• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-order Lucas for pickup at Best Buy, just for a hold. I'll probably end up just going to Gamestop in the morning and grab them all. After seeing Wave 1 of AC Amiibo, I'm not worried about them at all.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Was this posted already? Dark Skylanders no longer exclusive:
SkylandersDay_1780.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Somebody's slow on updating OPs in the new year already.

Draxal pls

Technically I have an hour left of 2015 to remove Lottie's exclusivity and update the Amiibolanders!

even during the holidays I can't catch a break :p

EDIT: Hah, I did it before 2015 ended! Can you dig it Draxal?

Happy New Year to everybody! Here's hoping 2016 will have some awesome new amiibo!

Illucio

Banned
Are those printed backgrounds behind the figures? I threw away all my packages, but it seems like you wouldn't be able to remove them from the packages cleanly

I think the person did what other people have done and just printed out new cards.

I don't think it's even possible to cleanly cut off the cardboard like that.

holy fuck!!!!

statements_626346.gif

is it yours?

Are those printed backgrounds behind the figures? I threw away all my packages, but it seems like you wouldn't be able to remove them from the packages cleanly

I think the person did what other people have done and just printed out new cards.

I wish this was mine. I saw someone post this on Twitter and it was their friend's. The background looks semi translucent almost like the light is making it so I don't think it's the cardboard cutout. I want to know how to do this!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

You can leave only the plastic that directly touches the cardboard if you use an X-acto knife to cut away the rest of the plastic. PudgyBunny has done this with a couple of the card backs that she wanted to keep.

Blues1990

I know people hate Amiibo Festival, but it's been the perfect game for my friends and I when we just want to chill and not be competitive. I'm looking forward to picking up the upcoming wave, as Blather's has always been my favourite Special Villager in the Animal Crossing games.

I don't have a clue what his outfits are going to be, however. That goes double with the other villagers in the next wave. (Mr. Resetti in particular, as I can't see him wearing casual clothing.)

Velcro Fly

I wish I had friends that liked Nintendo stuff so I could play amiibo festival. We could probably turn it into a drinking game.

Also wishing Best Buy would do a sale on amiibo so I can pick up the rest of the SMB line for cheap. TRU has had like 3 sales in the past couple months but Best Buy not budging. I want to double dip on a sale and GCU so much!

You can leave only the plastic that directly touches the cardboard if you use an X-acto knife to cut away the rest of the plastic. PudgyBunny has done this with a couple of the card backs that she wanted to keep.
Yep, I recently learned how to do this for my most precious Lottie, however the plastic remnants are still highly visible, so I suggest it only as a makeshift/placeholder effort if you don't have access to reasonably priced high-quality printing.

In other news, I got my Series 1 & Series 2 amiibo (card) Collector's Albums from amazon.fr about a week earlier than the estimated delivery date! They are pretty great, although I dislike the construction on the covers, chipboard always feels cheap to me. The Series 1 binder was missing the first page, so I just wriggled a normal 9-card pocket page into place, it is close to the right size even though it doesn't perfectly match up. Would have been screwed and had to disassemble the whole thing if it had been any other page. My Series 1 full collection of NA cards looks great in there, though!

Ended up with a European Isabelle from the Series 1 included card pack, much to my surprise/delight. The Series 2 pack had Jack as the SP card, yay!

Got Blathers, Celeste, and Resetti. Lucas and Kicks aren't currently available to any stores near me. I keep missing Shovel Knight and I STILL DON'T HAVE MEGA YARN YOSHI!

I did take an updated photo last week!

E2DDC4CF-81FE-4FAD-A49C-53C285F92CFA.jpg

I keep missing those Shovel Knight preorders. I'm going to hold Yacht Club to their promise that this will be easy to find.

From the Shovel Knight subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/ShovelKnig...orders_repeatedly_selling_out_quickly/cyhpz8m)

Hopefully I can clarify things a little! The Best Buy/Amazon preorders were not taken down due to stock issues, but because they should not have been listed for preorder in the first place!
Stock should (hopefully!) be plentiful at release, and refresh shipments will continue arriving frequently.

finalflame

Just pre-ordered the AC amiibos at BestBuy.com. Not that I foresee them being rare. Oddly, Kicks was not available for store pickup at the store close to my house so I had to set him for pick up at a store ~20 minutes away.

Do we have any news on the Target exclusive AC ones?

Ecto311

Bought a pack of the amiibo cards today. I don't even own Happy Home Designer...
giphy.gif

(I also bought the Splatoon 3-pack. My life is over.)

My Walmart as I have posted in here a few times just got a series one restock. All packs are $2.50 and been like that since they first got them. Probably 60 more packs on the rack. We got mostly doubles now when we buy them. Might have to get on that trade thread since we have over 50 double cards to get rid of.

Man I am so bummed out, I went to gamestop and looked through the used amiibos and they had the silver Mario one used and I asked to get it and the employee said that was his and he forgot to put it away for him. Are they allowed to do that?

I finally got the shulk amiibo though! :D

ngower

Man I am so bummed out, I went to gamestop and looked through the used amiibos and they had the silver Mario one used and I asked to get it and the employee said that was his and he forgot to put it away for him. Are they allowed to do that?

I finally got the shulk amiibo though! :D

Nope. I'd send a complaint to corporate.

My reprint Link came in from Amazon today. The only difference is that they added a black line on his lips but I'm insane and buy reprint variants. I can't do a comparison picture but it shouldn't be too hard to imagine what it looks like without the line.

I went to TRU a few days ago to get one there but to my surprise, they didn't have any! It still feels weird to see a wall of Villagers whenever I go to TRU though, I'll probably never get used to it.

Hero

My reprint Link came in from Amazon today. The only difference is that they added a black line on his lips but I'm insane and buy reprint variants. I can't do a comparison picture but it shouldn't be too hard to imagine what it looks like without the line.

I went to TRU a few days ago to get one there but to my surprise, they didn't have any! It still feels weird to see a wall of Villagers whenever I go to TRU though, I'll probably never get used to it.

They still haven't fixed his head not looking forward?

zroid

Banned
God dammit the new packaging is so annoying

can't just cut open the bottom anymore to remove the foil... because there is no foil :( have to actually cut all the way through the plastic to the figure itself and take that paper out.

Jawmuncher

God dammit the new packaging is so annoying

can't just cut open the bottom anymore to remove the foil... because there is no foil :( have to actually cut all the way through the plastic to the figure itself and take that paper out.

I don't understand why they insist on this. Most amiibo functionality on 3DS requires you to keep the figure it seems. It's a needless double security that is just making collectors but more than one, which just affects stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom