• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Preordered in store. Quite a few people there, but I guess it was because it was 3 PM and no one could go there yesterday since snow. It didn't seem like anyone was there for Roy in particular.

I was kind of a dick and asked if Roy was up 5 minutes prior to 3 pm. Got shut down with a kind of awkward conversation since she told me 2 PM CST. I said I guess in 5 minutes then and she said she doesn't think so. Welp. Waited 5 minutes and at least she was nice enough to help me out again. I would of expected to be turned away by a worse employee since gamestop horror stories.

Also thought I might try and see if FE:Fates SE would somehow be available, but nah.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Went in store and I was the only one there. Paid off my boy and walked out! Easy easy easy. How times have changed!

MOqAti7.jpg

big cool story

Welcome aboard! I'm not going anywhere! I'll be updating Best OT for the rest of eternity.

send help

Eh, can't justify the shipping payment! I'll check in store later today or even tomorrow when I pick up the 1/22 amiibo at Best Buy. If they're out, then I'll go online. If that is gone, then I guess I will wait or import.

There was a line of at least 35 people at my store and the system was down, probably took at least an hour to get my preorder in :-/

Jk, I was the only one in the store and was in and out within 2 minutes. I kinda miss the chaos though.

Velcro Fly

Just got one!

Mobile website was not blocked at work but I couldn't log in.

Big sigh of relief.

The four horsepeople of the amiibopocalypse about to be joined by our boy Roy!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now watch as we get a Marth/Roy/Ike 3-pack, then Corrin will be exclusive to a 3-pack with Robin & Lucina.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still actually shocked we haven't had more 3-packs or repackagings of other amiibo. You'd think something like all 3 Kirby or Kid Icarus characters being bundled together would've happened already.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
There was a line of at least 35 people at my store and the system was down, probably took at least an hour to get my preorder in :-/

Jk, I was the only one in the store and was in and out within 2 minutes. I kinda miss the chaos though.

NO ONE MISSES THAT! It's nice to have it be so easy now, but I still stress out with going early etc... I still have the old mindset.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Have a 3-pack dedicated to female alts of Corrin, Robin, & Villager.

Then work in an alt pack for Wii Fit Trainer, Bayonetta (for 1st game style), and....I guess Wireframe Mac or Advent Children Cloud?

bigkrev

Walked into the store at 5pm, walked out 3 minutes later after using store credit to only pay 12.99 for Roy.

Now to figure out how to cancel the online one!

went to gamestop at about 5pm walked out with a Roy pre-order now im ready for tomorrow morning when i go back to gamestop to get Lucas and the 4 animal crossing amiibo :)

Tunic

Anyone have Lucas preordered on Amazon that has been charged and received shipping info yet? Mine says they need more time to provide a delivery date.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I placed my order for Lucas on the 17th with my Prime & no update yet. Guessing he'll arrive Monday despite 2-day shipping.

Think it might be time to get a new shelf, had to reorganize most of my amiibo so I could put Lucas next to Ness. I don't even know where I'll put Ryu since I wanna have him with the other 3rd party characters. Might be time to box my manga up & use the bigger shelf for amiibo.

Hes been up at Best Buy...

Too bad Best Buy refuses to keep my order for some fucking reason. :\ They keep saying they "can't verify my information", even though I've completely reentered my credentials from scratch multiple times now, and even tried a different card. Never had an issue from them before, everyone else accepts my information, and I didn't alter any of the information tied to my account until after I started getting the error, so I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Too bad Best Buy refuses to keep my order for some fucking reason. :\ They keep saying they "can't verify my information", even though I've completely reentered my credentials from scratch multiple times now, and even tried a different card. Never had an issue from them before, everyone else accepts my information, and I didn't alter any of the information tied to my account until after I started getting the error, so I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Totally unrelated to Amiibos, but Barnes and Noble is the same with me, preventing me from ever ordering during a Criterion Collection sale. They just cancel my orders and claim fraud attempts. They hate me.

Anyone have Lucas preordered on Amazon that has been charged and received shipping info yet? Mine says they need more time to provide a delivery date.

same, i canceled and re ordered since i didnt get the 20% off, that must have fucked it up haha

smh amazon for not auto updating everything asap

oh well , watch he be rare D:

Wow... I easily ordered both Roy and Ryu tonight after having no clue that preorders had gone live.

Times... they have changed. 12 months ago it would have been a digital blood bath and I would have been shit out of luck.

Originally preordered my Roy off GameStop's website but ended up going to my local store and cancelled my Twilight Princess HD preorder (got it through Best Buy for GCU discount) to move the amount over to my Roy preorder.

Sent GameStop an email to cancel my online order because seems I can't cancel the order off the website at this time.

My drama-free Lucas preorder has already been processed by Best Buy and I already got my pick-up email earlier this morning. So I'll be picking him up tomorrow after work.

RaidenZR

Yeah, I have the same thing going on. I hate when Amazon pre-orders kink up like this. It happened with me for Mario Maker and also Yoshi's Woolly World. I bitched back then and they ended giving me some dollars off, which was appreciated for sure, but it is still annoying.

Everyone here better pickup Lucas, so that Nintendo sees the popularity of the character and decides to bring over Mother 3 to the virtual console and apologize for taking so long and then we can have all of the Mother games released worldwide and all of my dreams will come true.

tumblr_mn0rqlJWSS1qcj6rgo4_250.gif

I got elite, free shipping. If you want me to order and ship it to you, send me a pm. paypal gift the total.

i've bought games for members here w/ my gcu.

Thank you very much for your offer, but I've just gotten my order through to them. I got store pickup and my GCU applied, as well as one of my certificates. I guess I just needed to wait until today, which is so weird with how the amiibo bloodbath worked in the past.

Thanks again!

Thoraxes

Wow... I easily ordered both Roy and Ryu tonight after having no clue that preorders had gone live.

Times... they have changed. 12 months ago it would have been a digital blood bath and I would have been shit out of luck.
It feels weird being a veteran from those days of bloodshed, haha.

Dezner

Now watch as we get a Marth/Roy/Ike 3-pack, then Corrin will be exclusive to a 3-pack with Robin & Lucina.

FFFfuuuuuuuucckkkk this got me dreaming:

Dream Scenario: 3-pack is released with Female Corrin, Female Marth, and Female Robin.

NINTENDO PLZ :(

Fox Mulder

have lucas preordered at amazon, but they still say release date pending or whatever. Hate to get cancelled on as he's the last one im getting really.

G0523

Got an update from Amazon for my Lucas amiibo and the 4 Animal Crossing amiibo that I preordered...

It now says that they're all expected to be delivered by Wednesday, January 27. :/ What good is Amazon Prime again? They certainly can't blame this on the upcoming winter storm. They haven't even shipped them yet! Ugh, I might do some complaining about this to an Amazon rep and see what happens.

Velcro Fly

Sucks about Prime but doesn't surprise me

Every time I've had Prime or a free trial my shit would take like 4 days to ship to me. It was still about half the time it would take the free shipping to get to me and I always got a box and not a bubble mailer, but it was still pointless for me to pay a yearly fee for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom