• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
image_8.jpeg

image_9.jpeg

Target would only let me buy two packs of Amiibo cards... ;_;

Boogiepop

Man, Amazon just updated three of my AC amiibo to "arriving Wednesday" (shipping today), while Lucas and Kicks... still aren't shipping yet. Really glad this is just a Prime trial and not something I pay for, as at least the "priority shipping" seems pretty damn useless, as the free shipping even has gotten me stuff quicker than that. Hell, the cards apparently shipped yesterday and show an estimated arrival of Monday.

Aww yisss amiibo time again. Got Ryu and Roy on preorder yesterday and my extra 3D printed G&W stands came from etsy yesterday.

Gonna go out in a little bit to grab Lucas at BB...hope they don't put a huge sticker on them. When I got Falco he didn't have one so that was nice.

Accidentally bought lucas at amazon and best buy.. Maybe keep one sealed, of try to trade here. Only one I really want is dedede but I know he's tough to find.

Enforcer

I got my preorders in for Ryu, Roy, and Famicom ROB. I'm glad I held out on Famicom ROB! I was real tempted to import him, but I couldn't justify the cost to myself for a repaint of a figure I already had. Speaking of imports, it looks like the days of that are maybe over. Getting the above three, plus being able to casually wake up today, stumble over to the Best Buy site and grab all they new AC amiibo and select in store pick up was super easy. Seems like I maybe can leave foreign stocks of amiibo alone, lol. This is a far cry from the cutthroat days of a year ago! It was pure savagery back then! I've gotta get over to the amiibo card trade thread and finish off my series 1 collection. I'm pretty sure I've got enough dupes to complete the set and then some! And now series 2 is out... I guess the ride never truly does end...

mstevens

If the availability is due to interest waning in amiibo, that could be a good thing for us.. Not only are amiibo more available in the short run, Nintendo won't be able to be complacent and will have to find ways to make them more appealing (gameplay wise, good figures, etc)

I love that I can just order whatever I want now. Just got Shovel Knight, Classic 8 bit Mario, Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Blathers and Kicks

G0523

So I just finished online chatting with an Amazon rep, trying to see if I could get my amiibo shipped faster (or at least get some money back) and the best she could do was speed up the shipping so that my amiibo come in on Tuesday, January 26 instead of Wednesday. I'm still kinda upset but at least I'm getting them a little sooner (even though I was supposed to get them today!).

She said that the reason why the amiibo are shipping out so late is because they didn't have enough inventory. I find that hard to believe though since Animal Crossing amiibo are in abundant supply and that Amazon didn't inform me of the shipping date until today. Pretty unreasonable from Amazon if you ask me.

It's not like I need these amiibo right now today, but it is frustrating that I have a Prime membership and I preordered something well before the release date, but not only am I not getting it on the release date, but I'm not even getting two-day shipping with it, and I wasn't even notified of any of this until the day of release.

How are we still running into problems with Amiibo like this - and the fricking Animal Crossing series, no less.

G0523

It's not like I need these amiibo right now today, but it is frustrating that I have a Prime membership and I preordered something well before the release date, but not only am I not getting it on the release date, but I'm not even getting two-day shipping with it, and I wasn't even notified of any of this until the day of release.

How are we still running into problems with Amiibo like this - and the fricking Animal Crossing series, no less.

I don't think it's a problem with Nintendo and the amiibo. I think it's a problem with Amazon. They didn't tell us until the day of release? That's bullshit. I've been having many problems with Amazon lately and the only reason why I went with them for the amiibo was because of the 20% off deal they're doing. But after this? I don't think I'll be buying amiibo from them.

image_8.jpeg

Target would only let me buy two packs of Amiibo cards... ;_;

I was about to take and post this exact same picture ;)

Grabbed Shovel Knight and 2 Lucas at Best Buy today. Also PM'd Amazon for another Tom Nook for $5.00 and bought two packs of AC Series 2 cards. Just got done securing BB pickup preorders for FamiROB and Ryu but forgot to stop at GameStop for Roy. Eh, tomorrow's another day.

KingBroly

Banned
Amazon STILL hasn't shipped my Lucas amiibo, making me think Nintendo didn't make enough of them.

On top of that, I can't get out of the house because of ice on the road.

Has anyone successfully been able to cancel and gamestop.com order for Roy? I pre-ordered him online just in case yesterday and I'm trying to cancel the online order since I pre-ordered him in the store to avoid the 4$ shipping fee.

Doesn't seem to be working.

RomanceDawn

Went to Best Buy but they sold out earlier that morning. Went to Toys R Us just down the way and they had plenty.

Those Animal Crossing amiibo look really nice, too bad I don't play the series at all. Though when dealing with Amiibo thats a good thing.

I hope a new Donkey Kong platformer comes out within the next 5 years. Seeing some high quality DK, Diddy, Cranky and Dixie amiibos would just be too good!

RaidenZR

Yeah, still no updated date on my Amazon order of Lucas and Kicks. My Resetti has a date for some reason though... I don't get them. Why would they take more preorders than they have of expected stock?

Went to Best Buy but they sold out earlier that morning. Went to Toys R Us just down the way and they had plenty.

Those Animal Crossing amiibo look really nice, too bad I don't play the series at all. Though when dealing with Amiibo thats a good thing.

I hope a new Donkey Kong platformer comes out within the next 5 years. Seeing some high quality DK, Diddy, Cranky and Dixie amiibos would just be too good!

I was expecting a new Donkey and Wario model with Mario Party out, but that didn't happen. Wasn't it rumored or shown in a video or something, too?

fernoca

Amazon just shipped Lucas.
No rush since it was for $10 shipped. Should be here thursday.

The AC amiibo still have a pending date.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just a heads-up, if you want to use amiibo on M&L Paper Jam, you need to make sure there's no data written on it. I have Smash data on my main Mario, Luigi, & Yoshi amiibo. Dr. Mario & 8-bits obviously count as Mario, & unsurprisingly, Bowser Jr. won't count as a Bowser amiibo.

Least I got 2 forms of Yoshi, Smash & Yarn. There's not even 2 forms of Toad yet.

Velcro Fly

These limits on the AC series 2 is making me crazy. Series 1 I could order 10 from GS and now it's 3. Could order 3 or 4 from Walmart and now it's only one. Best Buy doesn't even have them available to ship now. I don't have the energy for a sustained effort to track down enough cards to collect and trade for the entire series. Ugh

Dominator

These limits on the AC series 2 is making me crazy. Series 1 I could order 10 from GS and now it's 3. Could order 3 or 4 from Walmart and now it's only one. Best Buy doesn't even have them available to ship now. I don't have the energy for a sustained effort to track down enough cards to collect and trade for the entire series. Ugh
I just walked into my GameStop and bought 12 packs. I feel a little bad for killing the stock but the cards are the only amiibo items I collect now. Gonna buy 5 more packs then just trade for the rest.

It shouldn't be too bad. Most stores got a lot more series 1 packs later on, I would expect this to be similar.

My amiibo + other nintendo goodies haul from this morning at toys r us

CZVsyqpWQAEghtB.jpg

I have never seen Metroid anything when looking World of Nintendo stuff. All of that other stuff, I actually had in my hand, ready to buy a week or so ago, but put it all back except for the 8-bit DK.

So I just finished online chatting with an Amazon rep, trying to see if I could get my amiibo shipped faster (or at least get some money back) and the best she could do was speed up the shipping so that my amiibo come in on Tuesday, January 26 instead of Wednesday. I'm still kinda upset but at least I'm getting them a little sooner (even though I was supposed to get them today!).

She said that the reason why the amiibo are shipping out so late is because they didn't have enough inventory. I find that hard to believe though since Animal Crossing amiibo are in abundant supply and that Amazon didn't inform me of the shipping date until today. Pretty unreasonable from Amazon if you ask me.

I noticed mine says "shipping on January 25th"... so I guess, technically, it will be two-day shipping :/. Half-tempted to cancel and just go get them at Best Buy, but I'll just wait.

Funny thing... I just now ordered Life is Strange and it will be here on Sunday. Hmm.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still nothing from Amazon on Lucas. Saw about 4 of them behind the counter at GS when I went to pick up M&L Paper Jam.

Velcro Fly

I just walked into my GameStop and bought 12 packs. I feel a little bad for killing the stock but the cards are the only amiibo items I collect now. Gonna buy 5 more packs then just trade for the rest.

It shouldn't be too bad. Most stores got a lot more series 1 packs later on, I would expect this to be similar.

Went to a few places near me and all they had was some series 1.

If I didn't have to pay for shipping on orders it wouldn't be so bad. But three packs of cards adding up to $18 and then $4 for shipping that gets them to me in like two weeks really sucks.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Don't worry, Retro's had lots of time to work on one for the NX's launch.

Velcro Fly

Lucas (and one series 2 pack) has shipped from Walmart! Holy shit I was not counting on that happening.

Need to decide how to pick up AC Wave 2. Would love to wait until cards are up again so I can split my order up to get multiple packs out of the deal. Best Buy with GCU of course.

Got Ryu/FamiROB/Roy already preordered. Same with TPHD. Just gotta wait and see about AC Wave 3.

Tunic

I ended up going to Fred Meyer on the way home from work today and picked up Lucas and Blathers. I had them both ordered on Amazon with Prime membership but they didn't get them shipped out for some reason - it was still pending today. It was too hard to pass up them up today so I canceled the order.

Rootbeer

Banned
Mistakes were made? Though I actually blame gamestop.com shittyness :(

Ordered roy on gamestop.com when he first went up. No in-store pickup option was available, so I picked shipping. Decided to just eat the 3.99 because I didn't have the extra time to head to a store that day.

Now I see gamestop.com has an in-store pickup option finally available for Roy. So I cancel my online order, wait till I get the cancellation confirmation, then re-order him for in-store pickup... except you can't. It says I reached the maximum allowed (1, apparently), even though the order was cancelled... ugh!

I'll try to order again tomorrow. Maybe it just takes a while for their system to fully update. If not, I'll just snag it some other time

Just a heads-up, if you want to use amiibo on M&L Paper Jam, you need to make sure there's no data written on it. I have Smash data on my main Mario, Luigi, & Yoshi amiibo. Dr. Mario & 8-bits obviously count as Mario, & unsurprisingly, Bowser Jr. won't count as a Bowser amiibo.

Least I got 2 forms of Yoshi, Smash & Yarn. There's not even 2 forms of Toad yet.

With the new rumor of Paper Mario Wii U, I really wonder if there will be a Paper Mario amiibo series. I imagine they'd make them look like Mr. Game & Watch, and we'd get Mario, Luigi, Princess, Bowser, and Toad. That'd be the second Toad right there, because I cannot imagine any other variant they could make beyond a Captain Toad amiibo, and that ship sailed a long time ago.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I would probably give in & get the entire Paper Mario line if it happened.

........OH GOD, imagine if they stuck with that whole card system in Paper Jam, but let you use other characters.

............OH GOD, WHAT IF I COULD SCAN SOMEONE & GET A PAPER KIRBY OR PAPER PIT OR PAPER SONIC OR......

Animekatt

Was no problems picking up my instore pickup of Lucas and a pack of series 2 AC cards. I decided to stop at TRU to see if they had any cards since I wanted two more packs. They had a ton of Lucas and the new AC amiibo. They also had the b1g1 40% off, which I was able to get two more packs that way.

Amazon sure is all over the map. First, the ETA on Lucas and Kicks was Tuesday, then it was moved back to Wednesday... now it says they're arriving tomorrow and are just a couple states away.

What a ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom