• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nice new avatar, brah
Cool avatar, Diggeh. So festive.

Diggeh Claus is here to spread the Christmas cheer! Gotta put all they new amiibo undernearth every Christmas tree, especially Shovel Knight!

rMROlmq.jpg

Yacht Club posted about Shovel Knight !!!!

Was that a date?!! Yes! Isn’t it really soon?! But also not soon enough! Let’s talk about the date:

North America: January 8th, 2016

Europe: December 11th, 2015

Price: MSRP $12.99, £10.99, EUR 14,99

You may be wondering why the Shovel Knight amiibo is coming out so much earlier in Europe! It was an agonizing decision, as production difficulties forced us to choose between rushing to ship a tiny, insufficient number of amiibo units before Christmas, or ship a good healthy supply of stock to North America just after Christmas. We’ve received hundreds of emails bemoaning the difficulty in finding some of your favorite amiibo, racing for a pre-order window, issues with scalpers, having trouble unlocking the new features you want to play; so, we made the decision to launch the amiibo in January so there would be enough units available. Hopefully, this later date will make buying a Shovel Knight amiibo easy and fair for everyone. So just be sure to save up that Christmas money for the new year!

On that note, if you’re interested in picking up the Shovel Knight amiibo, then we’d like to implore you to wait for it to release in your territory. There will be plenty and it will not be a limited run, so please don’t feel pressured into importing or buying from scalpers. Don’t spend more than the retail price! Also, keep in mind the new Shovel Knight amiibo features will not function on your game system in your territory until the listed release date. Thank you everyone for your patience!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
January?! I don't know if I can wait to dig it until after Christmas!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Feels weird to have a full month off of scrambling around for amiibo

Although I do still need two cards for the AC series 1

I think we had at least a one month break in the summer, but then again exclusives were everywhere in NA. 3 trips to TRU last month sucked (and I went when I was getting sick to get my Mega Yoshi... when it decided to get cold and rain, too).

Still, next month will have Shovel, Lucas, AC wave 2, and AC cards series 2. At least I'll have my new binder coming in soon, ready for the cards :)

Firemind

Might as well ask here too.

I ended up getting Mewtwo (among others), but something is slightly bothering me. His right pupil's purple is slightly lighter than his left pupil. Is that normal? You can't really notice it from a distance, but still...

clem84

Gold Member
A little strange that a month before release there is still nowhere we can preorder the Shovel Knight amiibo in NA.

Damn, that's pretty cheap. Anyone know if game itself is worthwhile, even with only the two figures?

Damn came here to post that lol

The game is different from the console versions as (if I'm remembering correctly), its essentially a full mario kart clone on the Wii and 3DS. If other games are to go by, you should be able to complete and or do anything in the game with just the included figures, although there may be stuff locked behind gates that will require Skylanders or vehicles of certain elements.

G0523

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YI79BNI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Skylanders Superchargers 3DS starter set is only $23.99 right now, so if you want that Bowser hybrid skylander/amiibo this is probably the cheapest you're going to get him for

The Wii U version with Donkey Kong is $33.99. Kind of want because the DK figure just looks so damn good...

I'm not even into Skylanders. Not sure how much I could even sell the rest for, if I can of course.

EDIT: Gah! The DK and Bowser figures themselves are going for how much the entire starter kit is! Fuck it, I bought the Wii U and 3DS versions. I'll figure it out later.

Tyeforce

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YI79BNI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Skylanders Superchargers 3DS starter set is only $23.99 right now, so if you want that Bowser hybrid skylander/amiibo this is probably the cheapest you're going to get him for
I'd be very wary of purchasing the Skylanders amiibo online if you care at all about how the figure looks, because the level of error is EXTREMELY high for these. Almost all of the paint jobs are terrible, especially with Bowser, so if you care at all you may prefer to handpick the starter sets in store. That's what I did, and I'm still not satisfied with the ones I got (like I said, Bowser is just terrible...), but it's a lot better than what I COULD have got, at least, lol.

G0523

I'd be very wary of purchasing the Skylanders amiibo online if you care at all about how the figure looks, because the level of error is EXTREMELY high for these. Almost all of the paint jobs are terrible, especially with Bowser, so if you care at all you may prefer to handpick the starter sets in store. That's what I did, and I'm still not satisfied with the ones I got (like I said, Bowser is just terrible...), but it's a lot better than what I COULD have got, at least, lol.

OR you can buy it off Amazon, buy another better looking one in-store, and return the Amazon one to said store. ;)

I caved and bought the Dark Edition (Wii) at Toys 'R Us just so I could get the Dark Bowser Skylander. All of them were terrible. His left eye was screwed up on all three that they had in stock. At least I have them all now. I actually like the non-dark DK and Bowser more than I do the dark ones.

Still looking for Mega Yarn Yoshi, but I have EVERY SINGLE other amiibo now!

am_dragon

Is there any chance of getting a Mega Yarn Yoshi? Are there more coming into the stores or is it ebay only at this point. My 10 year old wants one so bad, and I would have been on top of it but I ended up in the hospital. Just watching his heart break when the guy at the local TRU said " We got one shipment and they were all sold in one hour, and I don't think we are getting more..."

I can not understand how Nintendo is still not over producing Amiibo's. What is the point of selling something that just gets bought in lots by people that resell them on ebay?

Grunkle

Banned
Is there any chance of getting a Mega Yarn Yoshi? Are there more coming into the stores or is it ebay only at this point. My 10 year old wants one so bad, and I would have been on top of it but I ended up in the hospital. Just watching his heart break when the guy at the local TRU said " We got one shipment and they were all sold in one hour, and I don't think we are getting more..."

I can not understand how Nintendo is still not over producing Amiibo's. What is the point of selling something that just gets bought in lots by people that resell them on ebay?

I walked into my local TRU yesterday and they had a couple in the case. My nephew bought one. I guess it depends on the area you live in, because they had a lot of other amiibo there too. We went to Best Buy afterward and there were even more like a ton of Marths, Little Macs, Dark Pits, etc.

Rizific

Just a heads up, but I'm at a kohl's right now and they have amiibos. It's only the super Mario series, but they have quite a few toads. The price sheet even lists an amiibo 3 pack but there aren't any on shelf so I don't know which 3 pack it is.

Velcro Fly

Might get the SMB line finally because of their functionality in M&L Paper Jam

I always meant to but now I have a real reason I guess.

Sushigod7

Picked up a Ike and Bowser Jr this weekend and saw plenty of stuff on the shelves. Except Giant Yoshi =( Pretty happy with Amiibo these days my collection is filling out.

Amiibos are over
;p

I forgot that palutana is still missing from a restock

Also flooded wii fit trainer x robin x lucina but those two might be saved for fire emblem

jmizzal

I'm having a hard time finding (in the US):

Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Dedede, Metaknight, Samus, Wario, WFT.

Are you talking about ZSS or regular Samus?

I thought Samus was easy to find

And it looks like ZSS has got some new shipments, I just saw two at Target today, before I never saw any.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon must have really sucked packing Chibi Robo.

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Yeah, package things properly -_-

InkoMint

Neo Member
Are you talking about ZSS or regular Samus?

I thought Samus was easy to find

And it looks like ZSS has got some new shipments, I just saw two at Target today, before I never saw any.

Regular Samus and Kirby are pretty much nowhere. I got mine used by calling gamestops over the US, and having them shipped to the gamestop near me. Can't get new anywhere for msrp!

G0523

So I got in the Skylanders Superchargers Starter Pack with Bowser in it. Damn does it look cheaply made! And the figure itself has dirt/paint marks on Bowser's hand and head. I didn't realize Skylanders were lower quality than amiibo. Guess I gotta go to a store and thumb through some copies till I find a good one.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

Shadoron

Amazon must have really sucked packing Chibi Robo.

Item Under Review
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Yeah, package things properly -_-

They sure did. Buddy and I both ordered a Chibi Amiibo from Amazon. His arrived in a bubble mailer, completely destroyed, including the figure itself. Mine came in a box that was too big, and had zero padding. Amiibo packaging was crushed, but the figure was OK. I like to leave my Amiibo in their packaging, so the mangled box didn't do me any favors either. Ended up giving my figure to my friend, and he has started the return process with Amazon for his. The funny part, we both live in the same town, so Amazon clearly doesn't have any kind of standardized packaging guidelines for Amiibo. Makes complete sense that they would have a ton of returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom