• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubcake

Neo Member
For those of you who got Metaknight, do you have the sku? It should be on your receipt. I ask because Best Buy is notorious for not knowing they got things in stock and assuming they don't have them without checking, but with a sku I can make them check their internal system or other locations

Velcro Fly

Happened to me with Silver Mario. I ordered it through Walmart and decided to cancel and try my luck in stores. I request the cancellation and it says the order is too close to shipping to be cancelled. I get an email later saying they cancelled it.

and then they scan my email for key words and give me a canned response

i'm about to get banned from walmart.com because i was pissed before but now i'm livid

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Robin and Lucina.

Plus the store exclusives, to a lesser degree.
Yup. I would say the rarest store exclusive is Ness. Jigglypuff & Greninja seem to be not as hard compared to the previous exclusives. I think it helps that both are from Pokemon, which has a much bigger fanbase compared to FE & Earthbound.

At the very least, Greninja has been handled MUUCCHHHH better compared to Lucario from the stories/pictures I've been hearing/seeing.

HardRojo

Gonna go on a little trip here in Lima and see if any stores got any of the restocked Amiibo. Random Sonics arrived yesterday so I think it's somewhat plausible.
I'm kidding myself aren't I?

Busaiku

For those of you who got Metaknight, do you have the sku? It should be on your receipt. I ask because Best Buy is notorious for not knowing they got things in stock and assuming they don't have them without checking, but with a sku I can make them check their internal system or other locations
Yeah, they weren't pulling it up normally.

Velcro Fly

Nintendo has stuff going on at BestBuy today so them restocking MK today mainly as opposed to yesterday is not really surprising

Also told Walmart they have a long way to go if they want to compete with Amazon haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo has stuff going on at BestBuy today so them restocking MK today mainly as opposed to yesterday is not really surprising

Also told Walmart they have a long way to go if they want to compete with Amazon haha.
Oh right, the World Championships. Still a shame it's in-store only & not online.

.......imagine if there was a special amiibo only given to the winner of that championship. A Diamond Mario or whatever.

Anyone else here have good experience with Play-Asia and Yes-Asia? I have a Marth and Robin through them respectively. Marth won't be shipping until June and Robin says it'll be July(!). Any chance they could be cancelled?

Busaiku

I called. All reprint or wave 4 Amiibos sold out now in my area.
Did you try pestering them, giving the SKU and such?
The reps (yesterday and today) initially told me that too, but with a bit more digging, they found them.

EDIT - Whoops, meant to copy this and edit.

Just cleared out my nowinstock.com queue of wave 4 :( Sad times.

Now to wait for the Palutena and Dark Pit product pages to be posted. I assume that'll be just after E3.

nubcake

Neo Member
Yeah, they weren't pulling it up normally.

Yep a lot of them around here got them...unfortunately they're all small stores that are at least an hour from here. Makes no sense at all to me. I was going to get one and cancel my Japanese order, but not for that long of a drive.

I have all of wave 4 but I wish I could have snagged a Marth.
The guy in front of me took the last ticket at TRU yesterday lol
Luckily he was a cool dude and he definitely deserved it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanks busaiku!

Are any of these rare-- toon link, Zelda, pikachu, Luigi? Mario from both lines. Bowder. From ash line?
Toon Link is probably the "rarest" but he's more uncommon. Pretty much anyone from the Mario series, save for Rosalina because Target exclusive, is easy to find because they're the most well-known among the general public. Zelda characters also seem to be easy to find as well. Heck, we were kind of surprised that Sheik wasn't all that rare, but it gives me hope Ganondorf will at the very least be uncommon. Pokemon tend to be common as well because of its huge fanbase (aside from Lucario because TRU exclusive).

It's more of characters that're less known to them, like Pit, Captain Falcon, Marth, Dedede, etc. that're more rare.

I like to call this the "Popularity Theory", to which the rarity of a character is determined by how well-known they are outside of the gaming community & with the general population. It's kind of why there was a TON of Pac-Man available, yet Robin & Lucina are considered the most rare of this wave so far.

Ibuki

Banned
Palutena and Dark Pit are going to be insane. Should be an interesting hunt to say the least. Anyone think they are going to do more Splatoon amiibo?

Javier

Updated collection:

5xIvxkt.jpg

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Just got me a Gerninja!!!! Just walked in and asked! They still had them!!!! Aperently there was a problem and they couldn't sale them yesterday!

AdanVC

So here it is. Ness is in da house!

CGNUtB8VAAATCs0.jpg

But it was kinda pricey. $40 plus shipping. It's super cool and Ness was definitely the one I wanted the most since wave 4 was announced but I'm kinda regretting now tbh. I have never spend that amount of money on a freaking figurine that it's supposed to cost $13. I even didn't used to collect figures before amiibo and now I just spend almost $50 bucks on one... Because of this I can't afford and support Splatoon anymore and now who knows when I will be able to play it :( and I was super hyped for the game. Fuckkk what I just did.

But yay Ness...

Edit: No actually I just really wanted to get Splatoon why I spend that amound on Ness? I think it was the fact that I literally bought it without thinking and got excited since the seller already had it in hand and ready to ship. Sigh.

Does anyone have a spare Greninja or Ness? Tried looking for Greninja this morning and all the TRU stores I checked out were sold out. I could pay for it, but at the moment I rather trade. I have Rosalina, Ike, Robin and a Dedede to spare. Would rather do 1 for 1 if possible. Thanks!

Busaiku

I don't think Ness is gonna be that much more rare than Jigglypuff.
They didn't get too many in stores yesterday, but the majority of orders were web-in-store, and those would still be in transit.

Crom

If anyone has a Ness they are willing to trade let me know what you need. I have some extras like Robin, Lucina, Marth, Silver Mario etc (US versions)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish they'd do more bundles. Like, you can do a 3-pack of Pit, Palutena, & Dark Pit or Kirby, Dedede, & Meta Knight. Or a 4-pack of all the Fire Emblem characters would work great as well. Hopefully the Splatoon 3-pack is a sign of more packs to come.

I wish they'd do more bundles. Like, you can do a 3-pack of Pit, Palutena, & Dark Pit or Kirby, Dedede, & Meta Knight. Or a 4-pack of all the Fire Emblem characters would work great as well. Hopefully the Splatoon 3-pack is a sign of more packs to come.

If they do the Mii's, then I definitely expect that to be a 3-pack

*Sneakily sneaks in thread and looks around mischievously*

I'll trade all Nindie Humble bundle codes for a Robin, Greninja, or Jigglypuff. Just hold onto it till the third because I can't buy the bundle before then.

This isn't going to work is it?

Also any region will do, but the codes only work in the in NA.
With the exception of Brazil.

I remember trading a new meta knight for turtles in time, and now its getting a mini restock

Think I'll try to trade Lucina x robin x jiggly x greninja for EARTHBOUND, never owned it and I'm slowly getting out of the amiibo game ;)

Velcro Fly

Also for some reason I haven't opened my Robin/Lucina yet.

Charizard, Pac, and Wario are with the rest of Wave 3 but those two are unopened sitting next to them :(

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
What an awesome start to the day. Rolled over to see the fe crew and greninja I got yesterday and swiped my phone to see my gamestop order has an arrival date. Gonna make a fancy breakfast and splatoon all day. Hot dog!

I missed all the amazon shenanigans too. I hope that went well for everyone.

bigkrev

My Robin that got normal prime 2-day is scheduled for Monday

My Lucina that they upgraded to 1 day due to Prime not working is scheduled for Tuesday.

I'm confused.

Did you try pestering them, giving the SKU and such?
The reps (yesterday and today) initially told me that too, but with a bit more digging, they found them.

EDIT - Whoops, meant to copy this and edit.

I did not give them the SKU. My Best Buy is only 15 minutes away, so I might just take a chance and check at the store.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
Alright I didn't have any luck finding Meta Knight at BB, but I did have them look up the SKU, and it showed 2200 of them at the warehouse. They then recommended I come back midday Tuesday as that's the next day deliveries are coming.

Jswanko

How has Best Buy's shipping been for everyone? They split my single order into multiple shipments, and every single package was done horribly. Folding the cardboard? Over-stuffing with air packets? Under-stuffing with nothing? It shouldn't be this hard, people!

I got 6 from them, 3 boxes, all packed perfectly. Either wedged together without folding or packed with cushioning.

maxcriden

Zonic and Busaiku, thanks for the info guys!

If anyone needs a Toon Link or any of the others I mentioned feel free to let me know and I can probably hook you up :)

nubcake

Neo Member
Is Meta Knight still rare? My best buy has 12

He definitely is because not all Best Buys got one. I checked mine earlier and only small stores an hour or more from me got any in.

I hope they're just staggering them and some Best Buys will get them next week or something. The system didn't show any on order for the stores that got none but that's sometimes how Best Buy does it with rarer items.

//ARCANUM

Meta Knight is definitely still rare.

Speaking of which, I have a new in box Meta Knight (U.S. version) that id like to trade for your Ness! (I'm in the U.S. So U.S. shipping only please.)

Edit - Additionally, if someone wants to make me a cash offer on new in box Meta Knight, Marth, Robin, Lucina, then I'm interested to hear! Would like to sell in a bundle if we're doing cash.

PM me with any interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom