• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up my Modern Mario single from Walmart today...It came pretty fast!

Unfortunately, the blister is bent up in the top. I'm not sure if it hasn't been processed yet online, but it wouldn't let me do a return on it through their website, so I guess I'll just hang onto him until I see him in the store and I can swap him out.

I'm actually really surprised he was damaged, as I haven't had problems with Walmart at all. Just looks like they shoved him forcefully into the box ;-;

It's still so crazy to me to walk into a Toys 'r Us and see Marth, Fox, Villager, and such just hanging there, waiting to be bought up. Still a sight to see.

Persona7

Banned
Glitch didn't work at my toys r us near Pontiac, MI. Should have went yesterday. :(

It worked for me but I went at 8am. I had the cashier scan a 3 pack and it showed the correct discount of ten dollars off thirty five. After that I had them scan a villager and it showed 20 dollars off instead of 10. I think it triggered when you purchase over 40 dollars because someone after me got a a mega yoshi and the discount automatically took 20 off. I ended up doing two transactions because the discount would only do 20 off at a time.

is that on Amiibos only, or on anything?

"Toy's to life" I think that counts amiibo, skylanders and amiibo cards as well.

Persona7

Banned
Got my Chibi Robo from amazon....it was crushed in a bubble mailer. :c

the box is really nice and mine was smashed too

People online are saying the glitch at toys r us has definitely been fixed. You can still get $10 off $35 on amiibos and skylanders though, so that is still a good deal.

Persona7

Banned
Why I got it, love how the full cardboard backing looked. :c

yeah.....I kind of want to get a replacement but I might just order a second one and hope it gets here fine because I feel like amazon is going to shut my account down due to all the damaged packages I receive from their horrible packaging and shipping services.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
yeah.....I kind of want to get a replacement but I might just order a second one and hope it gets here fine because I feel like amazon is going to shut my account down due to all the damaged packages I receive from their horrible packaging and shipping services.

They should hire more competent people in your area than losing a customer :/ Ever since Amazon added a local warehouse, everything has been packaged awesome! ...but I still go pickup my small, thin LEs at Gamestop in store.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, now they're advertising amiibo in Nintendo Badge Arcade. I was given a talk about the Mega Yarn Yoshi & it even had a picture of it. Also told me not to get it wet or expose it to bright sunlight because it might fade the color of the wool.

.....omg & you can even joke that you shouldn't "feed it after midnight" or "say its name 3 times"

Zalman

I prefer/got retro Mario. That one just looks better to me, since it's the coloring from when he was actually pixelated like that.
Yeah, that's why I got the classic one too. I already have two other Mario amiibo with the red/blue color scheme anyway.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You guys see this on Twitter?

mKeINc3.jpg

Tirod

I'm still reeling from all my Amiibo purchases on Black Friday, please have mercy Nintendo!

Although if it's only Shovel Knight in December and wave 2 Animal Crossing in January, I suppose I can live with that.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Please come out soon, Shovel Knight! I want to dig it for Christmas! I want us all to dig it! Can you dig it?

Tyeforce

My husband and I finally got around to ordering some of those Azar step displays, and they look great! Here's our new and improved amiibo display:
The Yarn Yoshi amiibo and Animal Crossing amiibo cards are MIA because they won't fit in the shelves anymore (we need to take a trip to IKEA soon to get a second DETOLF, lol), and we still need to pick up the four Skylanders amiibo (we've got them on layaway currently), but other than those this is every amiibo that has been released in the U.S. to date (plus Famicom R.O.B.)! Still need to get some lighting for the display, though, and figure out what to do with the extra Mr. Game & Watch pieces...

Tyeforce

So is it too late to get cheap versions of the skylander amiibo bowser and donkey kongs?
I don't think you've ever been able to get the standalone Skylanders for "cheap," at least not from what I've seen. Any listings I've seen have been around $40 or so, and even more if you include the vehicles.

Big Nikus

I'm on the fence with the Donkey and Diddy amiibos. I've requested Tropical Freeze to Santa, I know it doesn't support amiibos but it doesn't matter. What's the quality of these amiibos ?
I only have the three Splatoon ones and they look great. I've also ordered a yarn Yoshi after spending hours hesitating between the green and the blue one.
Went with green.

RomanceDawn

I'm on the fence with the Donkey and Diddy amiibos. I've requested Tropical Freeze to Santa, I know it doesn't support amiibos but it doesn't matter. What's the quality of these amiibos ?
I only have the three Splatoon ones and they look great. I've also ordered a yarn Yoshi after spending hours hesitating between the green and the blue one.
Went with green.

I think they both look great. The thing about DK is that he looks like his Smash render and for me it's one of the worst DK's in my eyes. So it looks like his official art for them most part, but I never liked the official art. I don't like Diddy's render too much but I think his Amiibo looks much more like Diddy should than his Smash render.

G0523

My husband and I finally got around to ordering some of those Azar step displays, and they look great! Here's our new and improved amiibo display:

The Yarn Yoshi amiibo and Animal Crossing amiibo cards are MIA because they won't fit in the shelves anymore (we need to take a trip to IKEA soon to get a second DETOLF, lol), and we still need to pick up the four Skylanders amiibo (we've got them on layaway currently), but other than those this is every amiibo that has been released in the U.S. to date (plus Famicom R.O.B.)! Still need to get some lighting for the display, though, and figure out what to do with the extra Mr. Game & Watch pieces...

That looks so amazing! Great job on displaying everything!

As for the Mr. Game & Watch pieces, you can always print out a stand for them with a 3D printer. Of course, you'll have to have access to one first.

Tyeforce

bumpkin

I know the stock situation is pretty solid nowadays, but can't hurt to ask: Is anyone looking for Tom Nook or Lottie? I have sealed extras of both.

HardRojo

So the Little Mac amiibo I was supposed to get... I didn't get it. The store I reserved it from sold it without letting me know, and as far as I know that was the only batch that made it to Peru from the restock. Oh well, I thought I was getting him for sure, that's a shame :/ Hopefully another store will bring him over, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I don't think you've ever been able to get the standalone Skylanders for "cheap," at least not from what I've seen. Any listings I've seen have been around $40 or so, and even more if you include the vehicles.

BB had the starter packs for $35 off during BF/CM. I grabbed the 3DS one for $24 after GCU.

http://time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/?xid=homepage

“A challenge that we’re facing right now is, our earliest goal for the Amiibo was to have these connected to software and have them enhance the play experience for the consumer, and for other consumers to say ‘I see my friend using this Amiibo with that software and it looks great,’ and again increase that attractiveness of that combination. What we’re seeing instead is that the Amiibo are being picked up more as a collection item at this point, rather than, say, as an interactive item with software. And so we haven’t really established them as an enhancement for all of our software at this point.”

This explains why nintendo made amiibo to not be used from inside of the box

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Any Mega Yarn Yoshi restock news? I noticed that there isn't even a listing on the TRU site as of a few days ago.

FWIW I JUST picked one up on lunch.. It was the only one, and given TRUs sale this week I was floored that it was just sitting there.

So happy I could buy this at retail.. and 25% off no less. Put me in a good enough mood to through a couple bucks at Toys For Tots :)

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
So Wal-Mart acted a bit abnormal and chose NOT to cancel my online order for a Modern Color 8-Bit Mario.

This leaves me with an extra, so is anyone in need of one that wants to take it off my hands?

Otherwise it's taking a trip into a Toys for Tots box to likely be distributed to some kid who doesn't collect them or care for amiibos at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom