• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendX48

this about sums up how I feel, and some others as well I suppose

xjsz6LN.gif

LiK

I feel bad for their chat people right now. The wrath that's probably being unleashed on them for something they have zero control over :/

oh yea, i think the way their system put it up without Prime at first probably screwed over many buyers. i'm expecting plenty of Amazon credit to be handed out today.

You know how we know Nintendo hasn't done anything to make the situation better? They reprint Marth, and only 4 units showed up at my local major Toys R Us. ONLY FOUR UNITS!?!?!?!? How can they make the reprint so scarce when they're reprinting because of demand?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well my brother got 2 Meta Knights and now he's seeking a Lucina for me. PLS NINTENDO GODS I BOUGHT SPLATOON LIKE A GOOD BOY.

LOL, all the ridiculously priced marketplace Lucinas are selling out now ;_;

Nintendo by far. No excuse for undershipping things this badly.

We've been saying this the whole time yet when the numbers came out they shipped more than half of all they've produced to the USA... and we're still importing!

Zubz

Banned
Less than a minute? I know Nintendo's paranoid about having a surplus of stock sit on shelves, but they'd still be running low on units if they tripled their output of Amiibos. This was the first set produced after Nintendo saw how quickly these things flew off the shelves; why are they still sticking with these low outputs?

Sandfox

That was a super tense minute though trying to race to checkout lol

I used that one link posted in the wave 4 thread and as soon as it popped up started clicking like crazy and fixed the shipping options after the fact lol.

Less than a minute? I know Nintendo's paranoid about having a surplus of stock sit on shelves, but they'd still be running low on units if they tripled their output of Amiibos. This was the first set produced after Nintendo saw how quickly these things flew off the shelves; why are they still sticking with these low outputs?

Before it was being blamed on the strike preventing them from bringing over bigger numbers, but now Nintendo is saying that they're planning on increasing things. I don't know what is really going on right now though.

Lunarian

Neo Member
I was spamming refresh the entire 30 minutes and never saw her go up. I don't get how some of you people actually saw her go live. Hacks? Seriously wtf -_-

You know how we know Nintendo hasn't done anything to make the situation better? They reprint Marth, and only 4 units showed up at my local major Toys R Us. ONLY FOUR UNITS!?!?!?!? How can they make the reprint so scarce when they're reprinting because of demand?

Lol, they're not trying to meet demand. They're trying to keep hope alive for all of us. So we don't lose interest. Remember what Trinen said, "Don't miss out!"

//ARCANUM

I can confirm that changing your shipping off of what it is and then back to 2 day will indeed remove the shipping charge on Lucina if you're Prime.

I had two browser tabs open: one on the main page, and then another on the Buying Choices page with the All tab active. Once I saw the post she was up, I tried refreshing several times on both pages and it never showed up. However, when I clicked on See all buying options from the main page, it finally pulled in the Amazon data. I refreshed the other pages again, and it still wasn't there, while the other page still had it listed. Some weird behavior going on when it's refreshing the seller lists.

Gameboy415

Refreshed the main Lucina page on Amazon for 30 minutes straight and didn't see the option to order pop up at all, blah.
I think I'll just try to get a loose one on eBay once the hype dies down a bit. :S

Marvie_3

Banned
LOL, all the ridiculously priced marketplace Lucinas are selling out now ;_;

We've been saying this the whole time yet when the numbers came out they shipped more than half of all they've produced to the USA... and we're still importing!

Which means that even though the US is getting most of them, they're still way behind on supply.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I was spamming refresh the entire 30 minutes and never saw her go up. I don't get how some of you people actually saw her go live. Hacks? Seriously wtf -_-

I refreshed this thread and saw someone say she was up, then I refreshed the Amazon "All" page and saw nothing, so I went to her main page, then back to the seller page and got her. :p

gXpsGmYl.jpg
. Check it out!

After striking out at target this morning, I reminded my younger brother that today was Amiibogeddon.

He then went to his local target and snagged the last jiggs. On his way to meet me he ran in to a random off the path GameStop. They had one of everything! He already had ness so I got a ness and either the Robin or Lucina are for me. The other I am supposed to trade for an Ike. Now I gotta work that out...

Ha, now that all hope is gone the cheapest Lucina is $70. I fucking hate you Nintendo.

Sell me your things

It seems more are constantly popping up from different sellers. I'm still seeing a bunch in the $40-50 range.

Edit: What the hell? Nevermind. They won't add to cart. They disappear and reappear from the listings page too.

Lunarian

Neo Member
Fortunately Gamestop pulled through for me and shipped my 6 pack of wave 4 but I wanted to get a second Lucina for trading purposes. I'm still missing some older waves...Guess the scalpers win again. GG

Just change the shipping to 1 day and then back to 2 day

They are. My Lucina is paired with 2-day prime shipping. It just wasn't available at the start.
Thanks. I'm stuck on mobile so I sent them an email. I can't believe my order went through, I was on a train heading under water (LIRR); I sent the link to the Amazon app and placed my order right as my cell connection cut off. Couldn't have scripted it better.

Adamator

What's a good thread here to go to for amiibo trading? I'm going to have to trade it seems. Would the buy/sell thread be the way to go?

HardRojo

After finishing the Smash series, Nintendo should take a break for at least a year and restock the unicorns and rares along with smaller sets they plan to release (be it Zelda, Metroid
lol
, Pokémon, whatever) before releasing another huge Amiibo set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom