• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
If I had a bit of time I'd post some images, but I'll wait until my shipments of the rest come in. and I've got more time. I opened up a bunch of them now too- way more space opens up when you do. Only left Villager, Rosie and Shulk packaged because of my current setup.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Amiibros, This is a true story.

So I'm out filming a few spots for an Amiibo hunting video for my youtube channel. I don't collect much, but I've got some friends who do. (Saw plenty of Pac-Man, 1 Silver Mario, 1 Ink Boy, that was it)
I'm finally done at the last store, and I'm walking out to my car. This older guy walking in spots me and says "excuse me". I stop because I'm polite, maybe he just wants to know what time it is.

He starts digging in his pockets and goes "Will you take this pamphlet and learn about your relationship with God?"

I roll my eyes and start to continue to my car.
He gives this kind of "is that how it is?" look.
I turn around and say "Amiibo"
He manages to say "...what"
I point and yell "AMIIBO IS LIFE"

I have never seen someone look more confused.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
"W-wait, I'm an amiibo too, honest! Why are you all staring at me like that?"

quViKNA.jpg

RobbieNick

I got the last Splatoon 3-pack from Best Buy. I went to Gamestop to pick up my preordered copy of Splatoon and they still had the single figure inklings, Pac-Man, Charlizard and tons of Sliver Mario. In fact, silver Mario wasn't selling out anywhere.

I'd like to give a thank you to the West Covina Best Buy line for being real polite and not rushing in the store. The BB staff had all extra Amiibo at the customer service counter and it was on of each per customer.

Casually walked into Best Buy 45 minutes after they opened and was able to snag the last Silver Mario. No more Robin/Lucina but all the rest were there.

Jawmuncher

So disappointed about Jiggs. Goes online as I'm driving to target which was OOS. Like damn what a shitty double whammy.

They had a ton of Pac, Wario, and Splatoon stuff though......which I didn't want.

ghostmind

Well, thanks to my son I am joining your ranks today.

Picked up Wario, Pacman and Greninja at TRU this morning.

Crowd of around 50 people at opening. Wasn't much left by the time I was leaving.

VICI0US

Welp Target was almost horrible

I actually liked the way both target and the TRU I went to handled it.

target manager came out about 15 minutes before opening and explained the process. they had amiibo on a cart all ready to go up front at the service desk, directed us to walk in in a single file line. anyone running or trying to skip would be kicked out. they limited people to 2 amiibo per purchase, after your first purchase you can go to the end of the line to purchase 2 more.

the look on the face of the unkempt neckbeard types at the front of the line who had been loudly talking about buying 2 of everything was priceless.

I was about 12th in line, so of course by the time I got up there robin and lucina were gone, but I picked jigglypuff and charizard for my two and headed over to TRU.

TRU had associates come out with tickets about 15 minutes before opening, went down the line and offered you a ticket for whatever they had left in their hands. I was about 25th or so in line there, so missed out on robin/lucina again but they had more than enough greninjas for the whole line, I think about 80 in total for the 60 or so people lined up.

could've been worse, but I REALLY, REALLY hope NOA is done with retailer exclusives after this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, so I FINALLY get home after so many hours in town & class to discover the Fox my friend sent me a few days ago (for free) has finally arrived.

But now I've got a bunch of rearranging to deal with to figure out how I want to display Pac-Man & Fox, then Ness & hopefully Robin, Lucina, & Little Mac.

HardRojo

ohiiQQy.png

Final haul for today. Some people here in Peru (according to my experience and what my friends told m) bought the whole Wave at once lol. Shit's crazy.
Smash Luigi is somewhat rare here and one unit arrived so I decided to grab one. I'll get Pac-Man next week since he seems to be pretty common around here.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Scored a Splatoon three pack and Wario at Toy's r Us around 2pm. There were five three packs left, some of the boy and girl singles and a lot of pac man left. I got the last Wario. I didn't see any others. It's the TRU by the Stonecrest mall outside of Atlanta for anyone in the area. The Best Buy next to it had one boy and girl and three Warios when I popped in after going to TRU.

At the TRU the three packs where on an Amibo end cap by the registers rather than in the Amiibo section in gaming. The boy and and girl singles where there too. Wario and Pacman were in gaming.

Xamdou

Have extra US Shiek and Toad, would rather sell em as a bundle so $22 shipped. Will accept Amazon gift card or Paypal Gift.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Today was a good day... I guess I'm a hero in the Amiibo world, since I take the "broken boxes", aka, the boxes with a SLIGHT bend/crease on them that everyone passes by. I was asked if I wanted the "damaged" Jiggly and when I was it it was SO minor! I was like "yeah, sure". As long as I can take a good photo before I open it up, why not? :p

Stopped by Best Buy to grab Splatoon, only had Pac Mans left. Gonna stop by TRU and see if they have the three pack but I imagine I'll just contend with Amazon.

LONG STORY SHORT..I live in LA, this morning I got up, saw that Jigglypuff was supposedly on Targets site, I kept on trying to order it, it wouldnt work..tried for over an hour my back was killing me being on the laptop, it just wouldnt work so I said F it and I called Target near my house, they had PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of Jigglypuff and Silver Mario, I asked the manager to PLEASE PLEASE WITH A CHERRY hold it for me and he did, so I took the bus over there and I got them both..no lucina or robin in stock but I will try to get those later, Im just happy at least for now I got SOMETHING

So with wave 4 in the books does anyone honestly expect Wave 5 will be just Dark Pit and Palutena? I'm guessing Nintendo will reveal more at E3 as retail exclusives (since this wave's retail exclusives weren't announced until the last Direct)

My guesses?

Falco - Best Buy
G&W - TRU
Duck Hunt - Target
ROB - GameStop

Pompadour

So with wave 4 in the books does anyone honestly expect Wave 5 will be just Dark Pit and Palutena? I'm guessing Nintendo will reveal more at E3 as retail exclusives (since this wave's retail exclusives weren't announced until the last Direct)

My guesses?

Falco - Best Buy
G&W - TRU
Duck Hunt - Target
ROB - GameStop

Not SSB but I expect Super Mario Wave 2 will be announced.

Went to the local WM around 12, and discovered profound sadness. Asked an employee, and he said all they got were some Silver Marios (gone when I got there) and some Charizards (still on the shelf).

Probably gonna have to find a bigger city if I want Robin or Lucina

Ibuki

Banned
I really need to look into an amiibo display the next time I get payed. I have them all on a closet shelf right now, but I'm starting to run out of room.

I went to pick up my Greninja from the April in-store pre-orders and they still had about 8 of them just sitting there! This was at 1:00pm. I was shocked!

//ARCANUM

Can someone at one of those packed Toys R Us's please please pick me up a Greninja and ship it to me (Austin, TX)? I will of course cover all the expenses. My toys r us was barren. :(

dcx4610

Picked up Pac-Man during lunch at Gamestop and there were 2 left. Also lots of Silver Marios. I was told Ness sold out instantly. Looks like Pac and Mario will be fairly common.

Boogiepop

Anyone have the direct links for Amazon for Lucina and Robin for where they'll actually show up, versus the scalper stuff? I seem to recall this being a thing that I need to prepare for when they go live, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?

So the mad fat dude at Target cursed out one of the employees for like 20 minutes because they left Lucina, Robin and Wario sitting at the display instead of behind the counter. The Team Members weren't about to try to remove the amiibo from guests' hands. He was late getting in line at TRU because they refunded him for his 1 Jigglypuff and 1 Silver Mario, handed him a second Jigglypuff and he walked out with all three for FREE. Or so he says. I believe they let him buy another Jigglypuff and he made up that story. Poor girl, she was just following the store's policy of one each and explaining that the "place in line" tickets did not guarantee availability of any character. It's times like that that embarrass amiibo hunters.

Hope mine are packed neatly like that.

That appears to be the shipping container they arrive in at retailers. My last Best Buy amiibo order of Peach, Toad and Luigi (SM series) came in one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom