• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakitorii

Neo Member
Guys I have a question:

I want to get the Mega Yoshi and K.K. Slider amiibo, but at the moment I can only afford to buy one. Which one would be sold out earlier you think? :S

Shadoron

Just wanted to post that I was able to place an online order for Modern Mario. It was *VERY* slow moving, but the order did complete and I did receive a confirmation email. Seems he's back up at Walmart.com.

Skrams

Thinking about heading to Gamestop 2-3 hours early at 2-3ish AM. I don't have anything else to do and being in a line might be fun again?

Guys I have a question:

I want to get the Mega Yoshi and K.K. Slider amiibo, but at the moment I can only afford to buy one. Which one would be sold out earlier you think? :S

Well, I would tell you good luck finding a Mega Yarn Yoshi at this point. If you can find one, buy that one as the KK Slider 3 Pack will probably remain fertile for a while.

Boogiepop

Just wanted to post that I was able to place an online order for Modern Mario. It was *VERY* slow moving, but the order did complete and I did receive a confirmation email. Seems he's back up at Walmart.com.

It's chugging towards checkout. Is there a way to get free shipping on it as a standalone? I feel like I got that for past Walmart.com orders on amiibo...

Edit: Order placed. Did indeed get charged like $5 shipping which is lame, but I guess oh well.

Defect

I just placed an order for store pickup. It says it'll be there on December 3rd. Am I good to go? Never did store pickup before :p

so i went to walmart today to pick up last min things for thanksgiving and saw all the modern mariolooked like someone busted open the shrink wrap on them cause there was only about 18 of the 21 minimum stock left. Managed to pick myself up one was shocked that it rang up with no problems.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Thanksgiving AmiiboGAF! Here's a little something for you: Falco and Marth for $8.99 (less with GCU!)

Falco
Marth

Thoraxes

I checked Walmart in store for M. Mario for the hell of it and found nothing. IDK where it would've been.

Also a shitload of armed cops at every major junction of the store lol.

Feelin' fine getting ready for Gamestop in ~4 hours.

Skrams

Showed up to a gamestop 3 hours early. 2 hours left and still first in line. Mistakes were made? Whatevs, I guess. Bummer that I forgot my 3DS. I could probably drive back home and get it and still be first, but eh. All those missed streetpasses.

Maybe I was just looking in the wrong spot.

I'll have to go back and check. Any idea where you saw the stand at?
Mine had them in an aisle near the electronics, but not actually in the electronics section. I know it's not a deal but anything featured in a black Friday ad is usually placed in the middle of large aisles so they're easy to spot. There was probably at least 25 at the store I went to like at 10 PM.

Skrams

Ike acquired. 3 hours early, holding piss for an hour and a half, and people only showed up around the 1 hour to go mark. I made a good life choice. At least Ike looks cool and it's weird how his box doesn't have the 3DS on the back like I assumed most reprints or new things would these days. All I have left now is Metaknight, Dedede, Wii Fit Trainer, Pit, Regular Mega Man, Rosalina, and Ness.

Thoraxes

Mine had them in an aisle near the electronics, but not actually in the electronics section. I know it's not a deal but anything featured in a black Friday ad is usually placed in the middle of large aisles so they're easy to spot. There was probably at least 25 at the store I went to like at 10 PM.
I'll look here again before heading to Gamestop then. Thanks.

Edit: So I couldn't find the display where it was supposed to be, and I combed the whole store. By some random luck, I found one sitting on a shelf on my way out, and still in good condition too! Woooo

Neifirst

Walked into GS around 6:15 and got Ike. I think I was the first customer to buy one. They were also well stocked with all of the ones that were showing up at Best Buy recently like Falcon, Shulk, and Little Mac.

Neifirst

For anyone that went to GS early, did they have Wario, Lucina, &/or Robin?
Nope, just the ones that have been seen recently in other stores. I still think Robin and Lucina will get reissued when Fates releases in February, or when Roy is made available.

Thoraxes

For anyone that went to GS early, did they have Wario, Lucina, &/or Robin?

Nope. Just the usual suspects as the poster above me mentioned. Lucario, Greninja, Shulk, Captain Falcon. I've been seeing a bunch of Link amiibos recently too.

There was definitely ample supply of each though.

Tirod

Well I went to my GameStop right at 5 AM and in a line of about...25 people only myself and the guy right behind me were there for an Ike Amiibo! I was really surprised since I live in a pretty Amiibo savvy area, but now my Fire Emblem Amiibo collection is complete!

I also picked up a Green Yarn Yoshi, 6 Animal Crossing Ammibo Card Packs, Tom Nook, Mabel, the K.K. 3 Pack, and Disgaea 5. The manager recognized me from previous visits and pulled out a Happy Home Designer Amiibo Card Collector's Book and told me it was mine as long as I swore to take the survey for the store. I was so flabbergasted and immediately did so when I got home! I'm so happy I got one. :D

TLDR: Ike stock is pretty good, I wouldn't fret if you weren't there right at opening. GameStop was really great and organized.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Snagged an Ike, also picked up Lucario.
There was actually plenty of Ike, I thought I would have to wake up early but thankfully I easily got it.

I ordered Modern Mario yesterday, waiting for the alert to tell me it's available for pickup.

Owari

Nice, as of right now I'm all caught up with the Smash Bros and Aninal Crossing sets including alts.. I think the reason the AC Figures aren't moving is because they don't do anything different from the cards in HHD. Bummer. They're beautiful though, and Amiibo Festival is really fun!!

Ridley327

Man, if Ike of all of them is this plentiful, it bodes well for both GS's stock of Roy and the eventual Lucina/Robin reprint that will undoubtedly be timed for Fates' release.

#BringBackDeDeDe

Jawmuncher

Man, if Ike of all of them is this plentiful, it bodes well for both GS's stock of Roy and the eventual Lucina/Robin reprint that will undoubtedly be timed for Fates' release.

#BringBackDeDeDe

Yep, i'm hoping less characters, more stock for the smash waves stays standard.

#BringBackDeDeDe
I got Ike at release but it's crazy how so many people seemed to do well today. A Lucina reprint would be lovely.

Shauni

I had no issues ordering Modern 8-Bit Mario from Wal-Mart's website yesterday. Only downside is I ordered it with a lot of other stuff to qualify for free shipping (am I crazy, or didn't Wally World used to have free shipping on everything?) and the estimates for delivery are slow as shit for some reason, but what can you do. As long as I get it and all.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I had no issues ordering Modern 8-Bit Mario from Wal-Mart's website yesterday. Only downside is I ordered it with a lot of other stuff to qualify for free shipping (am I crazy, or didn't Wally World used to have free shipping on everything?) and the estimates for delivery are slow as shit for some reason, but what can you do. As long as I get it and all.

They are random with their shipping. Sometimes single Amiibos will have free shipping for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom