• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookie401

This is bullshit that happen at a Warwick, RI TRU. My brother and I was standing in line at 7:30. We was 12 & 13 in line. Comes to opening this employee told everyone they have 22 and counted people at the door as we walked in. Two lane at electronic open, I went in one and my brother the other. I got my MYY and walked out while my brother was still inside. A minute later my brother walked out empty handed. I asked what happen and he said the SAME employee who counted people at the door told him he wasn't part of the 22 people in line. My brother said he was and the employee asked other people in line if he was. Guess what they said: no. So they refuse to sell one to him.

We're going to complain about this BS to corporate.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The one time it decides to rain... limited undercover and its 630... hope I get a spot undercover! We will just need to shuffled and not make a poker-straight line trailing to the rain.

Got mine! I've been pretty lucky with getting all the Amiibo I wanted. I even have the Twilight Princess bundle pre-ordered, so I'm set for the foreseeable future. =)

Dragoshi1

Got mine too!

They handed out tickets to us as well, everyone who got a ticket could buy 1 only.

Headed inside with the 13 others, and they said they had some at the Customer service desk, so I ran over there and winded up being the first one to walk out with MYY!

nAWyZSr.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Only 2 people in line... Well one since the other chair is empty. I'll wait in the warm car until others start showing up.

Skrams

This kind of stuff bewilders me in that people fuck the other people in line even though they themselves are already secured with one of whatever they're buying. No one is going to steal the yarn yoshi out of your hand because of this. You can admit he was there. I guess everyone is just selfish and doesn't want to out the actual person who was last in line as if they themselves will possibly be convicted somehow.
I've seen some mention of a 20 percent off.. How?

Sent you a PM.

Boogiepop

Trying the only other store near me, about 20 minutes to get there and they had 1 left they couldn't hold. Maaaaan, this sucks. I'd have to imagine this is going to be fruitless but I have to try. I'm guessing there's no chance anyone willing to have grabbed an extra, is there? Again, really sucks. Guess I shouldn't have let my guard down and thought an hour before opening (though of course it opened early without warning.)

ChrisD

This is bullshit that happen at a Warwick, RI TRU. My brother and I was standing in line at 7:30. We was 12 & 13 in line. Comes to opening this employee told everyone they have 22 and counted people at the door as we walked in. Two lane at electronic open, I went in one and my brother the other. I got my MYY and walked out while my brother was still inside. A minute later my brother walked out empty handed. I asked what happen and he said the SAME employee who counted people at the door told him he wasn't part of the 22 people in line. My brother said he was and the employee asked other people in line if he was. Guess what they said: no. So they refuse to sell one to him.

Wooooow. That crowd who said no are all horrible people. Flat-out lying over a freaking figure. There's no way he went unnoticed by the others. None.

FZZ

Banned
In line right now. Store doesn't open til 9 which is in two more hours.

People are super unfriendly. Completely different experience from when I waited in line to get the Wii way back in 2006.

Lookie401

Wooooow. That crowd who said no are all horrible people. Flat-out lying over a freaking figure. There's no way he went unnoticed by the others. None.
Yeah. Even though I got myself a MYY I'm very PO for my brother and about the whole thing. I didn't mention this but there was about 5 people that cut us in line because they was friendly chatting with people in front of us. We didn't mind because there was 22 MYY available so we let that slide. Basically we was originally 7 and 8 person in line.

You know, there was proof that my brother was in line behind me because someone in front was taking pictures of the line on their cell phone. But that person left before the incident happen. TRU is such a clusterfuck. No ticket system, clueless employee who doesn't remember my brother was in line when he personally counted people at the door. *sighs*

The amiibo thirst is definitely dead where I am at. There were 5 of us lined up at 9:00 and the store had 30+ Mega Yoshi's. Good luck out there everybody.

Yeah. Even though I got myself a MYY I'm very PO for my brother and about the whole thing. I didn't mention this but there was about 5 people that cut us in line because they was friendly chatting with people in front of us. We didn't mind because there was 22 MYY available so we let that slide. Basically we was originally 7 and 8 person in line.

You know, there was proof that my brother was in line behind me because someone in front was taking pictures of the line on their cell phone. But that person left before the incident happen. TRU is such a clusterfuck. No ticket system, clueless employee who doesn't remember my brother was in line when he personally counted people at the door. *sighs*

That's really shitty. Luckily at my Toys R Us the guys know most of the people who lineup, and a lot of the guys in line are good people and who speak up when there's any nonsense going on.

Skrams

Maybe it's because Kentucky and southern hospitality or something another, but my line was pretty good. Some couples in their 20s, an old lady or two, older married couple, a 3ish year old, and quieter people like myself. There was conversation going on for the 30 minutes I was waiting out there.

Also here's a poopy height comparison photo no one asked for. MYY also comes with a little stand you can put in between his legs to make him stand up. It's aight.

Boogiepop

Again, really, really want MYY and all the stores in my area sold out immediately, which seriously sucks, so if there's any chance anyone could help me out it'd be super appreciated.

Got there about an hour before opening and was probably 15th in line. The store got 22 total. 20% coupon ended up working out, so all in all it went well.

Defect

It just had to be TRU exclusive. I would've actually gone if it was in a closer store like GameStop or Target.

Scalpers are selling it for $100 on EBay >.>

goldenpp72

Yoshi becomes a breakfast defector.

Yoshi practices safety.

Yoshi meets the family pet.

Yoshi decides he won't play his typical role.

TheGrue

Got to TRU about 30 minutes before opening. They had a bunch out on a table and when everyone grabbed those, they then brought some boxes out with the rest, but because there was a gap in time there, the line stopped mattering and people just crowded and the guy handed them out randomly. I still managed to get one, which is good because my position in line meant that I should have, but would have been mad if someone behind me got one and I did not.

Well it seems like this is one of those instances where MYY is making me relive the amigo droughts of the past. This one is hard to get if you didn't wait in line.

zigg

Wow, sorry for all the people who had a crappy time of it.

I was about 10th in line. They had ~20. They just let us all in and told us they were on a table. Thankfully it seemed nobody went home empty-handed, but that could've gone pretty badly.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh had to deal with the anal employee at mine. Checked out Villager last week and was told to have a physical copy, not scanned off the phone of the 20% coupon. Printed it for today and of course had her ring me up at the register. Give her the printed copy and she just kinda folded it up and gave it back. Turns out the manager rang up someone beside us and did it, I believe, as a phone scan. So if it's not company policy... why not? I did manage to get it, but she was really reluctant. Villager was one thing, but 20% off a $40 item is a big deal.

Got some much needed rest this morning after a concert last night. After reading this thread, not even going to bother heading out. Enjoy your mega yarns.

Power went out last night, alarm didn't go off, so I overslept and missed it. Apparently both TRUs near me got like 5 each. Goddammit.

Hoping for a restock soon. I mean, there has to be one........right?

Toki767

tsundoku

Ugh had to deal with the anal employee at mine. Checked out Villager last week and was told to have a physical copy, not scanned off the phone of the 20% coupon. Printed it for today and of course had her ring me up at the register. Give her the printed copy and she just kinda folded it up and gave it back. Turns out the manager rang up someone beside us and did it, I believe, as a phone scan. So if it's not company policy... why not? I did manage to get it, but she was really reluctant. Villager was one thing, but 20% off a $40 item is a big deal.

What's the problem? The coupon explicitly states no Video Game Hardware or Accessories. Remember when TRU had this exact situation before christmas for like wave 3 or whatever. A deal that wasnt meant to be applied to video game hardware, just games, but you could put Amiibos in your cart and type in the promo code. They had to mass cancel peoples orders where they were buying 3 amiibos for the price of 2. People had multiple sets of the entire wave preordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom