• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original goal was to get all of the amiibo, which I vastly underestimated its difficulty (money wise mostly). I decided to not get the Mario Maker, Skymiibo and Animal Crossing amiibo a few months back but for whatever reason, I bought them all anyway. I even went nuts and bought reprint variants and 4 G&W amiibo so I could have a base for each pose. As a result, I now have every single figure-based amiibo.

I don't like thinking about how much its costed me though...

Anyone else out there still trying/have got them all as well?

I have. Just not AC or the Super Mario Series (other than Gold and Silver Mario) and definitely not the Skylanders yuck.

So just Smash (will get all the DLC ones too), Splatoon and Yarn Yoshi currently.

Boogiepop

Bah, I already can't get them all at my store of choice. Here's hoping the shipping for them goes up soon and I don't miss it. Still disappointed that I missed Shovel Knight, but I'm hopeful that I'll still get another chance on that...

atomsk

Party Pooper
Getting in a Lucas preorder like it was no big deal might be the craziest thing that's happened to me since this all started.

Now I'm good until they announce a Waluigi

AdanVC

Yeah it's especially apparent on the non-smash line
Yes, especially the Super Mario line. But I guess the hype will return once Ryu, Bayonetta and Cloud amiibo launches.

thats was really dumb on your part guy.

I know. I was actually filled with tons of regret the second I was holding Ness on my hands... Like I can't believe I spend almost $60 for this piece of plastic... It was also the last time I bought an amiibo. I would probably jump back again when Ryu, Bayonetta and Cloud amiibo launches.

Isotope

Coincidentatly, the day Lucas goes up for preorder, mine arrived from Japan!

dnZHSEm.jpg

And because I don't have an EarthBound cartridge (nor did I want to start up my Wii U), I took a picture of Ness and Lucas.

Neoxon

Hopefully they'll announce a Robin & Lucina restock in time for Fire Emblem: Fates. Those two, Ganondorf, Ryu, Corrin, Cloud, & Bayonetta are all I need.

joelseph

Sweet. I don't think it looks that great. Does make me want to buy some of the more cool looking figures though. Will check out the thread and see if anything catches my eye.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/20...s-amiibo-will-released-standalone-dual-packs/

Seems the Skylanders amiibo will be release separately.

Sorry if old.

Finally! First I heard of this, so news to me. I assume TRU will have their exclusive dark versions, too. They will also be the only Skylanders I own :p (Also glad I held off of the starter packs... although when they went down to like $34 on sale, I GUESS I could've sold the other stuff... ah well!)

Since they are also Amiibos, do they do anything special, or are they just another DK and Bowser to use in games?

Draxal

Finally! First I heard of this, so news to me. I assume TRU will have their exclusive dark versions, too. They will also be the only Skylanders I own :p (Also glad I held off of the starter packs... although when they went down to like $34 on sale, I GUESS I could've sold the other stuff... ah well!)

Since they are also Amiibos, do they do anything special, or are they just another DK and Bowser to use in games?

I wouldn't assume anything about the Dark Skylanders.

Velcro Fly

Shovel Knight up at Amazon!

Put in an order since I missed out at Best Buy.

Was going to play the game again on 3DS but I'm going to wait until that little dude arrives.

Velcro Fly

Yeah I'm betting it goes up again soon at Best Buy

I can get it to add to cart but not to checkout

Will keep my eyes peeled

edit: got it off Best Buy! Took about 20 attempts but I got it!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That's cool. About time. I already bought the Starter Packs when they were on sale for $25 and $35 and sold them for about $20 without the Bowser and DK Skymiibo so I think I'm okay on these. $25 is pretty steep to be honest.

Wow you did get a deal on those! Now I do regret not doing that.

Boogiepop

SK is store Pick-up only for me on Best Buy (same for the next wave of amiibos, STILL). Also, going to feel slightly silly activating that one month trial on prime for Amazon if/when I manage to get Shovel Knight on Best Buy instead...

Edit: And now Shovel Knight is straight up busted on Best Buy? You can click add to cart and then it just won't be there.

Gameboy415

Good ol' Best Buy!
Locked down Lucas and all but 1 of the AC Wave 2 figures (no stores in my area have Kicks for local pickup) and managed to sneak in a Shovel Knight order just now!! :D

Armaly

Can anyone vouch for b&h photo's shipping of amiibos? Might cancel my in store pick up of Lucas at Best Buy and get it shipped to me from them.

I'm waiting for Lucas to be available with shipping as well. When Falco went up on Best Buy he was in-store pickup only at first and then later he was available to ship. I'd much rather do that than go out of my way on a Friday to Best Buy.

Tomita

Ugh I can't pre order Lucas because the Best Buy near my house isn't an option for in-store pick up? I put in the exact zip code for the store and it doesn't show up.

I know I'm a day late but come on, I wasn't even expecting a random preorder before January ):

zigg

Can anyone vouch for b&h photo's shipping of amiibos? Might cancel my in store pick up of Lucas at Best Buy and get it shipped to me from them.
They were fine for my pink and blue Yoshis, but I only bought from them because at the time they were the only preorder option. They're not on my normal go-to list.

Velcro Fly

Ugh I can't pre order Lucas because the Best Buy near my house isn't an option for in-store pick up? I put in the exact zip code for the store and it doesn't show up.

I know I'm a day late but come on, I wasn't even expecting a random preorder before January ):

they should be going up for shipping eventually. might take another day or two or something but they will.

also the cards too. going to preorder FFE and M&L Paper Jam and a pack of cards in each order to get them shipped free but damn it won't work unless they go up for shipping =/

come on best buy let me give you money!

Tomita

they should be going up for shipping eventually. might take another day or two or something but they will.

also the cards too. going to preorder FFE and M&L Paper Jam and a pack of cards in each order to get them shipped free but damn it won't work unless they go up for shipping =/

come on best buy let me give you money!

Really? Thought they had shipping already and all that was left was the in-store pickup option. I really hope so then. And good luck with the cards -- hate waiting on shit just so you can get the shipping you want, lol.

Has anyone who ordered Lucas from amiami.com gotten their package yet? It's been a little over two weeks, whereas it usually takes like 6 days. I didn't get tracking either, so I'm a little worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom