• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

What's the problem? The coupon explicitly states no Video Game Hardware or Accessories. Remember when TRU had this exact situation before christmas for like wave 3 or whatever. A deal that wasnt meant to be applied to video game hardware, just games, but you could put Amiibos in your cart and type in the promo code. They had to mass cancel peoples orders where they were buying 3 amiibos for the price of 2. People had multiple sets of the entire wave preordered.
I think the problem was the employee not accepting it on the phone earlier, poster printed the coupon and gave it today and turned out the phone was enough.

I showed the phone on mine and no problems.

TheGrue

Am I correct in thinking we have Falco and Lottie and then that's it for the rest of the year in the U.S.? Trying to think if I'm forgetting some other Amiibo. Will be nice to grab those and then be done until January.

Skrams

Am I correct in thinking we have Falco and Lottie and then that's it for the rest of the year in the U.S.? Trying to think if I'm forgetting some other Amiibo. Will be nice to grab those and then be done until January.

Shovel Knight is the only one left besides Falco and Lottie. He should probably be in December it seems.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think the problem was the employee not accepting it on the phone earlier, poster printed the coupon and gave it today and turned out the phone was enough.

I showed the phone on mine and no problems.

Yeah this. She only wanted the original flyer coupon, but the manager right next to her had no problems doing it for someone else. If the manager didn't accept it, then it wouldn't have been a problem. Her whole thing was the coupon, not what I used it on.

What's the problem? The coupon explicitly states no Video Game Hardware or Accessories. Remember when TRU had this exact situation before christmas for like wave 3 or whatever. A deal that wasnt meant to be applied to video game hardware, just games, but you could put Amiibos in your cart and type in the promo code. They had to mass cancel peoples orders where they were buying 3 amiibos for the price of 2. People had multiple sets of the entire wave preordered.

The coupon doesn't state no video game accessories. Our TRU manager looked at it and confirmed. There was nothing anyone did wrong by using the coupon. It was a valid purchase.

Also, that was not TRU with wave 3 but Best Buy with wave 2. It was buy 2 get one 1 free. I don't ever remember them cancelling pre-orders, they just made it so you couldn't use Amiibos. Either way, this is not the same situation.

georly

Any word on mega man legacy collection CE showing up on best buy? I have 20 dollars best buy credit burning a hole in my pocket.

finalflame

The amount of Mega Yarn Yoshis on eBay for $80+ is disgusting. I am really glad I would never do something as downright repulsive as stand in line, amongst other true fans, just to snatch a collectible and then exploit fans who weren't able to get one themselves.

To think anyone in that line I was in this morning could've been there just for this purpose repulses me. Goddamn it.

The amount of Mega Yarn Yoshis on eBay for $80+ is disgusting. I am really glad I would never do something as downright repulsive as stand in line, amongst other true fans, just to snatch a collectible and then exploit fans who weren't able to get one themselves.

To think anyone in that line I was in this morning could've been there just for this purpose repulses me. Goddamn it.

I agree. That's why I only bought three so I could trade the two of them. For 80 bucks each.

Guess you had a crappy TRU. The one I was at didn't allow more than 1 per person.
I'm just goofing with you. I didn't get to go today. I hate the scalpers as much as you, but I think traders buying multiples are nearly as bad and drive up prices and lower stock for good people.

boltz

My TRU got 30 of the MYY, but when I got there at 8:45,I was the 33rd person. Disappointing, but I'm hopeful for a restock. Nintendo would be leaving some good money on the table by not restocking these things!

We went to the local toys r us at around 3:00 and they still had probably 12 mega yarn yoshi. We picked one up. If you're in the Ann Arbor, MI area, there is yet hope!

finalflame

I'm just goofing with you. I didn't get to go today. I hate the scalpers as much as you, but I think traders buying multiples are nearly as bad and drive up prices and lower stock for good people.

giphy.gif

I agree on traders, I think. I haven't gotten into collecting quite as extensively (all I want are all the AC cards and Amiibos + yarn Yoshis), but I feel taking one to trade just deprives someone else who could've gotten one locally from getting it.

Now to wait for Lottie.

Also, has anyone else's GameStop put a 2 packs per customer limit on AC cards packs? I think it's a bit moronic, since you have to buy a ton of these to get all 100. My local GS said they had a limit of 2 per customer. I'll just have to go to other local GS and try my luck.

The_Kid

giphy.gif

I agree on traders, I think. I haven't gotten into collecting quite as extensively (all I want are all the AC cards and Amiibos + yarn Yoshis), but I feel taking one to trade just deprives someone else who could've gotten one locally from getting it.

Now to wait for Lottie.

Also, has anyone else's GameStop put a 2 packs per customer limit on AC cards packs? I think it's a bit moronic, since you have to buy a ton of these to get all 100. My local GS said they had a limit of 2 per customer. I'll just have to go to other local GS and try my luck.

Don't really know how you can be against buying multiples of amiibo products in one instance and not another. The limitation is put on there for the very same reason.

finalflame

Don't really know how you can be against buying multiples of amiibo products in one instance and not another. The limitation is put on there for the very same reason.

Because they're not limited print figurines, they are trading card packs. Do you remember any other time when buying packs of trading cards didn't involve needing to buy multiple packs due to the element of randomness involved?

If you want to collect the cards, you are going to need to buy a ton of packs. If every outlet limits you to 2 packs per customer, you can basically never get all the cards. It's ridiculous, and I don't see how you can even make a reasonable comparison here. It's not like I can go into a store and buy 1 each of the cards I want. I need to buy the packs until I have them all.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Because they're not limited print figurines, they are trading card packs. Do you remember any other time when buying packs of trading cards didn't involve needing to buy multiple packs due to the element of randomness involved?

If you want to collect the cards, you are going to need to buy a ton of packs. If every outlet limits you to 2 packs per customer, you can basically never get all the cards. It's ridiculous, and I don't see how you can even make a reasonable comparison here. It's not like I can go into a store and buy 1 each of the cards I want. I need to buy the packs until I have them all.

It's still a shortage because people are buying a lot and Nintendo is only replenishing them nicely on Amazon (in which I think they are still available on). They are popular, and it reminds me of Pokemon cards during their height, to the point where 7-11 had to keep them behind the registers. Pretty sure they had limits back then too, but I was only ever allowed to get a couple at a time, anyways.

The_Kid

Yeah but stores have typically gotten limited amounts of packs. All the targets near me only got one box of amiibo cards and had to limit them because of it. And because there is such a shortage buying more than a couple makes it impossible for anyone else to get any.

tsundoku

The coupon doesn't state no video game accessories. Our TRU manager looked at it and confirmed. There was nothing anyone did wrong by using the coupon. It was a valid purchase.

Also, that was not TRU with wave 3 but Best Buy with wave 2. It was buy 2 get one 1 free. I don't ever remember them cancelling pre-orders, they just made it so you couldn't use Amiibos. Either way, this is not the same situation.

KCMaEs4.jpg

Moron

finalflame

Yeah but stores have typically gotten limited amounts of packs. All the targets near me only got one box of amiibo cards and had to limit them because of it. And because there is such a shortage buying more than a couple makes it impossible for anyone else to get any.

Sure, which basically makes it a lose-lose. No point trying to collect them if the terrible odds of getting all 100 cards are exacerbated by their scarcity.

Still don't think it can be compared to only allowing 1 amiibo per customer. There's no good, unselfish reason to buy more than 1 amiibo and leave others amiibo-less. There is, however, a good reason to want to buy a ton of amiibo card packs, due to the nature of collecting trading cards.

The_Kid

Sure, which basically makes it a lose-lose. No point trying to collect them if the terrible odds of getting all 100 cards are exacerbated by their scarcity.

Still don't think it can be compared to only allowing 1 amiibo per customer. There's no good, unselfish reason to buy more than 1 amiibo and leave others amiibo-less. There is, however, a good reason to want to buy a ton of amiibo card packs, due to the nature of collecting trading cards.

My only point is that if your reasoning is that buying more than one amiibo would leave someone else amiibo-less because of the scarcity, buying more than one card pack has the same impact, regardless of the so-called justified reasoning for buying more than one pack.

That being said, blaming others for buying more than one to trade instead of Nintendo for stocking them so short in the first place seems rather misplaced. The idea that others should be looked at with disgust for buying two toys instead of one blows my mind.

finalflame

My only point is that if your reasoning is that buying more than one amiibo would leave someone else amiibo-less because of the scarcity, buying more than one card pack has the same impact, regardless of the so-called justified reasoning for buying more than one pack.

That being said, blaming others for buying more than one to trade instead of Nintendo for stocking them so short in the first place seems rather misplaced. The idea that others should be looked at with disgust for buying two toys instead of one blows my mind.
Agreed, stock should be higher.

Also, I don't feel disgusted by those who buy more than one to trade. That seems a bit selfish but I get it. What disgusts me are scalpers who have no interest in the hobby buying them so they can profit on eBay off collectors who might not have been able to get one because of said scalpers.

To be clear, I don't think it's optimal to have people buying more than one to trade. But I think it's absolutely terrible that people who have no interest in the hobby get them just to turn a profit and sell them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Video Games and Video Game Hardware

I'm going to assume hardware means consoles and doesn't include accessories. If it did then I don't know why all TRUs would be cool with this.
My friend was able to use the 20% off coupon during the Villager restock, so no idea why it wouldn't work on MYY. It's not a video game, nor is it hardware (i.e. a console or handheld).

Even if it said accessories, that would mean something like a controller. Pretty sure figures like amiibo are specifically mentioned (games to life figures or something) when it says they're excluded in a deal.

Rizific

Welp looks like I might have missed MYY. For some reason I thought he came out on Tuesday. I'll check my tru tomorrow if there are any left.

fernoca

http://i.imgur.com/KCMaEs4.jpg

Moron
Name calling and can't read. :p
Coupon states videogames and videogames hardware, not "accesories" which is what the user you quoted said.

And the previous user you quoted has a problem with an employee demanding a prited coupon, when it cam be used on the phone (as he confirmed later with the exact same empoyee).

The coupon works on Mega and any other amiibo.

Not only I used it, but the employee was also informing another customer using it that it didn't worked on games and consoles. So they do know on what it works.

No manual override neither, he just scanned the coupon and it reduced $8.

It can also be used directly from your phone, so no need to print it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom