• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand not wanting to pay the shipping, but there is no tax. If you don't have a Lucina yet, I would jump. It's $4 now rather than $who-knows-what later.

Edit: Looks like she's gone.

Shauni

So, I hesitant to tell this story, because I feel like it comes off like I'm not-so-stealthy bragging on myself, but this is probably the craziest amiibo story I've personally experienced.

So I'm really lucky in that in my town don't seem to know/care/want amiibo enough to line up and stuff for them. Anyway, I got to Gamestop at opening because I happened to be in town to see if I could snag a Silver Mario. Only one other person was there, and I chatted with him for a second before they opened the shutters and he said he just got there.

They had the amiibos out on pegs, and the stock was a bit lol as we've come to expect. They had a decent amount of Silver Mario (8) and quite a bit of Pac Man (10-12, 2 full pegs of them), 3 Ness, 2 Inking Girls and Boys, 1 Splatoon triple pack, 4 Charizard, and 1 Wario. No FE characters in sight.

I grabbed my Silver Mario, and chatted with the other dude for a second who grabbed a Charizard, Silver Mario, and the lone Wario. As this guy go towards the counter to pay, I stay looking at the figures to see what they look like since none of mine has come in the mail yet.

So, perfectly normal little situation, right?

Well, about this time, I hear this big banging noise. I look back and at the door is this fat fuck who has slammed the door forward as hard as possible. A very stereotypical neck beard looking guy, and this fucker charges the amiibo section, and I mean this in the most literal sense, he just ran toward the section full speed, and this fucker knocks me down into the floor. No shit, he basically rams me to get to these figures. He then does a straight line for the counter, bumps the other guy who was there before me, and knocks all of the amiibos he's carrying into the floor.

So, that's bad enough as is, but there's a few things that make this worst. The first is that yesterday I took a tumble on my bicycle so that side of my body was bruised up. The second is that, as I mentioned above, there's literally only two people in this Gamestop at this point so there's no need to bum rush like that. The thing that puts the nail in the coffin, the amiibo this fat fucker just had to have to the point of knocking people down? Pac-man! The figure you could clearly see was plentiful (the amiibo section is right beside the door at this Gamestop).

Well anyway, in a kind of 'you never know how you're going to react until you're in the situation', I was pretty enraged. Ran up to the guy as he was getting to the counter, pulled him around and told him I expected an apology. Man, the dude just seemed whacked out, he was looking around, eyes darting all over the fucking place. It's like...I don't know, like he was being attacked by bees or something shit. Just made me madder, swear to god I was about to hit the guy. The manager who was working the counter finally spoke up and told the guy who couldn't act like that in here, so the fat guy mumbles some sorries and puts the Pac-man down on the counter. After the manager scans it, dude throws down a twenty from his wallet, grabs the thing in a hug and just bum rushes to the door (while almost knocking me down again) without waiting for his change or receipt or anything.

Well, anyway, know this is a long story and all, but figured some of you amiibros would enjoy it. Such a bizarre happening.

VICI0US

Half the stores around me didn't even get Robin, and the ones that did said they got like 1 figure.

Fucking Nintendo

yeah, the FE amiibo supply is just ridiculous. especially considering they're one of the few that have a meaningful function outside of smash (code name steam)

4 targets in my area, all got 4 robin/lucina

1 TRU, got 12 of each

we have about 6 gamestops who got between 0-1 per store

no idea what walmart got, but I'm sure it wasn't many

all together probably less than 50 of each figure in a town of almost 500,000. insane.

Somnid

Put down for a Silver Mario on Tiger Direct as a backup but I hope I can cancel it. Their shipping blows, $4+ dollars to get it 2 weeks from now?

whatyearisit.gif

Put down for a Silver Mario on Tiger Direct as a backup but I hope I can cancel it. Their shipping blows, $4+ dollars to get it 2 weeks from now?

whatyearisit.gif

Yeah their "Cheap" shipping is 4-9 days but on my order status it says:

Reg Order Process - Credit Card Verification Done. Your order is in process at our warehouse.

is that what it says for your order? I figure this, I have nothing to lose, if amazon posts it and I can get one I will cancel this one

So, judging by my area, Silver Mario is going to be just as difficult to get as Gold was, only instead of being limited to one store, it's limited at all of them.

So, I hesitant to tell this story, because I feel like it comes off like I'm not-so-stealthy bragging on myself, but this is probably the craziest amiibo story I've personally experienced.

Well, anyway, know this is a long story and all, but figured some of you amiibros would enjoy it. Such a bizarre happening.
Sorry that happened to you. That's a good story to tell, though. Lol that he didn't even grab his change and left the same way he came.

Might as well post it here too

Did a two day round around the city.

4 shops with Amiibo.
The store I ordered the Splatoon LE + inkling girl/boy amiibo from told me they would only get one boy and one girl inkling. Nothing more. And I wasn't the first for them.
They got 10 LE Splatoon though. Got my LE here.

Luckily. One other shop had inkling amiibo. Got the last Boy and Girl inkling. No restock either. It's back to wave 1 + luigi and diddy here.

To be fair. The other stores did get Splatoon LE.
The inklings and Smash amiibo are nowhere here anymore though.

So I'm really lucky in that in my town don't seem to know/care/want amiibo enough to line up and stuff for them. Anyway, I got to Gamestop at opening because I happened to be in town to see if I could snag a Silver Mario. Only one other person was there, and I chatted with him for a second before they opened the shutters and he said he just got there.

They had the amiibos out on pegs, and the stock was a bit lol as we've come to expect. They had a decent amount of Silver Mario (8) and quite a bit of Pac Man (10-12, 2 full pegs of them), 3 Ness, 2 Inking Girls and Boys, 1 Splatoon triple pack, 4 Charizard, and 1 Wario. No FE characters in sight.

I grabbed my Silver Mario, and chatted with the other dude for a second who grabbed a Charizard, Silver Mario, and the lone Wario. As this guy go towards the counter to pay, I stay looking at the figures to see what they look like since none of mine has come in the mail yet.

So, perfectly normal little situation, right?

Well, about this time, I hear this big banging noise. I look back and at the door is this fat fuck who has slammed the door forward as hard as possible. A very stereotypical neck beard looking guy, and this fucker charges the amiibo section, and I mean this in the most literal sense, he just ran toward the section full speed, and this fucker knocks me down into the floor. No shit, he basically rams me to get to these figures. He then does a straight line for the counter, bumps the other guy who was there before me, and knocks all of the amiibos he's carrying into the floor.

So, that's bad enough as is, but there's a few things that make this worst. The first is that yesterday I took a tumble on my bicycle so that side of my body was bruised up. The second is that, as I mentioned above, there's literally only two people in this Gamestop at this point so there's no need to bum rush like that. The thing that puts the nail in the coffin, the amiibo this fat fucker just had to have to the point of knocking people down? Pac-man! The figure you could clearly see was plentiful (the amiibo section is right beside the door at this Gamestop).

Well anyway, in a kind of 'you never know how you're going to react until you're in the situation', I was pretty enraged. Ran up to the guy as he was getting to the counter, pulled him around and told him I expected an apology. Man, the dude just seemed whacked out, he was looking around, eyes darting all over the fucking place. It's like...I don't know, like he was being attacked by bees or something shit. Just made me madder, swear to god I was about to hit the guy. The manager who was working the counter finally spoke up and told the guy who couldn't act like that in here, so the fat guy mumbles some sorries and puts the Pac-man down on the counter. After the manager scans it, dude throws down a twenty from his wallet, grabs the thing in a hug and just bum rushes to the door (while almost knocking me down again) without waiting for his change or receipt or anything.

Damn, wonder if the $20 was fake. Sorry you got charged like that. Get what you wanted?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
yeah, the FE amiibo supply is just ridiculous. especially considering they're one of the few that have a meaningful function outside of smash (code name steam)

4 targets in my area, all got 4 robin/lucina

1 TRU, got 12 of each

we have about 6 gamestops who got between 0-1 per store

no idea what walmart got, but I'm sure it wasn't many

all together probably less than 50 of each figure in a town of almost 500,000. insane.

Pretty much the same for me. Similar #s and population.

FFS Nintendo

RootCause

Um so I ordered from tiger direct, but I didn't have an account so I used the Amazon checkout thingy. How do i check the status of the order? Hell it seems it automatically filled in the info with my Amazon account, but I have no idea what I just did. Lol I don't have an account, and I haven't received an email. I do have a screenshot of the order.

Um so I ordered from tiger direct, but I didn't have an account so I used the Amazon checkout thingy. How do i check the status of the order? Hell it seems it automatically filled in the info with my Amazon account, but I have no idea what I just did. Lol I don't have an account, and I haven't received an email. I do have a screenshot of the order.

Hey there..I would just try to go on tigerdirect, put in your order number and email address that you used, and see what happens..for me on order status it says this:
Reg Order Process - Credit Card Verification Done. Your order is in process at our warehouse.
its 4-9 days for delivery LOL but at this point, who cares..but will see what happens with amazon later on

Haha, I was in such a tizzy while ordering I didn't even see Amazon checkout. I'm surprised I had time to create an account and still check out. But yeah, try what the above poster said.

NNPGiU1.jpg

My Robin arrived much earlier than I expected! On that note, I'd gladly trade this for a Rosalina (lol) or a King Dedede (probably more reasonable). Hopefully Ness and Lucina will come in on Monday.

MADGAME

$17.11 for an Amiibo with Tiger Direct is quite reasonable. Hope no one seriously passed on $4 shipping to try their luck on Amazon.

I do have a feeling cancellations are imminent, she was up way too long.

LiK

$17.11 for an Amiibo with Tiger Direct is quite reasonable. Hope no one seriously passed on $4 shipping to try their luck on Amazon.

I do have a feeling cancellations are imminent, she was up way too long.

I was surprised Robin sold out before her

I was surprised Robin sold out before her

Robin has been the first to sell out everywhere around here which is opposite when they went onsale online (albeit by a minute or 2 haha) but that has surprised me as well.

EDIT: MY INTERNET IS BACK UP!!! THANK YOU AMIIBOGODS

NDPsycho

My Robin arrived much earlier than I expected! On that note, I'd gladly trade this for a Rosalina (lol) or a King Dedede (probably more reasonable). Hopefully Ness and Lucina will come in on Monday.

I sent you a PM. I missed out at every store for Lucina and Robin. On that note, if this is already gone and anyone else has either to trade (they don't have to be NA). I have NA boxed Pit, Capt. Falcon or Rosalina to offer.

I just got back from GameStop and Wal-Mart. I got the last remaining Wario & Pac-Man from GameStop. They had 2 Inklings left and 4 Silver Mario. I already have the 3 pack amiibo, and I wasn't interested in Silver Mario. I asked about Ness, but apparently some drama happened about an hour earlier. The cashier was just as annoyed as I was, but apparently they were enforcing a 1 per customer and some scalper made a huge scene.

An interesting note, though, is that Wal-Mart hadn't got their stock in yet. The woman in that department knew exactly what I was talking about and even said, "I know they were supposed to come out today, but we didn't get our shipment in." She said to call back tonight, but she thinks that the shipment will be on tonights truck and they should be ready to go tomorrow. Just in case anyone was hunting and is in the Azusa, California area.

Memles

Haven't been Amiibo hunting regularly, but had to run an errand today anyway and figured I'd check to see what the situation looked like.

Target was all picked over except for Pac-Man (who I saw plenty of at the three stores I visited), Gamespot had plenty of Silver Mario, Pac-Man, and the Squid Boy/Girl, and then Best Buy had a Charizard, a few Wario, a couple silver Mario, plenty of Pac-Man, Squid Boy/Girl, and then a couple of Squid 3-Packs. Since I'd made a (silly) deal with myself I'd pick up the game if they had 3-packs, I was in for the full set.

Given how close together these stores all were, seems that the local population was such that they stripped Target clean, but not large enough they waited for other stores to open later in the morning.

Seems like Ness/Robin/Lucina were the only ones that were impossible to get today without a preorder.

The rest seemed to have many for non preorders but you would have had to line up today. Such as Jigglypuff and such

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Got a Silver Mario Amiibo from GameStop. The last one. How rare is it?

Edit: Well he didn't look to rare. But grabbed him just in case.

He's everywhere in good quantities. Probably will still sell out after today and never see a restock, heh. (Gold Mario never got restocked, so...)

RootCause

Hey there..I would just try to go on tigerdirect, put in your order number and email address that you used, and see what happens..for me on order status it says this:
its 4-9 days for delivery LOL but at this point, who cares..but will see what happens with amazon later on
I'm guessing it used my Amazon email, but everytime I enter the info it says wrong billing zip code.
Must be in limbo. Guess I would have to call cs to cancel or check up on the order.

CKD5989

Got back from TRU in Mission Viejo CA. Had everyone but Robin and Lucina and in great supply too. Check it out if you're in SoCal.

I'm guessing it used my Amazon email, but everytime I enter the info it says wrong billing zip code.
Must be in limbo. Guess I would have to call cs to cancel or check up on the order.

yeah give them a call, give them your order number and see what happens..let us all know what they say..I already have Pac man but I want to watch and see what happens when it goes live, how long it takes to sell out will give us an idea about lucina and robin

Seems like Ness/Robin/Lucina were the only ones that were impossible to get today without a preorder.

The rest seemed to have many for non preorders but you would have had to line up today. Such as Jigglypuff and such

Have to disagree. People in amiibo groups im in have gone later than me and still got stuff. Ness was usually around 1 per gamestop but hardly any lines, robin and lucina usally had 4 per store. If you REALLY wanted it you could have got one.

Velcro Fly

Silver Mario that I posted last night shipped

Dude had 130 and sold a ton of them at like 12.99 or 13.99 before raising the price slightly a few times.

Hard to call that a scalper although someone literally bought 39 at once from him at a low price.

cajunator

Banned
Hello. I havent bought an amiibo untilan hourago on a whim.
went to Gamestop around 3 pm tosee if they had Splatoon in stock.
the cashier is like "do you want an inkling amiibo with it? I looked in back they had a dozen inkling amiibos mostly the girl.
so I picked one up. They are just sitting there unsold.
I thought these things go quickly but I guess they can still be found. I could have bought at least six inkling girls lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom