• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaviourMK2

11000475_10205976774673948_3472974527712293708_n.jpg

Including what I bought today. I now have an extra Jiggly and extra Greninja
So my tradables list is now:

1x Greninja
2x Shulk
1x Jigglypuff
1x Silver Mario
1x Ike
1x Marth (Japanese)
1x Zelda
1x Toad

PLEASE BARE IN MIND. My main priority is NA Ness.

Got my charizard at target. Robin and Lucina were gone within the first four people. Silver Mario was gone by the 11th guy. They let people get up to three but one per character. It was just a line and passed out tickets.

georly

Much better time this time around nintendo, good job. Still not perfect, but I was able to get the whole wave without TOOOOO much effort.

Now I just need a marth somehow (my TRU had 4, I was 9th in line :()

I might have an extra lucina (or robin or jiggly - though someone else might want those) to trade for one. Region doesn't even matter.

1x Greninja
2x Shulk
1x Jigglypuff
1x Silver Mario
1x Ike
1x Marth (Japanese)
1x Zelda
1x Toad

Any chance you'll sell that Greninja instead of trade?

Draxal

If I was to offer a Pit is that fair for a Lucina? If not I'll try Amazon.

I'd say so.

Anyway, Gamestop (Silver Mario + Splatoon Preorder); TRU (40 mins after opening Greninja + Wario). Have Splatoon 3 pack Charizard, Pacman, Ness, and 3 pack from Gamestop coming next week and same with Target and Jiggly.

Imported Lucina and Robin a while back so i'm done for this wave.

TRU had so much stuff, I was actually shocked that they had so much 30 minutes after opening.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't help but find it a bit annoying that stuff like Silver Mario & Jigglypuff are more well stocked than Robin & Lucina....but then I remember my "general public popularity" theory.

I just know I'm a bit exhausted after spending so about 4 hours in town (Walmart was a bust to no surprise), & now I've got 2 hours of class.

Just hope Amazon comes through for me.

QZhDGQf.png

So here's my haul from today. Either my Target didn't get any Charizard, Wario, Robin, or Lucina or they were holding out on them since the only amiibo I saw people walk out with were Jigglypuff, Pac-Man, Silver Mario, and the Splatoon ones.

So a guy at Meijer in Grandville rushed the electronics earlier and just grabbed everything new, even multiples...

The one downside to Meijer. They seem to have no policy regarding amiibo. It's up on the shelf, it's fair game. I just went to mine and found one each of Wario, Pac Man, and Charizard. Since Walmart cancelled my Pac/Char I was luckily able to pick them up there.

All I need now is a Ness. Drove by two Gamestops this morning about 2 and a half hours before opening. One had 8 people standing in line, another had just 1. If I can, I'll try to get to the latter store a few minutes before 10.

Also, I'm going to need to return Boy and Girl splatoon to best buy since I forgot to cancel that order after securing the 3-pack (unless someone out there wants both in exchange for a Ness, but I doubt it).

kirby_fox

Banned
I realized there was a GameStop that likely wouldn't have a lot of traffic going to it down the street. Head out and there was 1 lady about 10-15 mins before opening standing outside. I figure I had time to go to a grocery store behind it and came out 10 mins after opening...they had 2 Ness and they were already gone.

Had I gotten in line, I'd have a Ness.

I did get me a Greninja though strolling in at 10:20. They still had Robin/Lucina at that time too! Walmart still hasn't processed my Char/Pac...I'm tempted to cancel since the Meijer down the street had them available. Crazy how available a lot of these are.

If only Ness had more stock. It seems to be the only one with low stock and I feel GS has a lot more to do with that.

Well I managed to survive amiibogeddon. I did search for a Greninja for a fellow gaffer but unfortunately it was a blood bath. I managed to get all what I was going for though, hope everyone else had decent experiences.

Hit up Fry's, Best Buy and Game Stop for kicks.

Fry's in Plano had a good stock of Pac-Man, Wario and Silver Mario. Robin and Lucina were gone. Ended up getting another Silver for my other son.

Best Buy had a few Pac-Man's, Charizard, Wario and Silver Mario on a special table, not sure why Bowser was there though. Was hoping for a MetaKnight restock but no luck. Bought a Charizard for one of my boys there.

Finally Game Stop. Only thing they had left were Wario and Silver Mario's - lot's of Silver Mario's. I thought there wouldn't be a chance in heck at a Silver, but sure enough, he's everywhere!

My Son's are getting everything from this wave now except for Greninja - they didn't want him.

Would love to know which TRU everyone went to that had Marths

Mine in Cincinnati had 12 Marth and like 8 each Robin/Lucina

1x Greninja
2x Shulk
1x Jigglypuff
1x Silver Mario
1x Ike
1x Marth (Japanese)
1x Zelda
1x Toad

I may have an NA Ness for you, I'm eyeing that Ike and one of those Shulk.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what's the word on Meta Knight & Best Buy.com? Maybe I'll see if I can order him along with Robin &/or Lucina later today.

akileese

So it looks like Nintendo finally got it right. My GF got Greninja despite walking in after the store opened. I think after Yarn Yoshi's I'm done, with the exception being the inevitable Lucas amiibo.

Sponge

Banned
If anyone going to Toys R Us manages to grab a spare Greninja I'll gladly buy it off of you. I'm stuck at work and have no way of getting to TRS today.

bigkrev

Got Second-Place Mario and Splatoon 3-pack at Best Buy at 11:30, they had plenty of Charizard and individual Splatoon, but there is only one Mario left. Have Jigglypuff coming from Target, don't even know what a Greninja is, and Wario coming from Wal-Mart

I'd bitch about Robin-Lucina being the hard to find ones, but no one in America (and litteraly no one in Japan) bought Steam, and FE is still super niche.

Props to Nintendo- this was a perfectly fine launch.

Ozone

So what's the word on Meta Knight & Best Buy.com? Maybe I'll see if I can order him along with Robin &/or Lucina later today.
Not sure about .com, but my store said they would be getting in some tonight. Wouldn't give a time, so I may be making a few visits after work.

Got Second-Place Mario and Splatoon 3-pack at Best Buy at 11:30, they had plenty of Charizard and individual Splatoon, but there is only one Mario left. Have Jigglypuff coming from Target, don't even know what a Greninja is, and Wario coming from Wal-Mart

I'd bitch about Robin-Lucina being the hard to find ones, but no one in America (and litteraly no one in Japan) bought Steam, and FE is still super niche.

Props to Nintendo- this was a perfectly fine launch.

You know how they could sell STEAM? Pack the 4 FE Amiibo in and retail it at 75.00-80 or so lol

scoot3r

Well so far I've gotten Ness x 2 , wario , jigglypuff x 2, charizard, pacman x 2, and silver Mario. No greninja at tru But I'm happy with what I've gotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom