• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a Shovel Knight amiibo is going to be impossible. Even when I think I'm catching the news and acting fast online, I've been unable to secure one.

sigh...

Are they hard to find? There was a handful at a Best Buy I went to last week here in Chicago.

Which ones are rare nowadays?

I actually just checked this thread because I saw a bunch at Best Buy and assumed the Amiibo craze was over.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My first Amiibo. Guess I'm part of the club now!

Welcome! Now you c--

...Wait. WAIT.

kkRrvn6.png

GzXqeYy.gif

Are you me? Are you future me? Can you dig it? But I'M the one who digs it! But...I...I'M SO CONFUSED

Awesome! Thanks for the Shovel Knight link. I finally got one! Just got a $20 gift card to Amazon too, so didn't have to pay anything for it.

Still looking for Mega Yarn Yoshi...

G0523

Got my confirmation from Best Buy that my Shovel Knight amiibo shipped! Looking forward to seeing it on my doorstep on Friday. :D

Garlador

Well, Shovel Knight's unavailable on Amazon...

... Blast it. I had a good Amazon Gift Card ready to go and everything.

This feels like the first real Amiibo shortage we've had in quite some time.

JavyOO7

Lucas up for preorder on Amazon according to amiibo news.edit - also series 2 ac amiibo

Edit 2 -http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=B017W1780O|B017W17G4M|B017W17G1U|B017W177FK|B017W175WA&rh=i:aps,k:B017W1780O|B017W17G4M|B017W17G1U|B017W177FK|B017W175WA&linkCode=sl2&tag=myamiibonewsc-20&linkId=884836bd5bdb5576d8a5c5474cc8b085

Tirod

Bless you amiiboGAF and Amazon, I'm so glad I checked this thread while on my conference period.

I'm gonna be out of state when Lucas and the AC Wave 2 hits, I was worried I'd be tempted to hunt while in Florida.

Zero worries now.

TheGrue

I've been pretty lazy about Amiibos from the end of November on. Hoping it doesn't bite me in the butt on Shovel Knight. It's actually the figure I'd give the most for. Was out ona run when the Lucas news came in and I figured I'd go ahead and grab it, but I didn't grab Shovel Knight off of Amazon when I had the chance thinking I'd just go get it from Target in the morning. We'll see what happens. If nothing, I can just get an imported one and pay more, I suppose.

Boogiepop

Grabbed them all for now on Amazon (still hoping BB will put up a shipping option so I can switch over, though).

Wave 2 of the card packs are up for preorder on Amazon too, btw.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wave 2 of the card packs are up for preorder on Amazon too, btw.

Thanks for the tip! I have my import binder ready to go :)

As for the Amiibo, I have Lucas as in store pickup for BBuy (temp), but would rather go to my local GS and just get him and the others in the morning.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I like Dug more than you already.

HALOID PLS

After Ryu, Roy, Cloud, Corrin and Bayo I'm retiring from the Amiibo game.

It's been a helluva ride

YSkNTAx.gif

You aren't going anywhere!

I've been pretty lazy about Amiibos from the end of November on. Hoping it doesn't bite me in the butt on Shovel Knight. It's actually the figure I'd give the most for. Was out ona run when the Lucas news came in and I figured I'd go ahead and grab it, but I didn't grab Shovel Knight off of Amazon when I had the chance thinking I'd just go get it from Target in the morning. We'll see what happens. If nothing, I can just get an imported one and pay more, I suppose.

You'd better dig it Grue!

Velcro Fly

Man is Best Buy seriously not going to put these up for shipping

Fuck going out there in the middle of winter. Not worth dying for.

I thought Amazon would give us a heads-up like they've done recently but I missed out on Lucas. :(

Man is Best Buy seriously not going to put these up for shipping

Fuck going out there in the middle of winter. Not worth dying for.

After seeing Amazon was sold out I was going to bite the bullet and pre-order one from Best Buy for pick-up since it doesn't look like they'll go up for shipping anytime soon... then after adding it to my cart and selecting a store it said the closest store with a pre-order left was over 75 miles away. Nope! I may just get one from a 3rd party seller on Amazon if there's Prime shipping.

Dug

Banned
I thought Amazon would give us a heads-up like they've done recently but I missed out on Lucas. :(

After seeing Amazon was sold out I was going to bite the bullet and pre-order one from Best Buy for pick-up since it doesn't look like they'll go up for shipping anytime soon... then after adding it to my cart and selecting a store it said the closest store with a pre-order left was over 75 miles away. Nope! I may just get one from a 3rd party seller on Amazon if there's Prime shipping.
Lucas is back up on Amazon.

Velcro Fly

I'd almost rather not get one than get it from Amazon. After hearing the Chibi Robo horror stories I am not willing to risk having it arrive in that condition

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Shovel Knight's out tomorrow. I guess I'll swing by my Meijer before work at midnight & see if they set him out.

Probably will do the same thing for Lucas since they came through for Ganondorf, ZSS, Olimar, & 8-bit Mario at launch.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I expect dozens of pages of Shovel Knight pick ups and pics
so we can get to OT8 guys pls it's been over half a year

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Would be cool if there was some restocks to go with Shovel Knight, considering I was just thinking about how Wario never really got one, but not gonna get my hopes up.

RomanceDawn

Can I walk into a Best Buy and get Lucas now? Or is everyone talking online preorders and stuff?

One of you seem to have one already so I'm a little confused.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Can I walk into a Best Buy and get Lucas now? Or is everyone talking online preorders and stuff?

One of you seem to have one already so I'm a little confused.

Import. Lucas is the 22nd. Please check the first post.

G0523

The Animal Crossing Wave 2 amiibo are up for pre-order on Amazon in addition to the Lucas amiibo. Oh, and the Chibi-Robo amiibo is on sale on Amazon for $9.99.

But seeing how the AC amiibo are in good supply (and the Tom Nook amiibo is well below $10 now on Walmart) I can't help but wonder if it's better to wait for Wave 2 to go on sale instead of pre-ordering them. Thoughts?

Blues1990

The Animal Crossing Wave 2 amiibo are up for pre-order on Amazon in addition to the Lucas amiibo. Oh, and the Chibi-Robo amiibo is on sale on Amazon for $9.99.

But seeing how the AC amiibo are in good supply (and the Tom Nook amiibo is well below $10 now on Walmart) I can't help but wonder if it's better to wait for Wave 2 to go on sale instead of pre-ordering them. Thoughts?

It's a possibility, as I didn't have any issues with finding the 1st wave a couple of days after they had launched. I say hold it out for a bit and look for some swell deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom