• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, all, and greetings from the world of AmiiboGAF Line chat! Such a shiny new OT, only thing that could make it even better is another showing of my custom Mega Mans, in case anyone missed it!
NiY4xT2h.jpg

0NfGgv1h.jpg

UwllJE1h.jpg

mV5HoQvh.jpg

Aren't they just the best?? So damn proud to own 'em. All Level 50, ready for an upcoming 8 Player Smash of ridiculous proportions. Gooood times.

Anyways, who knows if I'll stick around, but we'll see. Nice to be back at least once every new OT, haha.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hello, all, and greetings from the world of AmiiboGAF Line chat! Such a shiny new OT, only thing that could make it even better is another showing of my custom Mega Mans, in case anyone missed it!
NiY4xT2.jpg
0NfGgv1.jpg

UwllJE1.jpg
mV5HoQv.jpg

Aren't they just the best?? So damn proud to own 'em. All Level 50, ready for an upcoming 8 Player Smash of ridiculous proportions. Gooood times.

Anyways, who knows if I'll stick around, but we'll see. Nice to be back at least once every new OT, haha.

Gem! Post more! Having you on LINE is great but you need to take back your
third
place on the Wall of Shame!

Looks like Target shipped one of my two Jigglys and Walmart shipped Lucina as well. I assume it'll take a little more time for the remaining ones to ship, although I was kind of hoping they'd all come in the same box. Anyone hear anything from GameStop yet?

NiY4xT2h.jpg

0NfGgv1h.jpg

UwllJE1h.jpg

mV5HoQvh.jpg

Those look totally awesome together! I remember when you first started talking about it and were very worried that you would even be able to FIND 8 separate Mega Mans. Imagine having to track down 8 Ness' for variants!

kirby_fox

Banned
I made top 30 of the last thread? I need...more to do in life...but I got a jiggly confirmation.

Should we start with the names of OT8?

:p

OT8 || 5/29 -- Never forget the ones we lost to the amiibogeddon

Looks like Toad works in Yoshi's Woolly World after all. Just seems to be the Pokemon amiibo that won't work.

Here's a video showing off some of the costumes. There's Kirby, Zelda, Link, Pit, Toad, Fox, Luigi, Bowser, Samus, Dedede, Ike, & Peach.

Damn...I'm going to have to buy this game now aren't I?

I didnt get an email either, just check wal-mart.com and go to your account you should see it

If I check and it's not shipped though, everything in my body will break down and I'll just want to cry.

When was the order date for the people that Target has already shipped to?

6/2 - 6/5 is what my email for Jigglypuff says.

Jawmuncher

Only character I'd go through the effort of getting all altos for would be snake......what could have been. At least his figma will fill the void.

Only character I'd go through the effort of getting all altos for would be snake......what could have been. At least his figma will fill the void.

I have and will buy two of every Yoshi. One to open, one to keep sealed... but that's as far as I'll go! Hopefully the Yarn Yoshis are easy to find.

Yeah, Danthrax did top 30 from OT 3, so I just carried that on. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152424995&postcount=36

It would be interesting to see a top 50 or so of a combination of all of the OTs

I made top 30 of the last thread? I need...more to do in life...but I got a jiggly confirmation.

OT8 || 5/29 -- Never forget the ones we lost to the amiibogeddon

Damn...I'm going to have to buy this game now aren't I?

If I check and it's not shipped though, everything in my body will break down and I'll just want to cry.

6/2 - 6/5 is what my email for Jigglypuff says.

You will be fine, trust me, check walmart's site, I only got ONE confirmation email and that was for Wario, everything else(Charizard and Splatoon 3 pack) already shipped but no confirmation email..the only one remaining is Pac-Man and that is still processing. Hey you got Jigglypuff, LUCKY I missed out on it, hoping and crossing fingers that maybe on Friday I will be able to get one

Those look totally awesome together! I remember when you first started talking about it and were very worried that you would even be able to FIND 8 separate Mega Mans. Imaging having to track down 8 Ness' for variants!
Yeeesh, good luck, man! And thanks, so glad I have 'em all!

RootCause

Yeah Im pretty pissed at Nintendo for making this so hard..yeah Im still looking to get Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin, Marth, and Greninja..what's funny is that when the wave 4 came out I didnt even care about those amiibos, I was happy with what I got, but when I heard more people talking about those amiibos I want them now

Edit: Just checked Charizard just shipped :) all that is left is Pacman
You've cought the Amiibo fever. Nintendo has done a terrible job with Amiibo. Just hope they can improve things moving forward. I actually canned the entire wave 1 preorder days before the release. Immediately regretted it after I got back from the cruise.
You're getting everything right now. :p Jiggly is the only Amiibo that has shipped for me.

kirby_fox

Banned
You will be fine, trust me, check walmart's site, I only got ONE confirmation email and that was for Wario, everything else(Charizard and Splatoon 3 pack) already shipped but no confirmation email..the only one remaining is Pac-Man and that is still processing. Hey you got Jigglypuff, LUCKY I missed out on it, hoping and crossing fingers that maybe on Friday I will be able to get one

I have a bigger fear for Robin/Lucina because of a list I made on the site. The list had all the amiibos and was acting as if I had never ordered those 2. Showed up in my orders though...so I fear going on and seeing them missing because I don't really got time to call Walmart for amiibo.

Order date, as in when you placed the order, not expected delivery.

Whoops. 4/8.

rjinaz

I have 7 amiibos in my cart (1 Jigglypuff, 2 each of the Yoshis) and it comes to $188.71 AU or about $146.16 USD. Which is $20.88 per amiibo. Will I get different shipping options once I go further?

Did you end up going through with it?

Thinking of the yarn yoshis doing the math I can get 3 for about $22 per after shipping. consider this though, they release in June whereas here in the US it's Fall. Well worth the $8 I think to get them months early.

You've cought the Amiibo fever. Nintendo has done a terrible job with Amiibo. Just hope they can improve things moving forward. I actually canned the entire wave 1 preorder days before the release. Immediately regretted it after I got back from the cruise.
You're getting everything right now. :p Jiggly is the only Amiibo that has shipped for me.

I called my local City Target today, they are nice people over there, I bought all of my electronic items from them so they are cool..the lady told me they have NOT received their shipment yet, so to call back on Thursday..she said the last time they had amiibos available a few people showed up so who knows, maybe it wont be so bad and I will be able to get a few of these bad boys. I will call at 8AM on Friday, if only a few people showed up I will go to the store, if they tell me its all gone I wont even bother going to TRU because I know it will be a waste of time(Or I can try since they open at 10AM) Nintendo has done a terrible job, I understand, they want a feeding frenzy and they have it, Im more concerned about people who might get hurt waiting overnight for these things, some people are nuts, I remember when the Wii came out someone here actually died because they were hit by a car and then the Wii was stolen..not worth it, no toy or electronic is worth camping out for, will just see what happens on Friday

kirby_fox

Banned
Thanks. 4/2 for me and all I got is "order created". Gonna just assume something went wrong and they never messaged me about it. :c

Did you get a confirmation email when you ordered? I got one immediately when it came up.

Maybe you'll get a free Jigglypuff out of this.

I have a bigger fear for Robin/Lucina because of a list I made on the site. The list had all the amiibos and was acting as if I had never ordered those 2. Showed up in my orders though...so I fear going on and seeing them missing because I don't really got time to call Walmart for amiibo.

Whoops. 4/8.

I missed out on Robin and Lucina when they were available on walmart.com, went to bed, then I find out in the morning that they were available for pre order 30 minutes after I got offline, figures, always happens like that. I dont have a walmart around me, the nearest is a Target followed by a TRU

RootCause

I called my local City Target today, they are nice people over there, I bought all of my electronic items from them so they are cool..the lady told me they have NOT received their shipment yet, so to call back on Thursday..she said the last time they had amiibos available a few people showed up so who knows, maybe it wont be so bad and I will be able to get a few of these bad boys. I will call at 8AM on Friday, if only a few people showed up I will go to the store, if they tell me its all gone I wont even bother going to TRU because I know it will be a waste of time(Or I can try since they open at 10AM) Nintendo has done a terrible job, I understand, they want a feeding frenzy and they have it, Im more concerned about people who might get hurt waiting overnight for these things, some people are nuts, I remember when the Wii came out someone here actually died because they were hit by a car and then the Wii was stolen..not worth it, no toy or electronic is worth camping out for, will just see what happens on Friday
I've never done a over the night camping. I went to get Lucario at 10 in the morning. That's the earliest I've been at a store for an Amiibo. That sounds very promising. You might be able to snag three of the four you need at target.
My Walmart doesn't even have them in their system, and GameStop told me they only had for preorders.

I've never done a over the night camping. I went to get Lucario at 10 in the morning. That's the earliest I've been at a store for an Amiibo. That sounds very promising. You might be able to snag three of the four you need at target.
My Walmart doesn't even have them in their system, and GameStop told me they only had for preorders.

Yeah I have no idea how this City Target did the last time, she said "A few" but she also said that she has no idea how things will go down this time..its not a big target they just opened it last year, thats why its a City Target its inside a shopping center Im hoping that not many people will bother going there LOL..I just know that when the Nintendo 3DS XL came out that the Majora Mask 3DS XL was gone pretty quick, I wasnt interested in it but I came in for the red 3ds xl and they had plenty in stock so I asked about the majora one and the guy said it was gone and that someone camped out for it LOL. TRU opens here at 10AM, do you think I would have a pretty good chance of getting a greninja and whatever else I dont get at Target if I Get there at 10AM(I will be taking the bus)

kirby_fox

Banned
I missed out on Robin and Lucina when they were available on walmart.com, went to bed, then I find out in the morning that they were available for pre order 30 minutes after I got offline, figures, always happens like that. I dont have a walmart around me, the nearest is a Target followed by a TRU

Welcome to amiibos.

Crazy how you have no Walmarts around you. I've got one down the street (which shrank and is now cramped and crappy so it's a real useless place for amiibo). There are 2 that are literally 10 minutes away from each other on the same road about 10-15 minutes away. Probably another 3 that are 20 minutes from me depending on traffic. And if I feel like driving 30+ I can hit a good 3-5 more.

My amiibo hunting is basically using a 1/4 tank of gas to drive in a circle for hours and see what's what...I will not be doing that on Friday however.

RootCause

Yeah I have no idea how this City Target did the last time, she said "A few" but she also said that she has no idea how things will go down this time..its not a big target they just opened it last year, thats why its a City Target its inside a shopping center Im hoping that not many people will bother going there LOL..I just know that when the Nintendo 3DS XL came out that the Majora Mask 3DS XL was gone pretty quick, I wasnt interested in it but I came in for the red 3ds xl and they had plenty in stock so I asked about the majora one and the guy said it was gone and that someone camped out for it LOL. TRU opens here at 10AM, do you think I would have a pretty good chance of getting a greninja and whatever else I dont get at Target if I Get there at 10AM(I will be taking the bus)
If they bring 46 then you might have a shot. You said that there are three TRU stores around your city, maybe people spread out between those stores. Did you call TRU again? You should consider calling them, and asking about previous experience with Amiibo release day. Maybe the lines weren't too big. I think you have a better shot at Greninja, and Silver Mario since those two should have more stock than Robin, and Lucina.

HUELEN10

So, for someone who has yet to have it fully explained and understood, are we still doing bullets and notifications, and how do we get in?

If they bring 46 then you might have a shot. You said that there are three TRU stores around your city, maybe people spread out between those stores. Did you call TRU again? You should consider calling them, and asking about previous experience with Amiibo release day. Maybe the lines weren't too big. I think you have a better shot at Greninja, and Silver Mario since those two should have more stock than Robin, and Lucina.

Well according to that twitter memo my TRU is going to have 48 greninja's but that same person who posted that also told me that about 10 of those are pre orders so I guess 38 available? I havent called TRU again, especially after the conversation I had yesterday with that employee who wasn't thrilled when I mentioned the greninja amount, he wanted to know how I got that info, so secretive these numbers are you would think they feared their computers were bugged LOL..yeah I will call tomorrow and hopefully get someone else on the phone to get an idea from previous amiibo experience

Hello, all, and greetings from the world of AmiiboGAF Line chat! Such a shiny new OT, only thing that could make it even better is another showing of my custom Mega Mans, in case anyone missed it!.

I did totally miss this, and having been there when you were first planning this out, i'm glad to see them come out so nicely!

I can officially say I'm posting.

Got a shipping confirmation for my Jigglypuff from Target. Now just waiting for Walmart and Best Buy to pull through with my Lucina, Charizard, Pac-Man and Splatoon 3pack.

RootCause

Well according to that twitter memo my TRU is going to have 48 greninja's but that same person who posted that also told me that about 10 of those are pre orders so I guess 38 available? I havent called TRU again, especially after the conversation I had yesterday with that employee who wasn't thrilled when I mentioned the greninja amount, he wanted to know how I got that info, so secretive these numbers are you would think they feared their computers were bugged LOL..yeah I will call tomorrow and hopefully get someone else on the phone to get an idea from previous amiibo experience
You could try to mask your voice. Lol
I just want Friday to get here. I can only check TRU, Walmart, and gs. Best buy is like an hour and half drive, no way I'm driving that far just to be told there's nothing available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom