• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks it won't be online. It all comes down to Amazon for Lucina, and Robin... unless B&H ships them.

Yeah waiting on amazon for lucina and robin since now I dont need Silver Mario anymore I Really hope the order doesnt get canceled..its not our fault they posted it..now I will keep my iPod Touch turned on just in case other goodies decide to pop up today..really want lucina and robin, I can live without Greninja, not going to take the bus to TRU for ONE amiibo, but if I can get Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin, and Marth online I am willing to forget Greninja

RootCause

Yeah waiting on amazon for lucina and robin since now I dont need Silver Mario anymore I Really hope the order doesnt get canceled..its not our fault they posted it..now I will keep my iPod Touch turned on just in case other goodies decide to pop up today..really want lucina and robin, I can live without Greninja, not going to take the bus to TRU for ONE amiibo, but if I can get Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin, and Marth online I am willing to forget Greninja
Don't think they will. They didn't cancel the guy that managed to get the entire wave 4 when they were putting it up. So that gives me hope. Im willing to make the drive since it's not far away. Wouldn't feel bad if that's all I miss. I can always import, or wait for prices to go down. :p

@Lee she's supposed to be put up online on the 29. So theirs still a chance.

rjinaz

I strongly suggest getting Silver Mario on Amazon. Worst case cancel it or trade it or give it away but chances of everybody getting silver mario from Target when it appears to be an error is unlikely at best.

I strongly suggest getting Silver Mario on Amazon. Worst case cancel it or trade it or give it away but chances of everybody getting silver mario from Target when it appears to be an error is unlikely at best.

Yeah my Silver Mario is on back order, I will keep it up since I have nothing to lose but damn that sucks..got so excited just to be crushed

Ozone

My jiggly said back ordered. Still got shipped yesterday.
fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

Believe.

Shauni

Looking at my order screen for Silver Mario now, not seeing the backordered thing. Only seeing this in regards to delivery:

Estimated Delivery: Arrives on or up to 5 days after release date.

EDIT: Yeah, mine is like paul's above.

RootCause

My jiggly said back ordered, and was shipped yesterday. It could turn out entirely different, but I wouldn't worry too much for now. Still, I'll jump on the Amazon silver Mario just to be safe. I can cancel, or trade it without too much issue. The Amiibo life.

Looking at my order screen for Silver Mario now, not seeing the backordered thing. Only seeing this in regards to delivery:

Estimated Delivery: Arrives on or up to 5 days after release date.

EDIT: Yeah, mine is like paul's above.

you have to go on your mobile app to see the bad news

I got alerted in School that you could get Silver Mario via the Target app. I just got home from school and downloaded the Target app, I didn't think he'd be still available but I thought it'd be worth a shot

CGCK-8oWMAAt-6N.png

I'm not believing that I just got Silver Mario until he ships.

//ARCANUM

Your looking at the wrong page, you have to go on your mobile app, click on your name, check order status, it will say processing, but when you check details, prepare to be sad

lol yep, when i look at it on my phone it does say backordered. oh well, we'll see what happens!

Shauni

Your looking at the wrong page, you have to go on your mobile app, click on your name, check order status, it will say processing, but when you check details, prepare to be sad

Is there a way to do this if you did it as a guest? I don't have an actual Target account. I mean, I'm not surprised or anything, though. Hopefully, it ends up being like others have mentioned with Jigglypuff and not mean much. Don't have a lot of faith in that, though.

I got alerted in School that you could get Silver Mario via the Target app. I just got home from school and downloaded the Target app, I didn't think he'd be still available but I thought it'd be worth a shot

CGCK-8oWMAAt-6N.png

I'm not believing that I just got Silver Mario until he ships.

Yep that's the right mindset for any Amiibo you order online ;p

Is there a way to do this if you did it as a guest? I don't have an actual Target account. I mean, I'm not surprised or anything, though. Hopefully, it ends up being like others have mentioned with Jigglypuff and not mean much. Don't have a lot of faith in that, though.

Nope, I checked out as a guest (which is weird as I used the same email as my actual account in my rush to get it ordered) and the "backordered" screen they're talking about it nowhere to be found, only the little pic everyone's posting.

So do people actually WANT the silver Mario or is it just trade fodder / "I need it because limited edition!"

It's Metal Mario, breh.
well kinda. lolz
It's the only Mario Amiibo I even want. Silver is not retailer exclusive, gonna be much easier to get than Gold or other rares.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So do people actually WANT the silver Mario or is it just trade fodder / "I need it because limited edition!"

Horizon in the Middle of Questioning

Of course! Need all they new amiibo.

From Reddit (about today's Silver Mario orders):

"If your order actually ships let me know, because there are honestly 0 in the Fulfillment Centers."

I assumed that something was up but :(

Scoodlebap

Neo Member

I've actually straight ignored Gold and silver mario as I already have a smb and smash one. Gold mario I associate with what I think is one of the weakest mario titles and if they actually called silver metal instead I might buy it because I'm weird like that.

From Reddit (about today's Silver Mario orders):

"If your order actually ships let me know, because there are honestly 0 in the Fulfillment Centers."

I assumed that something was up but :(

Old news. If it ships, it ships. I'm not too worried about being able to find one of these. Although I doubt 1 employee knows everything about every fulfillment center and possible restocks.

-Horizon-

Oh I actually didn't know it wasn't an exclusive. I thought it was lol

Well at least it'll make it easier to get for y'all that actually want it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did some checking around my town on the situation.

GameStop: LOW. I asked about Lucina & Robin and they were getting ONE OF EACH. Considering they open at 10 a.m. & I don't have class until Noon, not gonna bother.

Target: A bit better. Seems they're getting around "4 each", though the employee said he's not suppose to "officially" say, but Jigglypuff should hopefully be well stocked, considering he mentioned "around 12".

Meijer: Already in, but I have to wait until Friday. I should be taking my sis to school around 7 a.m., so that's most likely going to be my best bet, as Target opens up at 8 a.m., but it's on the other end of town.

Fox Mulder

Did some checking around my town on the situation.

GameStop: LOW. I asked about Lucina & Robin and they were getting ONE OF EACH. Considering they open at 10 a.m. & I don't have class until Noon, not gonna bother.

Target: A bit better. Seems they're getting around "4 each", though the employee said he's not suppose to "officially" say, but Jigglypuff should hopefully be well stocked, considering he mentioned "around 12".

Might as well be the same. 12 jigglypuffs wont last 2 minutes.

HiroTSK5

So a week ago when Wal-Mart had a new batch of Marths I managed to snag one, however I checked the tracking and now Wal-Mart has no idea what they are sending me. Need I be concerned?

Peltz

Weird, I never got a confirmation that I successfully preordered Jiggly after my attempts to do so, but apparently target is shipping one out to me anyway. I guess they received my order without confirming.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might as well be the same. 12 jigglypuffs wont last 2 minutes.
I remember when I went in for Rosalina, they said they sold out in "30 minutes" & "there was a line waiting outside". I'm trying to figure out if I should just buy Robin & Lucina at Meijer, then head up to Target & wait for them to open, then nab Jigglypuff & another Robin since my friends want them & I'm not sure on the limit of them are (I think I can get 3 at Meijer, but I don't know about Target).

D-Stubbs

Hey my Marth from Walmart came in the mail. No dings or anything to the packaging either so that's good. Now for some of the pre orders to finally ship. I've had none from anywhere ship so far.

So a week ago when Wal-Mart had a new batch of Marths I managed to snag one, however I checked the tracking and now Wal-Mart has no idea what they are sending me. Need I be concerned?

Walmart's been great with shipping, I wouldn't worry about it. Got my Marth yesterday.

I still don't have a single order that has shipped. Michigan.
Jigg @ Target
Robin / Lucina @ Best Buy
Pac Man / Charizard @ Walmart
Ness @ Gamestop.

Anyone from my side of the country see shipment notification on any of these from these stores?

//ARCANUM

oh no.... i just checked my best buy pre-order and only Pac-Man is showing as preparing order... the rest say status not available... i have a pre-order for all 5 best buy has and I made the order within a minute of them going live on best buy...... please don't screw me best buy. PLEASE.

oh no.... i just checked my best buy pre-order and only Pac-Man is showing as preparing order... the rest say status not available... i have a pre-order for all 5 best buy has and I made the order within a minute of them going live on best buy...... please don't screw me best buy. PLEASE.

I have 2x Splatoon 3-pack and the 5 non-exclusive amiibos on pre-order with Best Buy and they've all displayed "status not available" for the past week. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom