• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Falco didn't get delayed along with Starfox? I should probably pre-order him soon then just in case.

Here in New Zealand there are usually ones on the shelf but I would never risk it for my Smash collection. :p

Velcro Fly

Hope Lottie numbers are good in store on Sunday

Or she goes up for preorder this week sometime when I'm home.

It will be my first store opening amiibo thing.

Cormano

KCMaEs4.jpg

Moron

Dude, whats up with the name calling.

I'll have to call my Toys R US and see whats up with the Yoshis

Draxal

Got Mega Yoshi today (my county has blue laws so they aren't open on Sundays, and the neighboring counties sold out pretty fast), and the coupon worked.

finalflame

Well, I'd say resist until he's available at retail again.

Don't pay >retail.

Also, mine keeps tipping over. My wife said she caught him trying to peck my pink Yoshi to death

Did you use the included stand in the box? I found it impossible to keep mine upright without it, and had missed it at first.

finalflame

!!!

I didn't notice a stand in the box, I hope the box hasn't been thrown away

Yah, the instructions for it are in the box behind the Yoshi. I also totally missed it at first, and just as I was throwing the box away, noticed it. It's a piece of cardboard you detach from the top of the inside box and then fold into a little stand he can "sit" on. Hopefully you can get yours!

It drives me absolutely crazy that you can't check store inventory on TRU's website. It's 2015, like every other vendor I can think of has this feature.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
Hello everyone!

Mega Yoshi was successful. I was in a different area than usual so I wasn't sure what the scene would be like. Got there a half hour before opening and nobody was in line, walked around a little to check the opening time and when I got back to the door one person was there. I got in line behind them and 5 people immediately got out of their cars and joined us. The people around me were really freindly, a woman came out about 15 minutes before open and told us they werent even going to do tickets because they had enough.

By open there were about 18 people in line. Everyone was orderly, they limited it to one per customer, when I left they still had close to 20 left, I think they had around 40 total.

I did use the coupon off of my phone. I was a little worried, not because of the item but because it does say that copies were not permitted and the coupon had to be surrendered, but she accepted it no problem. I even overheard another worker who had the coupon code memorized so it seemed that was a common practice there.

Overall a great experience, and I was able to get my wife, an enormous yoshi fan, an early Christmas present.

Jawmuncher

Hope Lottie numbers are good in store on Sunday

Or she goes up for preorder this week sometime when I'm home.

It will be my first store opening amiibo thing.

I think Lottie will be fine. Doesn't seem like the animal crossing stuff will be as killer to get a hold of like smash.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It drives me absolutely crazy that you can't check store inventory on TRU's website. It's 2015, like every other vendor I can think of has this feature.

Most big companies like Target and Walmart have pretty bad websites and shipping services. With all the money they make, I don't get how they still can't e-commerce well :/

USPS once again trying to fuck me over, mewtwo was supposed to be delivered yesterday but no dice, their usual "attempted delivery, business was closed"... they're not delivering to a god damn business, also still didn't get it. I'll give em till the end of the day before i contact amazon.

teeg

Just wondering if anyone has a Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo they are looking to trade? I was unsuccessful in my attempt to grab myself one.
I've got a bunch of Amiibo from previous waves that I could use towards a trade. Send me a message if you are looking to trade and we can work out the details.

Boogiepop

Hooray, Nook and the three pack arrived today, so I'm back to being set for the teensy bit until my Falco ships, and then I'll have to figure out Lottie. Still, the year is finally starting to wind down...

Blues1990

Is anyone looking for the Super Mario Amiibo (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, & Bowser) and lives in Vancouver? I want to give/trade them to those who will give them a good home. Please PM me if you're interested.

Lookie401

So... TRU called in response to my complaint. Said they're sorry about the whole thing and will try to get a MYY by calling around other store because they're sold out (obviously). Yeah, good luck with that!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to Walmart's BF ad, they'll have a "minimum" of 21 Modern 8-Bit Marios per store.

........which is rather low when it's on BLACK FRIDAY of all days.

Was able to walk into a TRU yesterday after 1pm and grab one of the last 5 Mega Yarn Yoshi's they have. Not bad for greater Los Angeles area.

Went to another TRU today next to a best buy (since I forgot to pick up my Mewtwo on Friday) and they have plenty of Animal Crossing Amiibo. Makes me wish I didn't get hyped on that Groupon deal for Nook and Mable or Wal Mart for the 3 pack. I guess this is a good thing.

Hoping Lottie is as available as Doctor Mario is.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
According to Walmart's BF ad, they'll have a "minimum" of 21 Modern 8-Bit Marios per store.

I'm going to just watch this with my trigger finger ready to go. What time it will show up is the real question, since it is listed for the 27th, but doors to shop open on the night of the 26th...

Bane

Man, I wish there was a female Robin amiibo. Amazon has Reflet for $18 right now but as I played female that amiibo is just not Robin to me.

Skrams

I can't or don't want to imagine that there will be 21 different people getting modern marios. I wonder if it's a 1 per person thing even. I wonder if going Saturday at 2 AM or something would be uncrowded.

zroid

Banned
Man, I wish there was a female Robin amiibo. Amazon has Reflet for $18 right now but as I played female that amiibo is just not Robin to me.

Yeah, maybe if there's ever a Fire Emblem line of amiibo and they release a new edition of Robin, it would be the female version. Would gladly double dip.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Female Robin to be Comic-Con exclusive along with Male Wii Fit Trainer & Wireframe Little Mac

ComiCon exclusives are the worst.

"Hey kids! You know those tickets that sold out fast that you couldn't get? Well, that's where we will be selling out exclusive figures!!!"

Jawmuncher

I think it'll be ok in smaller areas. I still see Dr Mario chilling in targets.
As well as silver marios.

ComiCon exclusives are the worst.

"Hey kids! You know those tickets that sold out fast that you couldn't get? Well, that's where we will be selling out exclusive figures!!!"

But kids won't appreciate these children toys as much as I will, so forget them!

I heard this a couple of times when I was trying to track down a Rosalina as a birthday gift for a little girl. It was said to me seriously.

Jawmuncher

just isn't enough amiibo angst these days. they're too readily available!

still 4000 posts short of a new OT

I mean they're still a bit more of a pain then they should be. But at least majority are available now (albeit marked up) for $15-20. If you don't care what region they're from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom