• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only missed online pre-orders for Greninja and Silver Mario. My wife was able to get them both this morning, so I'm still a perfect 47/47, all US, all at retail.

Kudos to your wife!

slow-clap.gif

nubcake

Neo Member
Got to TRU early enough for Robin and Lucina, and picked up a Greninja to try to use as trade bait. Also checked Best Buy after that, they had the commons and a couple Silver Marios, but no Robin or Lucina. I also didn't see a hint that Metaknight was ever there...if it was, there was definitely no sticker or tag for it.

TRU also had 4 Marth, but I already had one and the kid behind me is a brand new Fire Emblem fan so I let him get it.

Boogiepop

Got super lucky and managed everything but Lucina and Robin, plus an extra Jiggly for trading if it comes to that.

Really hoping I can manage Amazon for the last two and get this wave done without having to bend to the darn scalpers...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just like Ike and Marth yea. Silly too seeing how they have game compatibility beyond Smash.

But there's a Greninja for every man, woman and child that only works in Smash.

Well, and I guess it can get you 1 rupee or yet another generic weapon in Hyrule Warriors. And a 1up in Captain Toad I suppose. Can't have enough of those

je_ssi e

Strolled into Toys 'R' Us at 10:30am and got everything I wanted.

*Splatoon 3-Pack
*Charizard
*Wario
*PAC-MAN

They even surprisingly still had Greninja.
Maybe around 12? And, some Silver Mario. Somewhere around 5, I think.

Didn't notice Robin/Lucina.
Must have gotten all snatched up.

Thought I missed out on PAC-MAN and Wario, as they weren't in the amiibo section. Though, found them with the Splatoon amiibo up front on a display they had set up as soon as you walk in.

After playing Splatoon all night I'm ready for sleep.
Feels good not having to rely on Amazon today.

I hope everyone else found what they were looking for today as well.

My Jiggly from Play-Asia was last in Chicago, most likely going through customs. She'll most likely be here tomorrow.

GOODNIGHT!

My TRU came through!

So after my initial camping at the local Target, the employees decided not to "lay the law" so we began charging to the electronics aisle once the store doors opened. Out of breath, I barely managed to make my orders. I was pissed about this experience but I got the amiibo I wanted there.

I immediately went for a breakfast break and decided to wait in line for TRU to open and brave the "long" line.

TRU barely had anyone in line, just 8 people! So I waited an hour for the store to open to get a Greninja and Pacman. Once the store opened, I saw something Target lacked: Order and Control.

We walked, single-file, to the electronics section and they took us up 4 at a time to see their selection. But I must be dreaming. Was I daft?! NO! My TRU had over 10 Robins and Lucinas each along with plenty of the remaining wave! Pretty much everyone in line (about 20 or so of us) got nearly everything we wanted and more!

Great service, great communication, plentiful selection. It was everything Target wasn't. And I nearly forgot how horrid my time with Target was.

Today was a good day.

Wow, that's not what they told me at all, and then the guy cancelled it.
I would cry. I had all my non exclusives through walmart. If they cancelled all of them I would be distraught. I slept in this morning since I only need silver mario and ness. I though mario would be online sometime this morning but not yet. So I am going by BB and Target for lunch to check.

Did anyone hear of any extra Ness at GS?

Going to go to bed before reading all the pages. Just got to say that TRU knocked it out of the park today. They had a metric fuckload of Lucina and robin amillbo. All while being completely organized. Not only that but they honored the Buy 1 get another 50% off ticket that they had when I preordered Greninja across my entire order. Glad I had the manager on duty sign it that day.

Anyway, time for sleep.

TheGrue

The only thing I didn't have pre-ordered was Silver Mario and got one at my local Target easy. My Best Buy order comes in today with Splatoon 3-Pack, Wario, Charizard, Pac-Man, Lucina, and Robin. Ness and Jigglypuff have shipped, though I could have gotten a Jigglypuff today at Target (I even showed up 30 minutes after they opened). Greninja from TRU shows as item located in stock, so I imagine it will ship soon.

nubcake

Neo Member
My TRU came through!

So after my initial camping at the local Target, the employees decided not to "lay the law" so we began charging to the electronics aisle once the store doors opened. Out of breath, I barely managed to make my orders. I was pissed about this experience but I got the amiibo I wanted there.

I immediately went for a breakfast break and decided to wait in line for TRU to open and brave the "long" line.

TRU barely had anyone in line, just 8 people! So I waited an hour for the store to open to get a Greninja and Pacman. Once the store opened, I saw something Target lacked: Order and Control.

We walked, single-file, to the electronics section and they took us up 4 at a time to see their selection. But I must be dreaming. Was I daft?! NO! My TRU had over 10 Robins and Lucinas each along with plenty of the remaining wave! Pretty much everyone in line (about 20 or so of us) got nearly everything we wanted and more!

Great service, great communication, plentiful selection. It was everything Target wasn't. And I nearly forgot how horrid my time with Target was.

Today was a good day.

Yeah I'm so glad I just went straight to TRU. 8 of Robin and Lucina was double what the Targets around here had. Plenty of Greninja. They told us at 7am what they had so people could leave if what they wanted would be gone before their chance. Handed out tickets, orderly line, no fuss. Even had a few Marth that made some people very happy.

I probably COULD outrun almost anyone in a Target, but I'd rather not act like an animal for a $13 toy. TRU made it as pain free as amiibos can get.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Amazingly, I managed to snag Robin and Lucina at Fred Meyer this morning on my way to Target (which I knew from Brickseek wouldn't have either one). Once again I have successfully avoided resorting to eBay for my collection! No one thinks to check Fred Meyer.

I was #6 in line at Target, a total of 9 people showed up. Most folks were pretty cool, but I could tell the two guys in the back were bad news. They were real quiet and the only thing I heard them talking about was how much money they made reselling.

Sure enough, the doors open and everyone's calmly keeping their place in line, and these two guys make a break for Electronics as soon as they're in the clear. Of course, now everyone starts running. One of the girls in front of me is yelling "THERE WAS A LINE! THERE WAS A LINE! WE NEED A MANAGER!" while running toward the back of the store.

It was total chaos once we got to the amiibos, every man for himself grabbing their 2-amiibo allocation.

Anyway, I got out of there with a Jigglypuff and a Silver Mario. If I see those 2 guys anywhere else, I'll be sure to call them out to everyone else in the line.

This sounds like something out of an Amiibo chick tract.

OMG Diggeh make an Amiibo chick tract!

melman101

Here is my Amiibo story.

Was in hospital when Wave 4 got announced in Direct. Managed to grab Pac-man, Charizard, and Wario from Bestbuy.com.

Also, managed to snagged two Jigglypuff's from Target.com

My credit card got compromised and I forgot to change my Target order, so those Jigglypuff's got cancelled.

Fast forward to yesterday. Made plans with a great friend of mine to go to Nintendo World Store for the midnight launch. Wife was sick and I wasn't feeling well either. So I had to nix those plans.

Went to Toys R Us at 8am this morning. Was fourth in line.

Managed to get
Wario
Charizard
Pac-man
Greninja
Robin
Lucina
Silver Mario
Squid 3-Pack

I actually forgot the squid 3-pack, so when I went back, I grabbed another Robin (hehehe), should have grabbed another Lucina too.

-----

Only missing JigglyPuff and Ness. I know next week Nintendo World is gonna have Jiggly. So I'll go down there.

Just missing Ness. If I get desperate, I got plenty of Unicorns to trade :)

I'd rather not act like an animal for a $13 toy.
Yeah, that's another reason I didn't line up this morning. It may have been all civil here for all I know but stories of mad rushes to the electronics section really put me off. I'm too old for that nonsense and it's just not worth acting so undignified towards others.

I was going to try to grab a Jiggly online for my niece. Right now it's letting me add to cart but when I click "Proceed to Checkout" it says my cart is empty. Oh well. She's young and likes to watch me play Smash and Jiggly's one of her favorites so I thought it might be a nice "extra" gift.

rjinaz

I am still able to add to cart, not checking out as I already have her. Not working for anyone else?

It's allowed you to add it to your cart for over 30 mins now.

It seems similar to what happened at Walmart a few weeks ago. Some people are able to while others simply can't. I added it to my cart the very moment it was posted on reddit. I did not miss it and yet it keeps emptying my cart. Most everybody is having this issue.

Super happy with my target. They limited 2 per person total. Only 1 Jigs allowed per order. They did a single line to the back and handed people their amiibo at the register.

Edit. About 40 people total in line. Had 39 Jigs and 28 SM. I nabbed both!

robot

Sounds like my target was a disaster, glad I went the eBay route.

Got Splatoon trio and Charizard at BB, Greninja at TRU. They had a ton of Greninjas.

Scoop-Li

After being told by three employees (one of which was the electronics manager/team lead) both over the phone last evening and in person right before closing last night that customers could purchase one of each kind of amiibo, they magically went back on their word and implemented an only two amiibo per person total rule upon opening this morning. I was not happy. The line was not happy. Many in the line were told the same thing that I was told about being able to purchase one of each kind of amiibo. They offered no logical explanation on changing their policy which was stated to me in person just eight hours before. Had I have known they were going to implement the two total amiibo rule, I would've made plans to go somewhere else. No more Target amiibos for me. Toys R Us was the winner for this wave and will be getting my future business.

Rocky

Banned
It's allowed you to add it to your cart for over 30 mins now.

It seems similar to what happened at Walmart a few weeks ago. Some people are able to while others simply can't. I added it to my cart the very moment it was posted on reddit. I did not miss it and yet it keeps emptying my cart. Most everybody is having this issue.

At one point I got as far as putting my paypal login info in. But as payment was finishing, it glitched with an error. I think it just sold out in seconds.

Calcium

Banned
Saw a long line outside my local Target this morning and couldn't think of what could possibly be released today that would gather such a crowd. I pulled up and asked the people in line and almost laughed. It's amazing these things are so popular. Good luck to everyone out there hunting today, hope you get your hauls.

AdanVC

Holy craaaaap I just found this on twitter:

CGLjOBAUgAAHBcW.jpg

it's on Spanish but basically this bastard is looking for people to literally "hire" and send them to different retails here in Mexico to buy as much amiibo as they can so this bastard can resell it. But how nice of this guy, he is paying breakfast and transportation... NOT.

Fucking scalpers this is too much!

Nighteater

Neo Member
Holy craaaaap I just found this on twitter:

CGLjOBAUgAAHBcW.jpg

it's on Spanish but basically this bastard is looking for people to literally "hire" and send them to different retails here in Mexico to buy as much amiibo as they can so this bastard can resell it. But how nice of this guy, he is paying breakfast and transportation... NOT.

Fucking scalpers this is too much!
The Mexican amiibo cartels are starting to form.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
4 people waiting at GS when I got there 30 minutes before opening.....& of course the guy in front took the ONLY Robin & Lucina they got. He also got one of the 2 Ness they had as well.

Guess it's time to hope for Amazon. Anyone got the schedule?

akileese

I got all non retailer exclusives from Best Buy and they are all out for delivery today. Also, Ness has shipped and Target gave us a free Jigglypuff for cancelling our order by mistake. Only missing Greninja :(

Animekatt

Here are some pics of how TRU had their amiibo display:

I purchased my Greninja, and was out of there within 10 minutes. The people I was standing in line with were super cool. One woman even bought 2 boxes of donuts and gave them out. She also did that for the Target line.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Had the wife stop at a Best Buy on her way to work since I take the train and have no real opportunity. She managed to snag me the Charizard and Splatoon 3-pack I was lookin for.

ACE!!!

Boy I sure have had a pretty easy time with Amiibos all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom