• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nia

J3S4dYT.jpg

The cuteness of Jigglypuff. She now rests comfortably among my other Amiibos. With the Splatoon three pack shipping, I only need Mewtwo now. For me, he is the Amiibo final boss.

Finally opened an amiibo today after all these months! Bowser was freed from his plastic prison. I had 2 of him, but still used the careful method of release by cutting around the bottom first w/ a box cutter. But...

I came to notice that the plastic on top had already started peeling off the card, and quite sloppily at that. I then looked at some of my other amiibos. Not as bad, but they too are showing some slight bubbles in the glue. Then it struck me. It's getting to be summer and I don't have an AC in the office where I keep them! Unfortunately, the office is basically the only place I have room to store these. We were discussing getting an AC in there soon anyway (especially since I'm in the process of building a new PC for that room), but this has placed an entirely new level of urgency on the matter!

Palutena and Dark Pit are going to be insane. Should be an interesting hunt to say the least. Anyone think they are going to do more Splatoon amiibo?

I hope with only two, they'll have more than fucking four of each per store. Or like 1...or none at all.

Palutena and Dark Pit are pretty detailed, so I can understand if they have problems printing many of them, but they should have ramped up production of them already. Hopefully they wont just have two out as well; this would be a perfect time to have reprints out. More Marth, Mac, Pit, etc.

I'm hoping we get some more amiibo for Splatoon, but I'm not sure what they'd be able to do outside of the boy and girl in more poses with a different weapon or color. I'd really like a pair of ones of...uh..whatever those squid girl host's names are.

spookyfish

Been a while since I've been in here. Now that the new ones are out, I want to ask about trades/buys. Is that in here, or in the buy/sell/trade thread?

Thanks!

alvis.exe

So... any guesses as to Charizard's eventual rarity? Should I wait to see if it'll be restocked like Sheik and Toon Link were eventually or am I out of luck?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Meta Knight is definitely still rare.

Speaking of which, I have a new in box Meta Knight (U.S. version) that id like to trade for your Ness! (I'm in the U.S. So U.S. shipping only please.)

Edit - Additionally, if someone wants to make me a cash offer on new in box Meta Knight, Marth, Robin, Lucina, then I'm interested to hear! Would like to sell in a bundle if we're doing cash.

PM me with any interest.

I can do 12.99x4 for them.
So about $52 plus shipping if that works.

Hero

Apparently he won't be anymore.

Went to several stores and only Pac-Man and Splatoon Amiibo were available. No signs of restocked Amiibo :(

He definitely is because not all Best Buys got one. I checked mine earlier and only small stores an hour or more from me got any in.

I hope they're just staggering them and some Best Buys will get them next week or something. The system didn't show any on order for the stores that got none but that's sometimes how Best Buy does it with rarer items.

Yes. It's still rare. Some Best Buys got restocks but it's only a matter of time before they go the way of the dodo again and the value increases.

Could you buy one for me? My best buy didn't have any :(

It's weird because two other Best Buys I went to didn't have any (or they were already sold out) but this one was the mother load.

I bought 5 that will be going to a good home.

Ideally I would like to trade straight up for any of the following:
Marth (reprint), Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Shulk.

Posting in the trade thread.

How are the reprints compared to the first run figures? Is there any way to tell on the packaging which print they are? Even if it's the smallest indicator?

Renewed

Is there a rarity chart for wave 4 yet?

Assume everything is impossible and then go from there.

Pac-Man/Wario should be easy enough. Splatoon amiibo may depend but the 3-pack doesn't seems plentiful. Fire Emblem amiibo are a dream. Charizard seems uncommon? Jiggs may be as well. Greninja seems plentiful but you never know, the next moment it could be gone. Ness who?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just got Jigglypuff in today. I managed to score Wario off Amazon last night so I should get that Monday. That leaves Greninja (damn Toys R Us), Robin, Lucina (damn NoA) and Pac-Man (which seems to be crazy common right now). Plus all the past stuff I still need.

ChaosXVI

Well, looks like Gamestop shipping error might result in me getting a bonus Ness afterall. Can't wait to trade him for something I'm missing!

Also, anyone else still finding Metaknight? I checked my Best Buy but either they never got them or they are already gone. I'm in Illinois if that increases/decreases my chances.

rjinaz

Well, looks like Gamestop shipping error might result in me getting a bonus Ness afterall. Can't wait to trade him for something I'm missing!

Also, anyone else still finding Metaknight? I checked my Best Buy but either they never got them or they are already gone. I'm in Illinois if that increases/decreases my chances.

Oh what are you missing? I badly want a Ness.

Have Robin, Jiggly, JP Villager, and JP Pit to trade.

XpopcornX

Banned
I was out of town and stopped at a Toys R' Us to find that they had two Greninja Amiibo left and 3 Charzard Amiibo left.

Got one of both. Feels good man.

Toki767

Checked 3 BB, no Meta Knights. No new waves left at any of them, and one had 5 Luigis as the last Amiibo in stock 0.0
I believe the new wave is still at the Customer Service department.

My Best Buy doesn't have Meta Knight. Kind of wanted a second one to open too.

HardRojo

Well, in the end I didn't find much. Pac-Man, Inkling boy and girl and the Splatoon 3-pack are definitely the most common Amiibo from this wave. I bought a Diddy Kong because he's becoming very rare now around here so I just wanted to make sure I locked him down. Still no word about reprints :( Maybe those will not come to Peru at all...

rjinaz

Received my JP Captain Falcon from j-subculture.com. Arrived in perfect condition, total price of $20.30. They still have great prices on WFT, Villager, Pit, Greninja, Jiggly, and Little Mac.

To the people checking Best Buy today for Meta Knight: have the SKU (1375009) handy. Apparently he's been completely removed from the main system, so it's impossible for employees to look him up without already having the SKU on hand, which obviously isn't helpful. Combine that with the fact that seemingly no one working at the stores have been informed of the restock, there's a lot of false negatives getting handed out. I was told by two stores that they had none, only to find out they each got like 15. There's a good chance that if your store doesn't have them out, they're still in back and no one working service actually knows.

nubcake

Neo Member
Who do you even ask to do a SKU lookup at Best Buy?

Pretty much anyone, although I'd prefer to ask someone actually in that area. But anyone knows how to look them up. Just ask them to use RSS because some of them can be lazy and they'll use the website and tell you they don't have it. RSS is internal and even if none in your area have any, it'll at least show you that.

Hatchtag

Banned
Gamestop still had Silver Mario lol. They didn't have a Splatoon 3 pack...but they called up another location and are gonna have one shipped in for me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom