• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I feel a little skeptical about all these leaks coming in suddenly... The blurriness of them bugs me a bit... They still might be real, but it's just surprising too that they are revealed this way without any notice on Direct or any other outlet.

zroid

Banned
Yay for Famicom ROB. I'm sure he might be exclusive, but it's a nicer reskin compared to gold or silver.

doesn't seem like it... if it were exclusive it'd say so on the Target display just like it does for the Nook kids (and if it were exclusive to a different store then it wouldn't be on the Target display, of course)

taparoo

Doh, just got my famicom rob import today, it was only an extra 9 bucks and I take them out of the package so not a huge loss.

Got amiibo festival yesterday as well, and while my reasonable side is aware of how terrible of a game it is, it gives me that relaxing feeling that animal crossing gives me while playing it, so I'm going to at least play enough to unlock all the minigames.

mfw i bought a FamiROB from overseas

RfDYJIM.gif

oh well that's one less to worry about.

Rover looks nice, Ryu and Roy looking good to. Timmy and Tommy makes me laugh..and then sad because of Ice Climbers....

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any guesses for if Dedede and Meta Knight will get reprints? Somehow I was completely snoozing when their wave first started appearing for pre-orders and I missed the chance to get them. I've seen other amiibo pop up again randomly, so my fingers are crossed, but if anyone here has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

KingBroly

Banned
Nintendo needs to slow down on the amiibo releases. I'm pretty confident the amiibo platform has been established and doesn't need as hard a push as Nintendo has put forth so far.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo needs to slow down on the amiibo releases. I'm pretty confident the amiibo platform has been established and doesn't need as hard a push as Nintendo has put forth so far.

For collectors, I imagine the pace has been quite high. For me, as a more casual consumer who still somehow owns a lot of amiibo, there haven't been that many for me to buy in the last few months—the forced bundles for Animal Crossing figures and the fact that I'm not buying amiibo Festival or HHD means the AC line hasn't taken any of my money, despite really liking Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti, K. K. Slider, and
Timmy and Tommy, plus maybe Kapp'n
. The Smash series was really driving the release of the amiibo for the first year, so I wonder if there's anything to take it's place. Perhaps Animal Crossing and the Mario line, as well as the occasional series specific figures, like Star Fox and Zelda?

Neifirst

I imagine the 30th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda series in 2016 will bring with it a new amiibo line. That individual Wolf Link packaging definitely emphasizes the Zelda series logo, while Twilight Princess is in smaller type beneath it.

I'd kill for a 30th anniversary Metroid amiibo series too, and I think a series of Star Fox puppet amiibo, like the SNES cover, would be awesome. Some Xenoblade X skells while they're at it too!

Ridley327

It's not particularly faster paced than the usual toys-to-life lines have been. There's pretty much a couple new Skylanders every couple of weeks, a big drop of Disney Infinity figures and playsets once a month, and while LEGO Dimensions is on a break until January, they're doing the same thing as DI.

KingBroly

Banned
For collectors, I imagine the pace has been quite high. For me, as a more casual consumer who still somehow owns a lot of amiibo, there haven't been that many for me to buy in the last few months—the forced bundles for Animal Crossing figures and the fact that I'm not buying amiibo Festival or HHD means the AC line hasn't taken any of my money, despite really liking Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti, K. K. Slider, and
Timmy and Tommy, plus maybe Kapp'n
. The Smash series was really driving the release of the amiibo for the first year, so I wonder if there's anything to take it's place. Perhaps Animal Crossing and the Mario line, as well as the occasional series specific figures, like Star Fox and Zelda?

Well...Star Fox Zero has an amiibo logo on the box now, so...yeah, probably happening.

Mario Wave 2 still hasn't happened yet, probably to meet demand of the Smash line.

Speaking of that, Roy, Ryu, Lucas, Cloud and maybe 2-3 more characters are coming with that. Ouch.

Wolf Link and Midna are starting the Zelda line. So that will probably be sprinkled throughout the next year.

The AC figure line has 18 figures if Mario Maker is anything to go by. Not to mention the 400+ cards they're making.

Then there's rumors of more Splatoon amiibo, Federation Force is apparently going to support it as well. It's very daunting looking ahead after looking at the past year.

Drago

So far I only have future Smash Bros amiibo and Wolf Link to look forward to. I'm hoping that I won't be buying nearly as many amiibos in 2016 and beyond as I did in 2015, so far that's not looking like it will be too hard. Animal Crossing series doesn't interest me at all except for K.K.

I'd likely skip a potential Mario wave 2 and Splatoon wave 2 as well, I'm really content with what I already have for those series' and any more would be overkill.
ok, maybe I'll get Waluigi if that ever happens

Well...Star Fox Zero has an amiibo logo on the box now, so...yeah, probably happening.
amiibo support for that has been confirmed for a while hasn't it? I remember Miyamoto talking about how he wanted amiibo to unlock Arwing skins based on the scanned character, like in Ace Combat.

I do hope that they make that transformable Arwing amiibo Miyamoto was talking about a reality.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any news on Giant Yoshi availability? Haven't heard much in a bit on stock, and I need to know just how early to wake up for it >_>

bumpkin

Is anyone looking for the Inkling Girl by herself? I had gotten her as a single and then got my hands on the Splatoon 3-pack so now I have an extra.

I'd let her go for $10 shipped (within the US). PM me if interested! I'm out of work right now so any bit of cash would help. :(

Thoraxes

So Lucas wherever, Nooklings at Target, and Roy at Gamestop.

Gamestop is the one that's always the most difficult for me, but as long as they have ample stock like with the retro pack, and have a pre-order date/time set, I should be fine.

Famicom R.O.B. was something I was about to pull the trigger on too. But for an NA CiB set, i'll need the NA Famicom version, heh.
I think the only ones I need unopened, because I opened them at launch, are Samus, Villager, and Link.
First picture of ROY!
https://twitter.com/Stonepa11/status/665583534594244609
Gamestop exclusive...
Aw shiiieetttttt.
http://imgur.com/a/oREAP
For those who don't want to click it
Timmy and Tommy amiibo will be Target exclusive
and...
FAMICOM ROB IS COMING TO AMERICA!!!
Awwww sheeeeeeeeiiiiiit.

Those are some sexy pictures! XD

finalflame

Can anyone get me up to speed on what are the unannounced AC Amiibos? I saw the ones on the Direct for January and Lottie most likely Target exclusive next weekend, but what are with these other ones? Are they retailer exclusives, or when will we know more about them?

So far, other than the announced January releases I see Kapp'n, Rover, and Timmy & Tommy (Target Exclusive). Do we have any idea when more info on these will come out?

I'm not huge on the other series but NEED to collect all the ones for AC. If I miss one I will be devastated. This Amiibo thing is stressful, y'all.

Blues1990

Can anyone get me up to speed on what are the unannounced AC Amiibos? I saw the ones on the Direct for January and Lottie most likely Target exclusive next weekend, but what are with these other ones? Are they retailer exclusives, or when will we know more about them?

So far, other than the announced January releases I see Kapp'n, Rover, and Timmy & Tommy (Target Exclusive). Do we have any idea when more info on these will come out?

I'm not huge on the other series but NEED to collect all the ones for AC. If I miss one I will be devastated. This Amiibo thing is stressful, y'all.

As far as I know, there haven't been any more unannounced Animal Crossing Amiibo's (aside from the ones you have mentioned). Here's a list of what's been released and what will be coming up in the near future:

Isabelle - Nov. 13 (Bundle)
Digby - Nov. 13 (Bundle)
Mabel - Nov. 13
Tom Nook - Nov. 13
Cyrus - Nov. 13 (3-Pack)
Reese - Nov. 13 (3-Pack)
K.K. Slider - Nov. 13 (3-Pack)
Lottie - Nov. 22/Nov. 13 (Target/Best Buy)
Resetti - Jan 22
Blathers - Jan 22
Celeste - Jan 22
Kicks - Jan 22
Timmy & Tommy - TBA (Target)
Kapp'n - TBA
Rover - TBA

Also, I think it would be best to try not to stress out. Unlike in the past, I had no issue with picking up any of the Animal Crossing Amiibo's, especially since I haven't pre-ordered any of them. If it would make you feel better, you can go and pre-order the ones that you need to get, so that it's one less thing to worry about. Also, you can always ask others here if you need any assistance.

finalflame

As far as I know, there haven't been any more unannounced Animal Crossing Amiibo's (aside from the ones you have mentioned). Here's a list of what's been released and what will be coming up in the near future:

Isabelle - Nov. 13 (Bundle)
Digby - Nov. 13 (Bundle)
Mabel - Nov. 13
Tom Nook - Nov. 13
Cyrus - Nov. 13 (3-Pack)
Reese - Nov. 13 (3-Pack)
K.K. Slider - Nov. 13 (3-Pack)
Lottie - Nov. 22/Nov. 13 (Target/Best Buy)
Resetti - Jan 22
Blathers - Jan 22
Celeste - Jan 22
Kicks - Jan 22
Timmy & Tommy - TBA (Target)
Kapp'n - TBA
Rover - TBA

Also, I think it would be best to try not to stress out. Unlike in the past, I had no issue with picking up any of the Animal Crossing Amiibo's, especially since I haven't pre-ordered any of them. If it would make you feel better, you can go and pre-order the ones that you need to get, so that it's one less thing to worry about. Also, you can always ask others here if you need any assistance.

Thanks! I have all the ones currently out and will be having a friend pick up Lottie for me AT Target (gonna be backpacking that entire week). You're right, though, Target today still had plenty of stock for all the AC Amiibos currently out. Guess they aren't that hot.

Will be vigilant for the January releases and keep an eye out for the TBA ones. Just wanna have them all for AC!

Also, anyone have any collecting experience with the AC Amiibo cards? I got a couple of packs and was lucky enough to not have any repeats at all. Trying to get all 100 seems daunting, though, as there's apparently not much of a trading scene. Also, I don't even play/own HHD, so, seems perhaps kind of pointless other than for collecting.

Blues1990

Thanks! I have all the ones currently out and will be having a friend pick up Lottie for me AT Target (gonna be backpacking that entire week). You're right, though, Target today still had plenty of stock for all the AC Amiibos currently out. Guess they aren't that hot.

Will be vigilant for the January releases and keep an eye out for the TBA ones. Just wanna have them all for AC!

Also, anyone have any collecting experience with the AC Amiibo cards? I got a couple of packs and was lucky enough to not have any repeats at all. Trying to get all 100 seems daunting, though, as there's apparently not much of a trading scene. Also, I don't even play/own HHD, so, seems perhaps kind of pointless other than for collecting.

No problem. I'm glad that I could help. :)

I wouldn't say that they're selling poorly, as there is a bigger abundance of stock for the figurines. It's completely night and day to what it was in the past, and I'm all the happier for it. Seriously, if it was still the case, Digby would become a unicorn before you could sneeze. As for the AC Amiibo cards, I do know there is a trading thread on NeoGAF. Look there if you are missing any, or are willing to trade with others.

Also, major props for your pal helping you out. I did the same for a friend who wanted Robin & Lucina, as he was going to go to New York for a freelance job for 5 months. He paid me back, which was a plus. :3

finalflame

No problem. I'm glad that I could help. :)

I wouldn't say that they're selling poorly, as there is a bigger abundance of stock for the figurines. It's completely night and day to what it was in the past, and I'm all the happier for it. Seriously, if it was still the case, Digby would become a unicorn before you could sneeze. As for the AC Amiibo cards, I do know there is a trading thread on NeoGAF. Look there if you are missing any, or are willing to trade with others.

Also, major props for your pal helping you out. I did the same for a friend who wanted Robin & Lucina, as he was going to go to New York for a freelance job for 5 months. He paid me back, which was a plus. :3

Sweet! Good to know stock issues have been improved. Back when I got my only other Amiibo (Toon Link), I heard constant stories of crazy stock issues and things selling out in a heartbeat. I will be waiting at open tomorrow for a Mega Yarn Yoshi at TRU :) Gonna also check out that card trading thread.

And yah, friend is being a champ. Definitely paying them back AND getting them some beer for picking up for me. Even if they gave me the "...so you want me to wait for Target to open on a Sunday so I can get you a toy?" shpiel.

Good luck on getting Mega Yarn Yoshi tomorrow, everyone! I'm personally going there at 5AM but that's because I'm a nut.

I though reports were of a minimum 18 per store? I was hoping to show up at 8 for my store to open at 9 and not have any issues..maybe should move that back to 7 or 6 and bring my 3DS.

nikos

Can anyone recommend good, inexpensive sleeves for amiibo cards? Official ones are a bit pricey if I want to protect them all.

I guess I should head over to Toys R Us now...

This is literally the only time I've had to do something like this for an Amiibo. *yawn*

EDIT: Good, I'm #10 in line. As long as that 18 Amiibo minimum is true and it's limit 1 per customer (please tell me it is), I should be good.

Good, I'm #10 in line. As long as that 18 Amiibo minimum is true and it's limit 1 per customer (please tell me it is), I should be good.
Someone who showed up after me said the store I'm at only has 10. I guess the minimum was bullshit or some employees are hiding some for themselves. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

An employee came out and handed everyone in line a ticket to buy Mega Yarn Yoshi, myself included. Guess it wasn't a waste of time to come out here after all!

He still had about 5 in his hand by the time he got through the entire line, so I could have come by later, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom