• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

creid

I'm most of the way through on the mobile site, give it a try if you can.

Edit: got my order through. Try m.gamestop.com

bigkrev

Jesus, there isn't a free shipping option at Gamestop!
Got him ordered, but I'm going to go to a store later and see if I can't preorder him in store, and cancel this online order. Fuck spending 4 dollars for slow shipping in 2016.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you guys want free shipping, you need to spend $25 & use the code "SAVER" before checking out. Perhaps pre-order a second amiibo, like Roy & FamiROB.

Now to see if I can resist the urge to spend $19 on an Lucina import with free Prime shipping...

CKD5989

Is Roy only available for "one per customer"? Tempted to grabbed another but don't want Gamestop to kill my original order.

Edit: Yep. One per. Will try and get an in-store order in but if not, will hold onto my Amazon France order.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you guys want free shipping, you need to spend $25 & use the code "SAVER" before checking out. Perhaps pre-order a second amiibo, like Roy & FamiROB.

Now to see if I can resist the urge to spend $19 on an Lucina import with free Prime shipping...

Lucina is one of the best Amiibo.

Boogiepop

Bleh, maybe I'll go to the store later and try to switch over, but the stupid Gamestop shipping is definitely annoying. I guess I could just deal with the $4 cost as an excuse to not have to put up with Gamestop in person, as that would be two separate trips there just trying to save $4. Also, why the heck don't they offer Nintendo e-shop cards online? Was going over it in my head to think if they had anything I wanted to order from them, and either Best Buy is the better price, or it's a used game and I've heard dicey things about the quality of the used games they ship online (plus pretty much anything that's worth looking into buying used from them isn't available online). So I finally hit on e-shop cards as Best Buy doesn't offer a discount on them and... GS doesn't even sell them online? Why?

Edit: Meant to bump up to the "Saver" shipping amount. Post doesn't make much sense without that, whoops.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was a thing to see! I was the only one there! I expected at least a few people. Even Lottie's line had a few. Then again this is in the middle of a week day. Someone else lined up shortly after, and I don't know if it was even for Roy, but that was it! Easy peasy!

EDIT: I get my eShop cards online from Walmart. The one competent thing their online store can do!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It could just be me & being close to one of their shipping locations, but despite getting value shipping, I've had orders arrive in only 3 days

........BAH, screw it, I might get Lucina tomorrow if the $19 price stays & I get a decent paycheck tomorrow. & now I see an import Robin with Prime shipping as well for $17.50. But I feel like if I wait for FE Fates, I could order from BB & get 20% off, so only about $21 for both compared to $36+ I'd be spending to import both...

I got to the computer 15 minutes late but still managed to get my order in. It's a good thing the Amiibo game is slowing down a little bit because my hunting skills are slipping.

Isaccard

Everyone whining about shipping...

You could always go in store and pre-order, and yeah, it sucks, but it's exclusive, and this is what they charge to get it to you

take it or leave it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe I'll pre-order in-store tomorrow if they're still doing them since I'm picking up M&L Paper Jam.

Speaking of which, I was listening to the Giant Bomb podcast & were talking about using amiibo in that game & it basically breaks the game since when you use an amiibo to get a card, it doesn't count as a turn, & even more so, if you remove the amiibo before the game "confirms" the card, it'll just be like "Whoops, we didn't save the card, wanna try again for another card?"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also need to consider some people might not live close to a GS. I don't live near a BB or TRU, so any time it's in-store exclusive, I'm out of luck.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I didn't trust GameStop's website so I showed up at a nearby GameStop at 3:02 p.m. Walked right in, no line, one employee was talking to his buddy who apparently had stopped in while the other employee wandered around the otherwise empty store. That one helped me out. The computers didn't act up, payment went smoothly and I was out of there with a receipt within two minutes.

Where did all the Amiibo-crazed people go who would show up at any time of the day or night to line up at these stores last winter and spring?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom