• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Converse

Banned
What the hell? Did I just completely un-luck out? All I wanted this morning was a Splatoon three pack. Or, barring that, the Inkling Girl and Boy. Showed up at Target at 8 a.m. to a line going out the parking lot. Waited in line, all the three packs were sold out. Then all the Inkling Girls were taken. I left with the very last Inkling Boy (all they had left were piles of Silver Mario and Pac-Man). Went across town to Toys R Us 15 minutes before they opened, and there was another line extending out to the parking lot -- about 30 or more people. I went home, pretty damn frustrated.

At least I have sweet, sweet Splatoon and a, um, water gun. Thanks, Target.

Got my splatoon 3 pack in the mail today, got a shipping notification on my ness, and was able to snag a pac man at target. All I need is a wario and I have everything I want from this wave.

Edit: I also got the splatoon water gun at target, heh

shanafan

Also I was shocked to see a Majora's Mask 3DS at Best Buy

Guess there was a small reprint?

My brother works at Best Buy, and they get in like 1 a month. He said they usually put it at the very back in their 3DS case so little kids who ask for it can get it.

Walmart emailed me back, said that my orders experienced an error and got stuck in processing. They never processed correctly so the items are all sold out and none were allocated to me. Awesome.

If anyone has Walmart orders stuck in processing still you're probably not getting them. Email them and find out what's up. They didn't even offer me anything for my trouble, pretty irritated.

I have 2 Lucina stuck in Processing status, one each in two separate orders from 4/22. I just called and a CS rep said they are expected to ship today and should arrive by Wed. June 3. Makes sense, I ordered those with the super value shipping just to make sure I got them. I then ordered a Charizard that day and took an extra second during checkout to find that I could select a faster free shipping option. That seems to be why Charizard shipped first and Lucina(s) are still pending. I recommend calling walmart.com (1-800-966-6546).

HardRojo

BTW is a badly-painted belly Charizard common in the US? There seemed to be some of them here in Peru and people returned them. Fortunately mine is fine.

BTW is a badly-painted belly Charizard common in the US? There seemed to be some of them here in Peru and people returned them. Fortunately mine is fine.

I saw some today with clean edges around the belly and some with blurry edges. Some had little color on the face, some had a bright orange spot on the nostrils, some had bright orange between the eyes. All of the claws seemed well done though. My first of 3 just arrived in my mailbox. I'm about to retrieve it.

Mr_Joe

I know we're all busy with Wave 4 insanity, but I just got word that the Shulk I ordered from the reprint finally shipped. Any other input, or was mine just late?

Went to my local gamestop around 9:30 and there were about 3 people ahead of me. I had already pre-ordered a Wario amiibo a few weeks ago, so it was ready for me to pick up and it was paid off. When it was close to 10:00 a.m., the employee let us in and I got Wario, Silver Mario, Pac-Man and the Splatoon three pack amiibos. A good day.

HardRojo

I saw some today with clean edges around the belly and some with blurry edges. Some had little color on the face, some had a bright orange spot on the nostrils, some had bright orange between the eyes. All of the claws seemed well done though. My first of 3 just arrived in my mailbox. I'm about to retrieve it.

I should have taken a picture. The paint job was bad so I wasn't surprised people returned them.

nubcake

Neo Member
OMG. I just got confirmation for my Shulk, it's finally shipping!

hR5dPjNAQMfx.gif

I got every wave 4 amiibo today GAF :D. I'm keeping Pac and Charizard and the rest are going to my siblings. Nintendo needs to quit abusing Fire emblem though and a scumbag tried to confront me because I purchased two Jigglypuffs. I guess I should try Amazon for my own Awakening set.

I have 2 Lucina stuck in Processing status, one each in two separate orders from 4/22. I just called and a CS rep said they are expected to ship today and should arrive by Wed. June 3. Makes sense, I ordered those with the super value shipping just to make sure I got them. I then ordered a Charizard that day and took an extra second during checkout to find that I could select a faster free shipping option. That seems to be why Charizard shipped first and Lucina(s) are still pending. I recommend calling walmart.com (1-800-966-6546).

They already cancelled my order and I went out to Meijer to buy Pacman and Charizard. Hopefully they don't rectify it and actually ship at this point because I would just have to sell them!

I'm surprised Toys R Us got so many. 52 Greninja is nuts! Versus 1 Ness @ GameStop.

Was able to snag jiggly, silver Mario and Greninja pretty easily. Robin and Lucina were the only hard ones to get. Silver Mario might have been the easiest our of all.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Half the stores around me didn't even get Robin, and the ones that did said they got like 1 figure.

Fucking Nintendo

Yarbskoo

Just got Inkling Girl in the mail.

Her head's even more watermelon shaped than I remember.
FbZMf5e.png

A shot of the packaging before I tear into it:
ihqNeO7.png

So I wasn't able to check out TRU during my lunch break and now I gotta wait until I attend a Graduation before I can think of checking out TRU. I just hope Greninja doesn't sell out by then. ;-;

Gonna try for Robin and Lucina from Amazon today... Ugh.

Though if anyone has both of those figures, I have a $25 Amazon (US) giftcard for trade and can pay extra.

Just got confirmation on mine too, except I had already gotten one and was intending on using it for trade.

Would I be looked at as a dirty scalper here if I said I'll probably sell it on eBay?

Depends who you ask. And for how much you ask. What did you intend to receive in trade? I still need Shulk.

Some scattered reports of Best Buys getting Metaknight. Might be worth a look.

I asked the two Best Buys I visited today and was told none were available today and none are expected.

I should have taken a picture. The paint job was bad so I wasn't surprised people returned them.

I just got my first of three Charizard. The claws and fangs are perfect as well as the eyes, mouth and bit of orange accent at the ridge where his nose furls at his eyes. The belly line could be a teensy bit neater but overall it's very well done. The one thing I did notice seems to be a little bit of sloppiness where the wings peak on top. Some blue lines are distinct and some blue paint bleeds. This Charizard has one of each (and one overpainted claw).

http://slickdeals.net/f/7888091-wav...-+Control+-+Control+-+Default+minus+Deal+Talk

Tiger Direct Wave 4. Go!

Just ordered another Lucina that hopefully shows up in better shape than the one I got from TRU (employee bent the corner of the box as she flung it into the bag. Didn't realize til after.)

I'll gladly trade the other if this comes through. I know alot of you open yours so the bent corner won't be a big deal. Maybe?

Thanks! Got Lucina and Charizard. Robin sold out.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7888091-wav...-+Control+-+Control+-+Default+minus+Deal+Talk

Tiger Direct Wave 4. Go!

Just ordered another Lucina that hopefully shows up in better shape than the one I got from TRU (employee bent the corner of the box as she flung it into the bag. Didn't realize til after.)

I'll gladly trade the other if this comes through. I know alot of you open yours so the bent corner won't be a big deal. Maybe?

Whoo! Just got Lucina and Charizard. Now for Robin.

Beartruck

Went to Target 8am this morning to find 25 people ahead of me, but I was still able to get my Pac-man and girl inkling figs. I grabbed a jigglypuff too for trades later. Good haul in all.

rjinaz

Tiger Direct Wave 4. Go!

Robin gone. Lucina still up. Going to pass, the shipping is a bit high for me.

Velinos

Tiger Direct Wave 4. Go!

Got Lucina thank you..Robin I could not buy..with tigerdirect they do NOT charge sales tax to California but I still had to pay
Order Total: $17.29
cause of the shipping but its OK but I will see what happens later on today with amazon and I can always cancel the order

rjinaz

Silver Mario rare? My hastings has like 4 of them after I got one.

Looks like it will be uncommon to rare but it really does seem like there is a lot of them. They'll sell out, of that I have no doubt, but I don't think they will be sought after and likely will hover around $30-35 on ebay.

Boogiepop

Tiger Direct Wave 4. Go!

How reliable is Tiger Direct? And is it easy to cancel an order with them if need be? Placed a Lucina to be on the safe side, though I still want to try for Amazon for the security and better price.

How reliable is Tiger Direct? And is it easy to cancel an order with them if need be? Placed a Lucina to be on the safe side, though I still want to try for Amazon for the security and better price.

Ive ordered a computer monitor from TigerDirect before a Viewsonic Im using it right now and Ive had it for two years, so I only know about electronic items and NOT amiibos I assume its fine..wish the shipping were free but oh well what can ya do..will also try for amazon later and see what happens

I think they're pretty reliable. I know people that ordered a bunch of PC parts from them back in the day. As for Amiibo, no idea, but I'm guessing they have their stock by now so hopefully no oversell.

Glad I could help, amiigos. Thanks to Danthrax in the LINE group for posting it first.

Hopefully their cancellation policy is good. If I can snag a Lucina off Amazon I would MUCH rather do that. So much cheaper. But at least I have one now either way (hopefully!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom