• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuapol

My Ness is somewhere in Tennessee right now at a UPS Facility, so that's exciting. Scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday as intended. Thank god.

My Shulk has been far less cooperative. I was due for an in-store pickup back on the 7th. The week of the 7th passes by with no word, and after a call to GameStop I was informed my delivery was delayed two weeks. Once the 21st passed with no word I assumed I would probably get screwed out of my Shulk amiibo. Lo and behold, at long last I received the email of shipment this past hour. Thank god.

So, I'm pretty psyched. These are my first amiibo acquisitions in a month and a half. If I can manage to track down DeDeDe and Greninja my collection is complete.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So some of you may recall my Walmart order that never shipped. Got an email from Walmart saying it was processed incorrectly and was never filled. The order was cancelled.

Great, it was PAC and Char so I just went somewhere else today and bought them.

An hour ago I get an email from Walmart that my order shipped and they charged me.

Are you serious with this? Think they'll refund me? Do they have an online support chat I can talk to tomorrow?

Also, obligatory "if anyone has extra Greninja I really want to buy it from you".

Just return them to a local Walmart.
Or to wherever you bought the other pair.

Seriously, how is Wario a rare?
Because of SM Wario coming up most likely. Just won't produce much. Unlike Bowser, Wario's plumber look is more iconic so they won't bother with Smash is my guess.

I dunno yet if Charizard is common. Would like to get atleast one Pokemon considering Greninja and Jigglypuff, some of my most wanted, are already dead. :/

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
well my greninja just shipped from toys r us. which means I got the following today: Greninja, Robin & Pac man(the other 2 from amazon). Really wanted ness but he's unicorn rare :( Also wanted to get Lucina but thats only because I never got marth and she'd be the closest I'd get to having marth. oh well, 3/4(5 if you count lucina) is pretty good!

WHAT!? I demand proof!

lolwut >.>

A gold amiibo that has a removable nose and moustache?

...Definitely Not Mario?

7SK1URnXURkWyUniaNhcqZ8-dkuFZkfBXwG_OxcD71LsyMEDi7mdjIExlknKXTjOKIWdrw=w1250-h476

gwFZYkrYzra44Ofb9XqREdWnFKNtLG6J6vJmelujTbdiOVd5hN0R7cXafv3640N5fenvwQ=w1250-h476

I stopped by a Best Buy around 9:30 tonight to pick up a copy of Splatoon and they had a Silver Mario just sitting on the shelf chilling. Is he fairly common then?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I stopped by a Best Buy around 9:30 tonight to pick up a copy of Splatoon and they had a Silver Mario just sitting on the shelf chilling. Is he fairly common then?

Appears so. He's still available on Amazon.

sonto340

Got all of Wave 4 aside from wario and whatever store exclusives aren't Ness. Most the store exclusives ill round up once I otherwise finish my collection.
The amiibo thirst is real.

TheBear

Out of all the amiibos on the market to date, which has the best in-game DLC?

Picked up Squid girl today for Splatoon (my second amiibo along with Fox) and was tempted to buy Ike for Codename Steam.

Also watched a grown man spend 30 minutes analyzing three different Jigglypuffs to find the perfect one whilst I waited for my copy of Splatoon. That's dedication!

Somnid

So I went out and found a Sliver Mario but now I need to cancel my Tiger Direct order. Apparently you can't cancel through their website, you have to call them during a weekday. Safe to say I'm never buying from them again, this is unacceptable in 2015.

Marvie_3

Banned
RARE!!! GOLD MARIO WITH DETACHABLE NOSE AND MUSTACHE!!

...do they normally come off this easily? I never tried and haven't opened Silver yet.

I just opened my silver mario to check. :lol

Mine doesn't come off but you can see it's a separate piece.

Thoraxes

Anyone know the best/safest/cheapest way to ship amiibos?

I managed to get a lot of doubles this wave and i'd rather spread the love once I get them all than return them to just give them to people at cost + tax price (~$16 for TRU, ~$14 for Target) I paid and shipping.

I have an in with UPS for convenience, but i'd have to charge like ~$25 shipped because of their pricing.

I managed to get a lot of doubles this wave and i'd rather spread the love once I get them all than return them to just give them to people at cost + tax price I paid and shipping.

I have an in with UPS for convenience, but i'd have to charge like ~$25 shipped because of their pricing.

For individual characters, USPS First Class Mail Parcel. Go through PayPal and it's three bucks and change and it's relatively quick. Same rate to anywhere in the country, including territories.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

For multiples, no clue. I've only ever shipped a couple singles, so I couldn't tell you what the best deal is.

I managed to get a lot of doubles this wave and i'd rather spread the love once I get them all than return them to just give them to people at cost + tax price (~$16 for TRU, ~$14 for Target) I paid and shipping.

Ship it via USPS First Class Mail. It's about $2-$3 to ship out an Amiibo if you pack it yourself.

Thoraxes

For individual characters, USPS First Class Mail Parcel. Go through PayPal and it's three bucks and change and it's relatively quick. Same rate to anywhere in the country, including territories.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

For multiples, no clue. I've only ever shipped a couple singles, so I couldn't tell you what the best deal is.

Ship it via USPS First Class Mail. It's about $2-$3 to ship out an Amiibo if you pack it yourself.

This is PERFECT. Thank you guys so much for this. After my final shipments arrive in the mail i'll make a posting here with what I have up for offer!

Shun

This is PERFECT. Thank you guys so much for this. After my final shipments arrive in the mail i'll make a posting here with what I have up for offer!

For packaging boxes, I recommend using a sturdy box than fits the amigo box snugly. Not tight but enough so that it doesn't move around at all.

EDIT: Nevermind it probably is frowned upon here after what happened with Frap. I found out about this from Gundam Reddit and it seems I'm LTTP. Amiibo Reddit seems to automod for the referrals but OtakuMode is a legitimate place. I ordered Gundam models and other members ordered amiibo for $15 off from them. $10 without referral, $15 off with. I can PM a referral if you're interested but I don't want to flood the thread with this since I haven't been super active since Thread 5.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Silver Mario can't be that rare... a gamestop I visited today had like 15.
When my wife went to pick up her Splatoon order the EB dude tried to upsell her a Silver Mario haha. I got two for a friend and two for myself (one to open one to keep sealed, like Gold Mario) with little trouble. I felt kind of guilty but they were pretty much everywhere.

Toki767

I said it before, but while I was in line at Best Buy, a Gamestop worker was in line with us too. He let us know that Silver Mario wasn't going to be rare and was already having a second shipment underway to the store.

Everyone else is currently a tossup.

Thoraxes

Probably gonna be returning my Silver Marios lol

My main thing is that I just want people to get amiibos, I want them to get them in the best condition possible!
I prefer to ship USPS Priority 2-day. Around $6 but includes Tracking and $50 Insurance.
Ah, also a good choice.
For packaging boxes, I recommend using a sturdy box than fits the amigo box snugly. Not tight but enough so that it doesn't move around at all.

EDIT: Nevermind it probably is frowned upon here after what happened with Frap. I found out about this from Gundam Reddit and it seems I'm LTTP. Amiibo Reddit seems to automod for the referrals but it is a legitimate place.
I was thinking of just using the boxes and packin materials I saved from previously received amiibos to ship them out to people. Saves cost, waste, and they're always the right size.
Tracking is free for First-Class if you go through PayPal. You can get insurance as an option too, but then it brings the cost within spitting distance of Priority 2-Day.
Ah, I see.

Shun

Probably gonna be returning my Silver Marios lol

Ah, also a good choice.

I was thinking of just using the boxes and packin materials I saved from previously received amiibos to ship them out to people. Saves cost, waste, and they're always the right size.

Ah, I see.

Oh yeah if you ordered online and got them shipped to your place, reusing and recycling old packaging is always best. I just assumed you're mailing out stuff you got in store.

I always reuse Amazon and other boxes for this stuff.

Like other members said, USPS is pretty great with this and I haven't had issues using it for BST and other limited edition items through the BST thread.

Thoraxes

Oh yeah if you ordered online and got them shipped to your place, reusing and recycling old packaging is always best. I just assumed you're mailing out stuff you got in store.

I always reuse Amazon and other boxes for this stuff.

Like other members said, USPS is pretty great with this and I haven't had issues using it for BST and other limited edition items through the BST thread.

It's a little of both really. I just got what I could when I was in store today, but have about 3 coming via mail too.

Velcro Fly

any time after Wednesday please

after that i'll be able to preorder whenever!

although i have ganondorf and palutena from amazon jp already

Piscus

How has Best Buy's shipping been for everyone? They split my single order into multiple shipments, and every single package was done horribly. Folding the cardboard? Over-stuffing with air packets? Under-stuffing with nothing? It shouldn't be this hard, people!

skaflone721

Neo Member
How has Best Buy's shipping been for everyone? They split my single order into multiple shipments, and every single package was done horribly. Folding the cardboard? Over-stuffing with air packets? Under-stuffing with nothing? It shouldn't be this hard, people!

Yes, my Inkling Girl was opened and the Boy was shredded on the left side. Paid $5.51 (plus tax) EACH to ship those. Goddamn rip off.

Also a separate Wario was folded, but this was free shipping because I also bought something else with it for free shipping.

I thought some social media BB rep posted about how they will be packaging all Amiibos extra carefully right before preorders for Wave 4 went up. How the hell do the Amiibos open up?

Bastards basically opened my first Amiibos for me since I've kept everything but this sealed thus far.

Piscus

Yes, my Inkling Girl was opened and the Boy was shredded on the left side. Paid $5.51 (plus tax) EACH to ship those. Goddamn rip off.

Also a separate Wario folded, but this was free shipping because I also but something else with it for free shipping.

I thought some social media BB rep posted about how they will be packaging all Amiibos extra carefully. How the hell do the Amiibos open up?

Bastards basically opened my first Amiibos for me since I've kept everything but this sealed thus far.

Yep, I wanted to keep the ones I got from them sealed too. Now I don't know what to do, I'm pretty pissed. Guess I'll call and see what they say tomorrow.

Went to Target to buy Splatoon and there's 12 triple packs just sitting there (as well as a bunch of Jiggs and Greninja), but I have to wait for mine to come in the post, which will most likely be Tuesday.

Good to see they've fixed the stock issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom