• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamator

This might be a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway.

I'll be trying Amazon this afternoon during the windows of time for the amiibo I still want. Currently third party sellers have started selling the figures, so how will we know when the sold by amazon version pop up? If I just refresh, will the main seller just switch to amazon once they go live?

SaviourMK2

11390292_894447887278059_7968308287261781983_n.jpg

AdanVC

Loving this amiibo haul and in-store pics <3 So colorful I want them all! and also a donut, what a nice lady giving donuts to everyone there.

The Mexican amiibo cartels are starting to form.

omfg haha it's scary but it's the proper way to call them yes. Amiibo Lords forming on the darkest areas of Mexico city. They are scarier than actual drug lord leaders and stuff haha.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
*refresh gamestop order screen*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Tracking information available!

HHHHHHHooo. Hoo. Okay then.

Kitoro

So I waited outside one of my two local Targets at 7:40am, 8th in line. An employee walks out with tickets at 7:50am, and announces a strict limit of 2 of each character per person.

He said they didn't get any Lucina or Robin in stock, but had limited quantities of everything else.

A mother with three kids in the front of the line each ask for two of every one available. Bam, Jigglypuff was gone already. I left the line at that point to head to my other Target, and got there at 8:05am.

These employees were clearly morons who likely couldn't read the purchase limit memo. They were only allowing customers to purchase two Amiibo TOTAL, hahaha.

They got in 4 each of Robin and Lucina, and the poor people who waited all morning weren't allowed to buy a third Amiibo and therefor had to pass up Jigglypuff to get the two Fire Emblem characters. Ridiculous.

I guess that worked in my favor, though; they still had a few Jigglypuff left, so I got one, and a Splatoon 3-Pack. I would've gotten a Silver Mario, as well, if not for their ridiculous limit. I would've complained to a manager if I cared enough, but man, what a couple of morons.

Skikkiks

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9sO3cjS.jpg[/IMG]

(initial) wave 4 complet

not pictured: splatoon 3 pack in the closet

ness wario and pac man unboxed because I got them a month ago from GAME

Guessing the Target site is BSing me being able to add Jigglypuff to the cart. (About 6 attempts to check out have failed lol)

Says the Target nearest to me has it in stock but it'll take me about 45 minutes to get there...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At my Target, someone came out & was all "OKAY, so the limit is 1 character per customer, but you can grab more than 1 character if you want, so if you can calmly come to the back of the store, we should have more than enough for everyone." & thankfully, everyone walked in a single file line to the section, plus they had more behind the counter after the ones they put out were taken.

After saying the limit, they also mentioned they had no Robin or Lucina which was a bit disappointing (& puzzling. How did my GS get one of each & my Meijer THREE of each??).

Had a late start to my Amiibo run and went to two targets. First was packed with people so I left to the one on the "bad side" of Fresno. Met some cool people in line and I ended up being 6th in line. Tbh the way this target handled today was amazing. Had all the Amiibo behind the electronics counter and had 3 checkouts staffed. With that said I managed to get everybody I was missing including Robin and Lucina! :D

Silver Mario amiibo is so common.... I think I might return mine. I regret getting it over jiggly for trade fodder. Fuck me I was drunk with happiness from snagging Lucina.

Kilau

I love seeing all the successful amiibo hunts. Scalpers were certainly out in force but the stores were on top of the limit 1 so that helped a lot.

So I waited outside one of my two local Targets at 7:40am, 8th in line. An employee walks out with tickets at 7:50am, and announces a strict limit of 2 of each character per person.

He said they didn't get any Lucina or Robin in stock, but had limited quantities of everything else.

A mother with three kids in the front of the line each ask for two of every one available. Bam, Jigglypuff was gone already. I left the line at that point to head to my other Target, and got there at 8:05am.

These employees were clearly morons who likely couldn't read the purchase limit memo. They were only allowing customers to purchase two Amiibo TOTAL, hahaha.

This happened to me, they only let me buy two. I chose the Splatoon pack and Charizard. I waited in line for Wario at BBY.

I love seeing all the successful amiibo hunts. Scalpers were certainly out in force but the stores were on top of the limit 1 so that helped a lot.

I didn't even think about the fact of who might be a sclaper or not, wonder how many of them there were?

Overall, I was really impressed with the inventory that was still left and the fact that people weren't acting crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom