• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Is there really such a big difference between first and second print Marths? Even at launch, it was easy to spot some that were better than others. Villager is a clear improvement though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is there really such a big difference between first and second print Marths? Even at launch, it was easy to spot some that were better than others. Villager is a clear improvement though.

I think there is only a slight variation, which is why I didn't bother with it but went with Villager.

EDIT: Waiting for Mario to go up on Walmart. Waiting... waiting...

FSLink

Banned
yup

reprint villager has a big ass forehead , peyton manning amiibo

QN7W0yU.jpg

The 2nd reprint/TRU one fixed the forehead problem.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, after seeing the ad for Modern Mario, I am tempted. :3 I might try for it in-store just for fun!

You want to go to the zoo?? Last time I went to Walmart on Black Friday, there were several lines at electronics' checkout, and apparently I ended up in the fake line that some people made to wedge in. Associates told us to go into the REAL lines (which was when I found out) and then more waiting happened... Oh, and one of their two cash registers decided to break in the middle of it >_> Yeah no fun :x

So yeah up to you :x I know I'd rather sit in a nice, warm home.

Dezner

You want to go to the zoo?? Last time I went to Walmart on Black Friday, there were several lines at electronics' checkout, and apparently I ended up in the fake line that some people made to wedge in. Associates told us to go into the REAL lines (which was when I found out) and then more waiting happened... Oh, and one of their two cash registers decided to break in the middle of it >_> Yeah no fun :x

So yeah up to you :x I know I'd rather sit in a nice, warm home.

xD Hehe, well I don't really do a lot of shopping during The Blackness, and it's kinda fun to watch the madness. My town is only about 14K so we'll see what happens if I decide. :eek:

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
xD Hehe, well I don't really do a lot of shopping during The Blackness, and it's kinda fun to watch the madness. My town is only about 14K so we'll see what happens if I decide. :eek:

Yeah I used to go out for a couple years to see the madness myself, since Canada doesn't exactly have such insanity during Boxing Day sales. I stopped going last year when online deals started popping up even before the actual sales started, so I've been good with that :)

I work tomorrow too, my first time working when Black Friday (Thursday) starts, so I'll get to see the mob rush in and start grabbing stuff >_>

Dezner

I work tomorrow too, my first time working when Black Friday (Thursday) starts, so I'll get to see the mob rush in and start grabbing stuff >_>

I've only had this honor once a few years back when I worked at a Wally-world in a town of 150,000+, and that was as big a mob as I'll ever see in person! :eek:

finalflame

Server is denying HTTP requests left and right. Gonna be real surprised if anyone managed to make it fully through checkout like this.

Tirod

Debating how long to stay up refreshing versus going to Walmart in the morning to try my luck with in store stock.

I've got 3 different tabs refreshing at the moment lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
omg I finally got it... Somehow the laptop got it before the PC. They offer local pickup as well so I went with that to avoid the $5 shipping. Be ready Dec 1. Done.

Good luck everyone!

finalflame

omg I finally got it... Somehow the laptop got it before the PC. They offer local pickup as well so I went with that to avoid the $5 shipping. Be ready Dec 1. Done.

Good luck everyone!

I'm in the same boat, just waiting for the final payment page to load and stop error-ing out. Ahhhh.

I don't trust my store lol

Gonna get it shipped.

In my area at least when you have it shipped to the store it is just placed in a lockbox at the front and never even dealt with by the employees. Inside it's shipping box and all, so it's not like it is pulled off the shelves and put there. They just email you/message you the code to open the door and you don't even have to deal with anyone.

Tirod

Man I had to create a new account just to get this damn thing, I guess Walmart doesn't have guest checkout.

So glad I managed to get one (despite the loading taking forever). Now I just need my hands on Ike for a truly successful Thanksgiving/Black Friday. >_<

Skrams

Tried to lazily order it from mobile after waking up at 3 am, but no dice. Wish I knew about the mobile app, but whatever. Finally ordered on Walmarts site through a regular browser. Should be available for pickup on Dec 7.

Thoraxes

In my area at least when you have it shipped to the store it is just placed in a lockbox at the front and never even dealt with by the employees. Inside it's shipping box and all, so it's not like it is pulled off the shelves and put there. They just email you/message you the code to open the door and you don't even have to deal with anyone.

Ah, I had no idea. Too late now though!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got mine finally. Putting up an amiibo during Black Friday sure was a swell idea!

Thoraxes

So I'm guessing those Ike amiibos at gamestop are in store only. I can't seem to find it at gamestop's website

I talked to the guy at my local store while doing their B2G1F on preowned stuff (Got DQ IV, V, and IX).

He said it's not only Ike they have (which he said there would be a substantial amount but refused to tell me any numbers), but they will have the reprints of a lot of the others too, like Lucario, Shulk, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Fox, etc.

I'll be heading in there to pick up an Ike though. Really wanna open one up lol

Ridley327

I talked to the guy at my local store while doing their B2G1F on preowned stuff (Got DQ IV, V, and IX).

He said it's not only Ike they have (which he said there would be a substantial amount but refused to tell me any numbers), but they will have the reprints of a lot of the others too, like Lucario, Shulk, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Fox, etc.

Oh, so this is essentially their own big Best Buy reprint, but with the benefit of having a pretty big exclusive.

Dude Guy

Aw fuck yes. Now all I need a is Robin, and my body is ready for FE: Fates

Boogiepop

Welp, guess I missed 8-bit Modern Mario. Any idea when he went down so I can know how disappointed to feel? (Fortunately I at least decided that I'm not too worried about variants, and have them at a "if I can get them for retail without significant effort, I'll do it" level, which is why Gold Mario is the other Amiibo I'm "missing", discounting the Skylanders). Oh well, maybe eventually they'll have proper stock of it online or something.

Velcro Fly

Should totally get the Fire Emblem characters NiB

Marth would be easy enough since my local Best Buy had a shitload. Already have Lucina. Would duke it out with people at GameStop for Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom