• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I posted the amiibo I got for Christmas and I really should have noticed this then but for some reason, it only caught my eye today. I noticed the Rosalina I got has the new design on the back of the package, with the New 3DS capability shown. Rosalina came out before they did that, no? Curious.

Shadoron

I know I posted the amiibo I got for Christmas and I really should have noticed this then but for some reason, it only caught my eye today. I noticed the Rosalina I got has the new design on the back of the package, with the New 3DS capability shown. Rosalina came out before they did that, no? Curious.

It could be a re-print. I'm not home to check my rosalina box, but I'll look and let you know. I have a first run version. You can look at the date code on the back also. It will tell you what week and year it was made. It's the imprinted "stamp" on the back. It will be something like "464W2." The "46" is the week (1-52), and the "4" is the year (2014). So, 125S2 would be the 12th week of 2015, etc. If your date code is a couple months passed the point when Rosalina came out, it's probably a re-print.

Pretty behind on the news, but it's pretty great to see Ryu being released on March 18, 2016; 5 days after my birthday!

CXIhn9_VAAAdevc.jpg:large

Me patiently awaits for that mini manliness!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure if the Wii U version will be the same, but the 3DS version of Mario & Sonic 2016 Olympic Games amiibo support has been detailed:

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games’ amiibo support is tied to Miis. People will be able to use the Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary amiibo, Mario, Sonic, Gold Mario, or Dr. Mario with the game. Their outfits temporarily are available, complete with improved stats, for 24 hours after they’re tapped. The Miis can use these and 270 other costumes in Champions Road to compete and train their avatar.

Isotope

Is possible, you guess? Lol, rats. I'll keep my eyes peeled for news I suppose.

I only say "guess" because I don't know if CPSIA listings result in the usually bundle amiibo becoming standalone releases. I would assume yes, but I'm not sure. I don't follow these listings, so I can't confirm it with 100% certainty.

Jawmuncher

So is uhhh Lottie already no longer exclusive? Saw a brand new one sitting in Gamestop just now.

Yeah she seems to have had the shortest exclusivity period ever. Wouldn't be surprised if target sold back their stock to Nintendo or something. I don't think we'll see any more AC exclusives.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah she seems to have had the shortest exclusivity period ever. Wouldn't be surprised if target sold back their stock to Nintendo or something. I don't think we'll see any more AC exclusives.

Well there is the Nooklings. Prob won't be very long, either.

ngower

The first set I've completed (or cared to). I've probably spent more time shopping for these amiibo than I have playing amiibo festival...

uNeanoz.png

NEO0MJ

I really wish they'd release a classic Wario amiibo, preferably with a Smash base. He's the only major character I play as who I don't have an amiibo for.

FSLink

Banned
I really wish they'd release a classic Wario amiibo, preferably with a Smash base. He's the only major character I play as who I don't have an amiibo for.
Add the other alt costumes too.

Female Robin, Female Corrin, Pink hood Mac (Wireframe might not be feasible lol), Male WFT, etc.

NEO0MJ

Female Robin, Female Corrin, Pink hood Mac (Wireframe might not be feasible lol), Male WFT, etc.

Those are important too I guess, but I was talking about me :p

Though seriously, they should get on it. Kinda surprised they went with male Corrin not just because we already have male Robin but because female Corrin us much more popular and so would probably sell better.

New arrivals! Was shopping for a gift for my nephew and couldn't resist. They seem to all be reduced in GAME, some more than others.

Coupled with the Falco i got at Christmas, and the King Dedede + Ike currently in the post, my Amiibo collection is ballooning fast. Still got £40 worth of Amazon credit too...

Neoxon

To be fair, we only got Famicom ROB because he's Japan's default. Though I wouldn't be opposed to more alts.

My original goal was to get all of the amiibo, which I vastly underestimated its difficulty (money wise mostly). I decided to not get the Mario Maker, Skymiibo and Animal Crossing amiibo a few months back but for whatever reason, I bought them all anyway. I even went nuts and bought reprint variants and 4 G&W amiibo so I could have a base for each pose. As a result, I now have every single figure-based amiibo.

I don't like thinking about how much its costed me though...

Anyone else out there still trying/have got them all as well?

Velcro Fly

Man I go back to work next week Wednesday and I just hope I can get a preorder on Shovel Knight before then. Going to play through the game again on my 3DS this week and want that amiibo for it's looks and function :(

Zalman

Honestly it's really exciting to think about future amiibo, because both Smash and Animal Crossing are winding down and we barely know anything about Nintendo's Q3-4 2016 game lineup.

ngower

It's really not THAT bad, in comparison to the massive wave releases.

I only buy the characters I want from the Smash series, which so far have proven some of the harder to find (Villager, ZSS, Rosalina...I HAD TWO AT ONE POINT DAMNIT!...Pit, etc) so I'm well aware of how tricky they can get to complete a set. So help me God if one of these amiibo are retail-exclusive and impossible to find. I'll trample a small child if need be.

Thoraxes

Not to mention the supposed kiosk leaks:
Strap yourself in for a long ride!
all the things
:D
Well shit, I went from expecting to pay ~$30 to ~$80.

Yep! And no, I didn't mean the cards. The randomness of that is bad enough that even I won't go after trying to collect all of them... yet.

Though i'm not sure when it will happen, I feel like this won't be the last we've seen of the Animal Crossing amiibo line, especially when you consider that there will eventually be a new game down the line.

ngower

:D

Yep! And no, I didn't mean the cards. The randomness of that is bad enough that even I won't go after trying to collect all of them... yet.

Though i'm not sure when it will happen, I feel like this won't be the last we've seen of the Animal Crossing amiibo line, especially when you consider that there will eventually be a new game down the line.

I *hope* there's some more support for amiibo festival coming down the road, like a few game modes or more mini-games. If they doubled the amount of games offered, it'd be fantastic. Alternatively, make the amiibo festival figures work with Happy Home Designer. But I suspect we get a handful more AC amiibo and that's it. I doubt amiibo festival is selling enough to justify the costs.

ngower

I believe they do, they act as the SP cards.

I don't have the game, so I honestly have no idea. I just assumed if there was any functionality it would be limited. But apparently not? Maybe I just heard something about the Villager amiibo and assumed it was for all the figures?

It could be a re-print. I'm not home to check my rosalina box, but I'll look and let you know. I have a first run version. You can look at the date code on the back also. It will tell you what week and year it was made. It's the imprinted "stamp" on the back. It will be something like "464W2." The "46" is the week (1-52), and the "4" is the year (2014). So, 125S2 would be the 12th week of 2015, etc. If your date code is a couple months passed the point when Rosalina came out, it's probably a re-print.
Just checked the box. It say 225S1. Guess that solves that.

Some of the earlier amiibos got the New 3DS part on the back when they were reprinted.
Oh I know that. I was just unaware that Rosalina got a reprint. Or I forgot.

Someone on Reddit just told me that Link has a reprint variant now (line on mouth, better eyes)

I'm probably going to go pick one up tomorrow because I'm a nut but are there any other amiibo with differences between reprints (besides Marth and Villager)?

G0523

d7QvXJL.png

Not to mention the supposed kiosk leaks:

JVBGfeX.png

all the things

I kinda hate that there will eventually be more Animal Crossing amiibo than Super Mario amiibo. You would think it'd be the other way around. I guess Nintendo was really banking on the amiibo Festival game to sell.

Zalman

I kinda hate that there will eventually be more Animal Crossing amiibo than Super Mario amiibo. You would think it'd be the other way around. I guess Nintendo was really banking on the amiibo Festival game to sell.
I'm still holding out hope for Mario wave 2. I need that Wario/Rosalina/DK.

Someone, please... Send help! I bought Tom Nook and Mabel after swearing I wouldn't buy any Animal Crossing amiibo (except Totakeke). This Amazon price war with Walmart was too good an opportunity PM at Best Buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom