• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I guess some people are just this desperate....

kQv6dU1.png
welp

MADGAME

According to a Reddit mod, Target will have Jiggles and Marth available online on 5/29. If you need them, at least there is an alternative chance to waiting in line.

Greetings once more!
As the final hours tick by, I come to you with even more information for you all to clamor over.

Target.com Information for 5/29
Jigglypuff will have ~5,500 units available
Marth will have ~3,800-4,000 units available
Pacman will have ~1,700-2,000 units available
Charizard will have ~1,500 units available
There you have it. Target.com will have some amiibo on 5/29! I do not know the all important question of when, but I'm going to assume it will be like Rosalina and show up around 8:00 a.m. PST.

Additional Target Tidbits
Right now only 40% of Target stores have received their amiibo, but that should ramp up dramatically over the course of today.
Jigglypuff is being shipped via UPS
~5,000 Jigglypuff have started shipping
~9,500 Jigglypuff preorders are still waiting to ship, but trucks are flowing smoothly

Update! My source has reached out with some clarification for other characters.
Anything not listed above means it is not in, or in transit to, a Fulfillment Center. Target.com will not sell them! Any character not listed above will only be available in-store!

http://hm.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/37gw6v/targetcom_information_for_529/

MADGAME

See my edit above, RootCause. I have no info they will be in-store only and changed my comment.

Edit on Reddit:

Update! My source has reached out with some clarification for other characters.
Anything not listed above means it is not in, or in transit to, a Fulfillment Center. Target.com will not sell them! Any character not listed above will only be available in-store!

My Jigglypuffs shipped last night right after I posted they hadn't. I called some stores this morning though and it seems I need to change my plans. One Target says they expect decent stock and will limit one per character per person but it's overcrowded with amiibo thirst. The off-the-beaten-path Target claims they only expect 2-3 Jigglypuff, etc. but will allow two per character per guest. They both said "no reservation tickets, free-for-all at the door." I don't know if I should trust this and go to work Thursday night or call in like I planned.

rjinaz

Just got charged for my BB pacman. Lucina and Robin weren't charged. Weird way to go about it BB, charge me 3 times from one order, but alrighty then.

kirby_fox

Banned
My Jigglypuffs shipped last night right after I posted they hadn't. I called some stores this morning though and it seems I need to change my plans. One Target says they expect decent stock and will limit one per character per person but it's overcrowded with amiibo thirst. The off-the-beaten-path Target claims they only expect 2-3 Jigglypuff, etc. but will allow two per character per guest. They both said "no reservation tickets, free-for-all at the door." I don't know if I should trust this and go to work Thursday night or call in like I planned.

You know you're going to call in...all of the Targets around here are going to have a ton of thirst unless you start going north a bit to the "rich" areas where I've not seen as much thirst.

Either way, I'll be hitting up some TRU and Gamestops. Is it bad that since I'm leaving town, I'm tempted to look up TRU stores that I could possibly hit up on the way to this wedding?

"Nah we'll be there on time for the wedding, I just have to stand in line for 2 hours to get this Ness amiibo real quick. You understand right?"

No movement on my Walmart Lucina or Charizard. No progress on my GameStop 6-pack.

You know you're going to call in...all of the Targets around here are going to have a ton of thirst unless you start going north a bit to the "rich" areas where I've not seen as much thirst.

Either way, I'll be hitting up some TRU and Gamestops. Is it bad that since I'm leaving town, I'm tempted to look up TRU stores that I could possibly hit up on the way to this wedding?

"Nah we'll be there on time for the wedding, I just have to stand in line for 2 hours to get this Ness amiibo real quick. You understand right?"

I was starting to consider hopping the river to try the Target by the other close TRU. Doesn't hurt that BB is there also in case Meta Knight does make a surprise appearance. I might just have to skip Target and head straight to TRU for Greninja and Silver Mario. I have all night tonight to make my decisions and prepare.

No, it's not bad to find stores en route to your destination. I used to drive my family nuts hitting nearly every Best Buy and Target from Vegas to San Diego. Besides, Ness is love. Ness is life.

rjinaz

So what time do we expect them to go up? Is 4:30AM EDT/1:30 AM PDT enough of a Fuck you to everyone, or is 1:30 AM PDT still somewhat acceptable?

Well Jiggly went live at 7am pdt or so. So, hopefully that time. I don't think Target has gone late night this wave.

MADGAME

So what time do we expect them to go up? Is 4:30AM EDT/1:30 AM PDT enough of a Fuck you to everyone, or is 1:30 AM PDT still somewhat acceptable?

I think that's anyone's guess, and a big variable. Last release day, I believe Rosalina went up around 11:30am CST, but also went up a couple more times throughout the day. I don't know what her online stock numbers were either, bumped up against the Marth/Jiggles stock posted above.

According to a Reddit mod, Target will have Jiggles and Marth available online on 5/29. If you need them, at least there is an alternative chance to waiting in line.

http://hm.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/37gw6v/targetcom_information_for_529/

I will be up super early on Friday, around 6am and just wait for them to appear..Jigglypuff and Marth and I will be satisfied..now if somehow amazon posts lucina and Robin and Silver Mario I will be happy too then I wont have to go to the store

bigkrev

Silver Mario pre-order is working on Target iOS app

It took a few tries, but it went through, and my account page shows the pre-order!

MicH

Got my Jiggs and Greninja on the way. I'm eagerly awaiting for your insane stories on the 29th, Americans!

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I just got a Silver Mario through the Target app as well. Weird that it's only working there but I'm not complaining.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Works on Android too! Got my Silver Mario!

YOU get a Silver Mario and YOU get a Silver Mario! EVERYONE gets a Silver Mario!

1up

Do you have to have a Target account to get this via the app or can you do checkout as a guest?

Nope, I did this as a guest.

Also if it doesn't work, there is no harm done. Its better to err on the side of it maybe working them not going in at all.

GO ON THE TARGET MOBILE APP, I just ordered the Silver Mario..it says THANK U FOR YOUR ORDER tried it like twenty times I hope it worked

Just got a confirmation email of the order: AND FREE SHIPPING TOO

subtotal: of 1 item(s) $12.99
discounts: -$0.65

REDcard 5% Discount
shipping: FREE

REDcard free shipping
tax: $1.11
your total: $13.45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom