• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

Managed to snag both modern Mario and Ike today, super awesome. Now all I'm missing is Pit and the Miipack (which I'll get whenever I get around to it). I didn't even bother going out until about 2pm.

Cody_D165

Banned
There were a ton of Ikes at my local GS. The employee bent the rules for me and allowed me to grab three of them for a couple of my friends who were trapped working in retail on this hectic black friday because we're store regulars and they had a huge amount of stock. My friends are gonna be stoked, but I can't deny I feel a little grimy for buying multiples. I think the stock problems are really starting to come to an end though.

Oh well, another one down on my way to a full Smash line.

Jawmuncher

There were a ton of Ikes at my local GS. The employee bent the rules for me and allowed me to grab three of them for a couple of my friends who were trapped working in retail on this hectic black friday because we're store regulars and they had a huge amount of stock. My friends are gonna be stoked, but I can't deny I feel a little grimy for buying multiples. I think the stock problems are really starting to come to an end though.

Oh well, another one down on my way to a full Smash line.

Yeah I think if they keep the future smash lines more seperated. less figures per wave but more stock I think things should stay ok. Along with with more restocks of course. Since the other lines don't seem to be too bad about stocks.

Persona7

Banned
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the falco I ordered.

I saw this online
9p0g4eC.jpg

If you want Ike you can check the store locator using this URL : http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=108105

Got to GameStop yesterday morning and picked up 3 more for my collection: Ike, Greninja and Lucario! Was so excited to see that they had plenty of them in stock, it was awesome!

I actually opened up all my amiibos this morning except ness and mega man. Not for value, I just want those to stay in good condition. My daughter had a lot of fun with them. I actually think they look better out of packaging now.

Wow, Game Stop was crazy stocked today.

I got the Splatoon 3 pack, which I had been waiting for months to get. Also grabbed Ike and Little Mac.

They had piles of Greninja, Lucario, Fox and Captain Falcon. It was crazy, never seen amiibo so well stocked like that. People were swarming around the stand.

Skrams

Did anyone else have trouble taking falco out of the plastic holder? I can't do it and it feels like I will break it.

Like, snapping the plastic back or just sliding him out? I've had recent trouble getting the AC amiibo out, so I've just resigned myself to pushing one side of the plastic down so I can just pull it straight up and out. Try that if you're having trouble sliding it out I guess?

Persona7

Banned
Like, snapping the plastic back or just sliding him out? I've had recent trouble getting the AC amiibo out, so I've just resigned myself to pushing one side of the plastic down so I can just pull it straight up and out. Try that if you're having trouble sliding it out I guess?

the arm is stuck in the plastic lol

I feel like I've gotten extremely lucky the past few times I've gone amiibo hunting. I managed to pick up Fox, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Samus, Zero Suit Samus and Falco within 24 hours.

Here's hoping getting Lucas will be this easy!

I always said that I'd get the Skylander amiibo if they went to $30. Well, Best Buy has the 3DS version for $29.99 and the Wii U version for $39.99. With GCU and tax, they both come to $59.90. I'm going to bite the bullet and hope I can get something for the games.

Not sure what I'm going to do about the Dark versions...

Dezner

It was really surreal when I went to GS on Friday. Seeing Capt. Falcon, Ike, Shulk, Greninja, and Lucario in the wild, they actually exist! :eek:

I ended up just buying Shulky, I wanted to give him a good home. :D I'm really feeling the hype for Xeno X so buying Shulk was to make it up to him for not finishing his game. >.>

Also! What does everyone have for their Fantasy Amiibo Wishlists? :p

Dear NintenSanta:

PLZ :(

FemRobin
Lucina Restock
Rosalina (Super Mario Series)
Standalone Isabelle :(

Also! What does everyone have for their Fantasy Amiibo Wishlists? :p

Dear NintenSanta:

PLZ :(

FemRobin
Lucina Restock
Rosalina (Super Mario Series)
Standalone Isabelle :(

Considering the text "Exclusively available with Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival at launch" on her amiibo page, and her individual CPSIA document separate from the bundle, you may get this wish soon.

I'm excited for the possibilities of Legend of Zelda amiibo:

• Alternate forms (Fierce Deity Link with helix sword, Skyward Sword Zelda, Beast Ganon)
  • Animals (Epona, Kaepora Gaebora)
  • Dodongo (King Dodongo)
  • Gerudo (Nabooru)
  • Gorons (Darunia)
  • Hylians (Rauru, Tingle)
  • Kokiri (Saria)
  • Deities (Din, Farore, Nayru, the Four Giants with Moon, Wind Fish)
  • Sheikah (Impa)
  • Twili (true form Midna)
  • Villains (Agahnim, Ghirahim, Majora's Wrath, Zant)
  • Zora (adult Princess Ruto, male sea Zora)
  • Others (Dark Link, Fi, Great Fairy)
and Star Fox amiibo:

• Team Star Fox
    • Peppy Hare
    • Slippy Toad
    • James McCloud
    • Krystal
  • Team Star Wolf
    • Wolf O'Donnell
    • Leon Powalski
    • Andrew Oikonny
    • Pigma Dengar
    • Panther Caroso
  • Supporting Characters
    • Andross
    • ROB 64
    • General Pepper
    • Bill Grey
    • Katt Monroe
  • Vehicles
    • Arwing
    • Landmaster
    • Blue Marine
    • Great Fox

KingBroly

Banned
Speculation time:

Star Fox amiibo is going to be changeable Arwing like in Super Mario Maker.

Zelda amiibo line:
- Wolf Link
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- 8-bit Link
- Tingle

3 Pikmin amiibo like in Super Mario Maker

zroid

Banned
Speculation time:

Zelda amiibo line:
- Wolf Link
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- 8-bit Link
- Tingle

Pls give Skull Kid, Fi, and Link on Epona ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

Tyeforce

So I take it there's still no word on the Shovel Knight amiibo's release date? Last I heard people were thinking it could release on December 18th since Best Buy had that date listed on its website, but I just checked and Best Buy's website now says January 8th. Of course, that date may not mean anything, but since there's only one month left in the year and we still don't have a date, I'm afraid that it really is slipping into 2016...

Zalman

Speculation time:

Zelda amiibo line:
- Wolf Link
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf
- 8-bit Link
- Tingle

I'm bummed out there probably won't be a full Star Fox line. Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy would be sweet. An Arwing is cool I guess, but characters are way better. It'll probably be the series' only chance in a looong time.

I'm bummed out there probably won't be a full Star Fox line. Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy would be sweet. An Arwing is cool I guess, but characters are way better. It'll probably be the series' only chance in a looong time.

Didn't Miyamoto or someone specifically mention making an Arwing Amiibo when they were talking about how their size wouldn't be restricted to the base size of the Smash Bros line? I mean we've already seen as much with Mega Yarn Yoshi and the upcoming Wolf Link Amiibo, but I feel like he mentioned making Arwing Amiibo by name.

Edit: Looks like it's definitely happening, just a matter of when.

Zalman

Didn't Miyamoto or someone specifically mention making an Arwing Amiibo when they were talking about how their size wouldn't be restricted to the base size of the Smash Bros line? I mean we've already seen as much with Mega Yarn Yoshi and the upcoming Wolf Link Amiibo, but I feel like he mentioned making Arwing Amiibo by name.

Edit: Looks like it's definitely happening, just a matter of when.
Yeah, it seems likely it will happen unless they just couldn't make it work. There's even a Mario Maker costume for it, although that doesn't guarantee it will happen. I would just rather have characters (especially since I'm not fond of the Smash amiibo for Fox).

What's people's experience using Big in Japan's forwarding? I got my Famicom ROB through them, he shipped on the 2nd, and he's still not here. I was told that it can be 30 or more business days, but this is scary. And dumb of me considering I paid $20 altogether for him and he's now available for $18 with prime shipping at Amazon.

Persona7

Banned
My one store got two Males and One Female, and the gamestop got two of each. So a restock did happen, just not on par with some of the bigger ones we saw.

Oh yeah, I was happy to see them restock them but it took a while. Now they are common.

I guess I am going to best buy tomorrow and will check out the amiibos they have. My blurays came damaged so I have to exchange them. I think I might have all the ones I want though.

Finally got around to picking this up got it for $15 off thanks to sales and a $5 coupon at toys r us. Now i did my part Nintendo i want my gamecube sequel and actually have it release in the states for once.

mP8sWK0l.jpg

Boogiepop

What's people's experience using Big in Japan's forwarding? I got my Famicom ROB through them, he shipped on the 2nd, and he's still not here. I was told that it can be 30 or more business days, but this is scary. And dumb of me considering I paid $20 altogether for him and he's now available for $18 with prime shipping at Amazon.

I'm in the same boat, but yeah, shipping from Japan can definitely take a while so I'm not super concerned just yet.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Grrr I'm frustrated. Been forgetting to check Amazon.co.uk for the Series 2 album, and although it is listed, NONE will ship to a US address! I wonder why Amazon isn't carrying this themselves? They did for the first one and shipped it ok. Still have copies of the first one in stock, but they don't even have this one. Did I miss it or something? :/

Persona7

Banned
Anyone going to see if the TRU glitch where it gives you $20 dollars off instead of $10 off $35 is still working tomorrow? Wish I knew about it today.

I don't know which amiibos I am going to get though. I don't want a mega yoshi or any of the available three packs. I will post my results tomorrow around 1PM PST or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom