• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKD5989

How has Best Buy's shipping been for everyone? They split my single order into multiple shipments, and every single package was done horribly. Folding the cardboard? Over-stuffing with air packets? Under-stuffing with nothing? It shouldn't be this hard, people!

Funny you mention Best Buy and folded cardboard. Received Pac-Man, Wario and Charizard yesterday.While Pac-Man is OK for the most part, Wario and Charizard both have heavy folds straight across the top of the cardboard. Sucks because the packaging was done well and the box was big enough for the three. Hoping my Walmart, Gamestop and TRU orders arrive in better shape.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
How has Best Buy's shipping been for everyone? They split my single order into multiple shipments, and every single package was done horribly. Folding the cardboard? Over-stuffing with air packets? Under-stuffing with nothing? It shouldn't be this hard, people!

My Best Buy orders arrived perfect. It depends on where you live, I guess.

Anime

Neo Member
tumblr-backgrounds-giflumineux-and-small-girls-perfect-oqkvdrnp.gif

Its time...

BG_AbstractArt2.gif

Get in the mood.

Here goes...

The ULTIMATE ~Rarity Tier Chart~

~~~SS Rank: Gone in 5 seconds~~~
Villager (Got Japanese reprint)
Little Mac (Got Japanese reprint)
Wii Fit Trainer (Got Euro reprint)
Gold Mario
Meta Knight

~~~S Rank: Gone in a minute ~~~
Ness
Pit (Got Japanese reprint)
Ike
King Dedede (Has a second shipment coming to Gamestop on Summer)
Lucina
Robin
Marth (Just had a NA reprint)
Captain Falcon
Shulk (Has a second shipment coming on May)

~~~A Rank: In the hands of your friends and foes~~~
Splatoon 3-Pack (Squid Amiibo)
Lucario
Rosalina
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Silver Mario
Fox

~~~B Rank: In a Store hidden in plain sight~~~
Inkling Girl
Wario
Charizard
Pac-Man
Inkling Boy
Samus
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Megaman
Toad

~~~C Rank: Company for a lonely night~~~
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Link

~~~D Rank: Sitting on your shelf~~~
Zelda
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Mario

As always, this is a guide and it should be used as such, not as definitive evidence and the list is ever moving, just like my belly. Remember, trades are worth what you want them to be worth ;)

Metaknight is SS tier?Damn i knew he was difficult to find in the U.S. but was he also difficult in Europe and Asia as well?

I figured he was probably S tier given his current value.

_SAKY_

I know this is not really the place but this thread has more visibility. I'm looking for Shulk, Meta, and Villager....let me know if you can help I have extra NA lucina, robin, jiggly, and splat pack on the way for trade if needed.

Fox Mulder

Best buy packing is shit. I've received blurays shipped in vacuum sealed vinyl bags with zero padding.

Cormano

Yes, my Inkling Girl was opened and the Boy was shredded on the left side. Paid $5.51 (plus tax) EACH to ship those. Goddamn rip off.

Also a separate Wario was folded, but this was free shipping because I also bought something else with it for free shipping.

I thought some social media BB rep posted about how they will be packaging all Amiibos extra carefully right before preorders for Wave 4 went up. How the hell do the Amiibos open up?

Bastards basically opened my first Amiibos for me since I've kept everything but this sealed thus far.

How did you end up paying $5.51 in shipping? i remember adding a .49c filler item for Free Shipping.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My experience yesterday:

Walmart around 10 am- no signs of any new ones.

Target around 1:30pm- only a couple inkling boy and girl.

Best Buy next door- nada.

Toys R Us around 2pm- six Splatoon 3 packs (which was my main want), one Wario (which I bought) and bunch of Pac-man and inkling boy/girl.

Best Buy next door- three Wario and a couple inkling boy and one girl.

Amazon- only checked for Lucina and had no luck.

Psyae

My Best Buy order arrived yesterday and was missing Robin. Packing slip said it was supposed to contain Robin, Lucina, Charizard, Wario. Only got Lucina, Charizard, Wario. I honestly can't believe something like this happened since I never had any issue with Best Buy in the past. I emailed customer service and posted on their gaming support forum, so we'll see what happens. What sucks is that for a situation like this, I don't have any proof that Robin wasn't in the box, so they pretty much have to take my word for it. Hopefully this gets resolved in some way, but I really don't think that they will be able to ship me a Robin considering how rare he is.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think everyone should shoot videos of themselves opening their packages to prove all the chicanery they find inside. Can't argue with a video that shows a box going from unopened to opened with shredded, opened and missing products inside.

I'm not sure if this is allowed in this thread, but...

I was able to order a Robin from Amazon yesterday but not a Lucina. I want them both, but out of the two I'd rather have Lucina. Of anyone would like to trade please let me know.

Oddly enough the Pac I ordered says it will ve here on Sunday (thank you bizarre USPS Sunday shipping), but the Robin estimate isn't until Wednesday.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Went to Target to buy Splatoon and there's 12 triple packs just sitting there (as well as a bunch of Jiggs and Greninja), but I have to wait for mine to come in the post, which will most likely be Tuesday.

Good to see they've fixed the stock issues though.

Something tells me you're mistaken.

Metaknight is SS tier?Damn i knew he was difficult to find in the U.S. but was he also difficult in Europe and Asia as well?

I figured he was probably S tier given his current value.

He's one of the few that's actually managed to somewhat stay in stock here in Australia.

Along with Ike who got restocked for STEAM. Still a bunch of Ike's in the store when I went today.

Other than that it's just ones you'd expect. Zelda, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, DK etc

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what sites still haven't had Robin & Lucina up yet? Still annoyed I didn't even get the chance to TRY for Robin last night, even if I bet it went the same way as Lucina.

Even worse, if I just bothered to work up the energy to go to Meijer at Midnight, then I most likely could've have them both....

TheGrue

So how quickly did stuff sell out on Amazon? I didn't pay attention since all my stuff has shipped from other retailers. Amazon lost a sure sale from me by waiting, but I'm sure this stuff sold out anyway, so in the end it doesn't matter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how quickly did stuff sell out on Amazon? I didn't pay attention since all my stuff has shipped from other retailers. Amazon lost a sure sale from me by waiting, but I'm sure this stuff sold out anyway, so in the end it doesn't matter.
Lucina was completely & utter bullcrap. Most of us were refreshing, if not multiple tabs or devices, yet never showed up, but would hear people saying that they got her.

Edit: Oh lord, I just realized the title chance for the thread.

rjinaz

Just for kicks and giggles, ebay prices for the latest wave this morning, NA versions (buy it now, lowest)

Lucina- $55
Ness- $50
Robin- $50
Greninja $35
Jiggly- $32
Charizard- $23
Wario- $22
Silver Mario- $21 (still up on Amazon)

Chucker

Wait, what sorcery is this? I mashed my way through my Robin order on Amazon and noticed it's being delivered on Sunday? When did this start happening?

rjinaz

Wait, what sorcery is this? I mashed my way through my Robin order on Amazon and noticed it's being delivered on Sunday? When did this start happening?

Amazon has deals with I think UPS and USPS to deliver on Sunday in select cities. I get packages on Sunday here in Phoenix.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So guess I could ask, did Walmart & Best Buy ever put the FE duo up on their sites? They're pretty much my last resorts now.

Sucks that I had $25 in Amazon credit which would've covered most of getting both of them.

Thoraxes

So guess I could ask, did Walmart & Best Buy ever put the FE duo up on their sites? They're pretty much my last resorts now.

Sucks that I had $25 in Amazon credit which would've covered most of getting both of them.
Walmart did them about a month or so ago.

I know this because I'm getting them from Walmart.com on Monday.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I think Wario's my new favorite amiibo. He's got a nice chunky feeling as a figure, they really nailed all the little details, and his color just pops so much more than the others.

I mean, of course the pink pants and electric blue jacket stand out, but even his skin is a much healthier-looking tone than everyone else's.

Just for kicks and giggles, ebay prices for the latest wave this morning, NA versions (buy it now, lowest)

Jiggly- $32
Maybe I should toss my two up, I'll get ~$10 over my cost for each and just be done with it (that would also cancel out the shipping I had to pay for Squids and put me over a few bucks).

Then I'll be back to paying cost or less on all of mine.

Even though I have the entirety of Wave 4 being shipped to me as we speak, I still checked out my local Target after work yesterday to see what they had. To my surprise they had like 8 Jigglypuffs left, Wario, Pac-Man, Silver Mario, and the Splatoon three pack. I knew the clerk well from my past Nintendo related purchases, so he was kind enough to let me pick out the best of each figure from the boxes (I was surprised they weren't even on the shelf yet). I'm weary of shipping, so it was nice to score this many figures right from the store, and gives me a little less to worry about for the coming week. Obviously I'll just return the shipped characters back to the store when they arrive (I may keep Jiggly for trade, however).

Also, it sucks to hear these horror stories about Best Buy shipping; I'm always hearing about how bad they are, and I consider them a last resort for Amiibo purchases because of this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Walmart did them about a month or so ago.

I know this because I'm getting them from Walmart.com on Monday.
Uuugghhh, crap.

Well, guess I'll just have to keep an eye on this thread & reddit. I have Marth & Ike, it would be nice to have all 4 FE characters, especially if I ever get a New 3DS XL so I can use them in Codename Steam.

I also wanna know why the hell Target didn't get ANY of either of them. Like come on, Nintendo, Awakening sold rather well from what I've heard, you'd think one of the more popular FE games would allow for more of them to be made.

Edit: I see Bestbuy.com has Lucina & Robin as "Coming Soon". So...there might still be a chance?

rjinaz

Uuugghhh, crap.

Well, guess I'll just have to keep an eye on this thread & reddit. I have Marth & Ike, it would be nice to have all 4 FE characters, especially if I ever get a New 3DS XL so I can use them in Codename Steam.

I also wanna know why the hell Target didn't get ANY of either of them. Like come on, Nintendo, Awakening sold rather well from what I've heard, you'd think one of the more popular FE games would allow for more of them to be made.

Edit: I see Bestbuy.com has Lucina & Robin as "Coming Soon". So...there might still be a chance?

Best Buy already sold both. I already have 1 of each from there, arrived yesterday. Doubt they will pop back up unfortunately.

Drago

I think Wario's my new favorite amiibo. He's got a nice chunky feeling as a figure, they really nailed all the little details, and his color just pops so much more than the others.

I mean, of course the pink pants and electric blue jacket stand out, but even his skin is a much healthier-looking tone than everyone else's.
Wario is definitely my favorite out of the whole line so far, just edging out Dedede. He just looks phenomenal, just how colorful he is, all the little details. Even his belt is super detailed down to his buckle. Plus, I finally have a Wario toy in his Biker outfit... that's amazing enough on it's own. :D

Man, a good night's sleep was definitely necessary after yesterday. On the topic of damaged boxes, however, is it ridiculous that I'm still upset that the cashier bent my Lucina as she bagged it at TRU? I didn't realize until I was in the parking lot, and didn't feel like marching back in and causing a ruckus. I've been sticking w/ all NA versions and keeping them in the box. It sucks that the card was in perfect shape when I brought it up, and now it's not.

Crappy cell phone pics:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Best Buy already sold both. I already have 1 of each from there, arrived yesterday. Doubt they will pop back up unfortunately.
Then I'm either gonna have to hope for a restock or summon my luck skills and try to win one.

I refuse to import one due to my limited budget nor will I give in to the scalpers. Or I might see if an amiibo collector that my friend mentioned ("he has all of them" from what she told me) might be able to help me out.

Man, a good night's sleep was definitely necessary after yesterday. On the topic of damaged boxes, however, is it ridiculous that I'm still upset that the cashier bent my Lucina as she bagged it at TRU? I didn't realize until I was in the parking lot, and didn't feel like marching back in and causing a ruckus. I've been sticking w/ all NA versions and keeping them in the box. It sucks that the card was in perfect shape when I brought it up, and now it's not.

Crappy cell phone pics:

This happened to a Wii Fit Trainer I bought back in November. Really pissed me off too. Of course I'd rather have a rare character with a slight flaw than none at all, so...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I just got 3 packages from Best Buy last night, and they packed those 3 Amiibo just perfectly in the boxes with a lot of air packets. When they arrived here, they were in perfect condition so I'm pleased.

Yes, my Inkling Girl was opened and the Boy was shredded on the left side. Paid $5.51 (plus tax) EACH to ship those. Goddamn rip off.

Also a separate Wario was folded, but this was free shipping because I also bought something else with it for free shipping.

I thought some social media BB rep posted about how they will be packaging all Amiibos extra carefully right before preorders for Wave 4 went up. How the hell do the Amiibos open up?

Bastards basically opened my first Amiibos for me since I've kept everything but this sealed thus far.

Funny you mention Best Buy and folded cardboard. Received Pac-Man, Wario and Charizard yesterday.While Pac-Man is OK for the most part, Wario and Charizard both have heavy folds straight across the top of the cardboard. Sucks because the packaging was done well and the box was big enough for the three. Hoping my Walmart, Gamestop and TRU orders arrive in better shape.

Alright, which location that packaged your orders?

If you would have told me on Thursday that by 11:00 on Saturday that I would have all of wave 4 accounted for AND Meta Knight.....

So yea, yesterday I went to Target about an hour before they opened. They had already handed out tickets, so of course Robin, Lucina, and Silver Mario were gone. But, the guy would come out periodically and hand out more tickets, so I was able to get the Jigglemeister that I needed. Now, since he handed out tickets, the people that were there earlier went to eat/bathroom/whatevs. While I'm waiting there I think, the people that lined up here, will eventually go over to TRU once they buy the amiibos here. So, I make sure that I get checked out as quickly as possible and I go over to TRU.

I get there, and I'm #6. I feel good and I already thought they would only get 4 of Robin and Lucina, but I'm at least guaranteed a Greninja and Silver Mario. But, half an hour before they open they hand out tickets, and they actually got 8 of each for Robin and Lucina! I was able to get Robin, Lucina, Greninja, and a Silver Mario. At this time, I was ecstatic. Since I already had done the Web-in-Store with Gamestop, I now had all of wave 4! Felt good for the rest of the day, notice some postings about Meta Knights popping up, and watch the pandemonium of Amazon.

Now....Best Buy didn't receive any shipment of wave 4 for yesterday's release, but they told some of the people in the lines I was in, that they might get a shipment Friday night and have some for Saturday. When I woke up, I had a feeling that I should check out Best Buy since a lot of people on Reddit were saying that Meta Knight was coming in. I went down, and I kid you not, an employee had an armful of Meta Knights and he was carrying them to the shelves. I'm sure my mouth was hanging open when I saw that. No lines or nothing, and just like that I finally got Meta Knight! Never having a chance at him, so from now on I'm always trusting my gut feeling. This just happened in the last half hour, so go now to Best Buy!

And that's the story of pure luck. And now, all I need is the Gamestop restock for my preordered King Dedede and I'll have a complete (up to now) collection.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, so many Best Buys getting Meta Knight, & yet nothing on their site. Doesn't help the closest one to me which was 30 minutes away closed in Feb.....

Velcro Fly

Hahaha fucking Walmart

I tried to cancel my Splatoon 3 pack yesterday so I could order on Amazon and save shipping. Said they could not cancel it was too close to shipping.

Wake up today to an email saying lol just kidding it's cancelled

Fucking fuck! Grrrrrrrr

Hahaha fucking Walmart

I tried to cancel my Splatoon 3 pack yesterday so I could order on Amazon and save shipping. Said they could not cancel it was too close to shipping.

Wake up today to an email saying lol just kidding it's cancelled

Fucking fuck! Grrrrrrrr
Happened to me with Silver Mario. I ordered it through Walmart and decided to cancel and try my luck in stores. I request the cancellation and it says the order is too close to shipping to be cancelled. I get an email later saying they cancelled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom