with even less player involvement than Mario Party 10, which is already an incredible neutered and early-age Mario Party game.

3 and a half.

My wife and I were talking about playing it by ourselves when I got home from work.

We both really like Animal Crossing though.

Neifirst

I had that amiibo festival game in my bestbuy.com cart so many times but could never pull the trigger. Just got the Tom Nook instead. I think I made the right choice.

georly

My brother's GF is looking into buying the animal crossing cards and then making sculptures (I think out of clay, not sure) for the characters that don't have their own amiibo, attaching the NFC chip to the bottom and then selling them on etsy.

She wants to know which ones would be the most desirable ones that aren't getting official amiibo figures.

I'm not into AC all that much, so I figured i'd ask you guys which amiibo figure you WISH existed but is only in card form.

Here is the nana(?) she made:

Stumbled into my local game shop and found a green yarn yoshi !

I now have all three :')

edit: also came home to my amiibo festival bundle ! aahhhhhhhhhhhh

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My brother's GF is looking into buying the animal crossing cards and then making sculptures (I think out of clay, not sure) for the characters that don't have their own amiibo, attaching the NFC chip to the bottom and then selling them on etsy.

She wants to know which ones would be the most desirable ones that aren't getting official amiibo figures.

I'm not into AC all that much, so I figured i'd ask you guys which amiibo figure you WISH existed but is only in card form.

Here is the nana(?) she made:

That Nana is amazing! I love the idea of making figures for cards. Also, you know who deserves it the most--my main cat Bob!

TWxGNf0.gif

Anyone want a pack of animal crossing cards for say $1 + shipping or any type of cheep digital game? I bought a pack just to check them out and they're just kinda sitting there. I don't even own the game.

I doubt anyone here still really needs any, but hey.....

"I'll never get the Animal Crossing amiibo, their functionality sucks and I don't like most of the characters!

uH2gXFd.png

While I was watching the Direct, it became fairly obvious that amiibo Festival is going to be really bad so I'm gonna return all of the Animal Crossing amiibo when they arrive.

Super hyped about Mega Yarn Yoshi on Sunday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom