• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Alright, since I had a full set a wave 4 amiibos from Amazon UK, and my friends didn't need any extras for once, I returned Charizard, Wario, Pacman, and a Silver Mario. Probably gonna return the third Silver Mario I got too (just saw it for pre-order and snagged it), because Walmart couldn't cancel my order for some reason.

So it's looking like my only doubles will be the rares.

illgrillchill

Neo Member
Hey Amiibros!

Question: So the Nintendo World Store tweeted that they ran out of Robin & Lucina yesterday. If I am going into NYC tomorrow, should I presume that they will have all other characters (excluding Jigglypuff bc its available june 5 for them) still?

Jergingha

Neo Member
Considering opening my Gold Mario Amiibo because at this point, it seems like it is worthless in regards to trading for a Lucina or Greninja Amiibo.

Goddamn it. I'll never own a Greninja Amiibo, and that makes me sad.

rjinaz

Considering opening my Gold Mario Amiibo because at this point, it seems like it is worthless in regards to trading for a Lucina or Greninja Amiibo.

Goddamn it. I'll never own a Greninja Amiibo, and that makes me sad.

I find that hard to believe. Gold Mario is one of the more valuable at this point while there should be plenty of Greninja floating around. Keep trying.

and if you don't mind having a JP version, j-subculture has Greninja for about $23 shipped right now jfyi.

Armaly

Anyone have their Toys R Us Greninja actually move? My shipping label got created Thursday night but there's still no delivery estimate.

Velcro Fly

Anyone have their Toys R Us Greninja actually move? My shipping label got created Thursday night but there's still no delivery estimate.

I have an estimate of Friday June 5 and it's in a FedEx Smartpost in Kansas somewhere (I live in Indiana near Chicago)

Toki767

Both Dark Pit and Palutena are going to be retail exclusive in the US. Probably Best Buy and Gamestop so I think Palutena might be a lost cause if Gamestop only limits orders to going in store like with Ness.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any predictions for how fast Palutena/Dark Pit will sell? Comparable to Lucina/Robin?
Characters most people aren't familiar with + being exclusives.

UUUGGHHHHHH, I fear they're going to be a pain. I'm still hoping Nintendo does a 3-pack with Pit, Dark Pit, & Palutena.

Toki767

Where did you hear this?
Dark Pit was already found in Best Buy computers and the amiibo display at Target doesn't list Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Blue Yarn Yoshi.

It does list ZSS, Ganondorf, Olimar, Green Yarn Yoshi, and Pink Yarn Yoshi as coming soon.

So you can probably do the math there.

Hatchtag

Banned
Dark Pit was already found in Best Buy computers and the amiibo display at Target doesn't list Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Blue Yarn Yoshi.

It does list ZSS, Ganondorf, Olimar, Green Yarn Yoshi, and Pink Yarn Yoshi as coming soon.

I would guess Palutena or ZSS would be Target Exclusive, based on their trend of getting female characters.

Drago

NoA has really gone full force with retailer exclusives huh.

When they were first announced for wave 3 I didn't really see them as a problem (back when I thought these things would be well stocked) but now, it's just the worst possible thing and they keep on doing it. Retailers must really want these exclusives, I don't even know. Such a terrible practice in the current state of amiibo. I'm blessed to have import preorders for these things already.

Fuck NoA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would guess Palutena or ZSS would be Target Exclusive, based on their trend of getting female characters.
Target handled Jigglypuff rather well, so I think for the most part, I'd be fine if either one was exclusive there.

TRU, from what I've been hearing, has also improved a LOT after what happened with Lucario.

Ness seems to be the one that's the hardest to get, though Greninja & Jigglypuff are Pokemon, which have a much bigger fanbase in comparison. But I'd say otherwise, it feels like the exclusives this time around went much better compared to last time. Though again, probably helped 2 of them were Pokemon, one of which being from the first gen.

I fear the next exclusives will be harder because it's going to be characters from franchises not as well-known.

Exclusives aren't the problem. It's not restocking them at all that is the problem.
Exactly. It's even worse when they're restocked, but only in-store & not online, still limiting who can get them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So there's reports of Meta Knights all over the country at Best Buy
Yet their site still claims Meta Knight is "no longer available".

I don't even know who to blame for this one.

Velcro Fly

I don't even know why retailers even want the exclusives. You aren't getting restocks. The low availability has to be grating on employees that have to deal with it. No one is buying other shit there because Jigglypuff was at Target. It honestly looks like it is not worth it.

Drago

Exclusives aren't the problem. It's not restocking them at all that is the problem.
You are right. But exclusives just make everything even worse than they already are on top of that. At least if they weren't exclusive you'd be able to try for them all at different retailers. Once your one exclusive retailer runs out of stock, that's it

And if future waves have a set release day like wave 4, if you don't get preorders you have to go to multiple stores in one morning for the hope of getting all the amiibo you need. At least with wave 3 all the exclusives were out on different days.

Maybe though, Palutena and Dark Pit won't be impossible to line up for if they go exclusive, and there will be ample stock for them at their retailers. Perhaps they'd be like Lucina and Robin who had stock numbers too small to give to each separate retailer, if they weren't exclusive. I dunno.

Everything is a mess. Make more stock Nintendo :(

dodgeme

Well now I am just waiting for Ness and Jigglypuff to come in the mail, other then that pretty happy with my collection as of now.

vgNKOZJ.jpg

Fox Mulder

Everything is a mess. Make more stock Nintendo :(

They've done nothing to show that's going to happen. They have shit stock at release and then have shit restocks. It's pathetic. Having exclusives is annoying, giving gamestop 1-2 of them is incompetence. But they'll brag about their fucking NYC store getting them in.

If I hadn't got into these in November there's no way in fuck I'd start now. Nintendo has soured me, but at least I got ness before giving up on these.

So nintendo world store has all the rare amiibos in stock, lick little mac, captain falcon , villager, etc.???they keep supply pretty constant? Time to go visit nyc

Javier

I've seen a few Lucinas with badly-colored gloves. Is this a common thing?

Also, is it just me or do the Splatoon amiibo seem to have much better quality control? They feel a lot sturdier and less bendable.

Crom

I honestly hope so too. Target exclusive has been the easiest for me to get no joke.

Going in store for Target exclusives has been good so far. Trying to get them online sucks though. I never have luck with their website, Rosalina and Jigglypuff went up at 3AM and never came back online until release date.

Wal-Mart is the opposite. I have had good luck ordering online from them but going in store is almost worthless.

Everyone was happy yesterday, now everyone's angry at Nintendo again haha. Kid Icarus Uprising is my favorite 3DS game and I main all three characters. Don't fuck this up Nintendo.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is my speculation

Wave 5
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive
Palutena - GameStop Exclusive

Wave 6
Ganondorf - Not Exclusive
Zero Suit Samus - Not Exclusive
Olimar - Not Exclusive or Target's Exclusive
Bowser Jr - Exclusive (maybe Best Buy)
Dr. Mario - Exclusive (maybe GameStop)

Yay got my shipping confirmation from Walmart for Lucina and Robin :D

Here is my speculation

Wave 5
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive
Palutena - GameStop Exclusive

Wave 6
Ganondorf - Not Exclusive
Zero Suit Samus - Not Exclusive
Olimar - Not Exclusive or Target's Exclusive
Bowser Jr - Exclusive (maybe Best Buy)
Dr. Mario - Exclusive (maybe GameStop)

One of those are probably going to be Toys R Us. Thankfully they haven't been too awful to deal with.

Ugh why is palutena retail exclusive, why does Nintendo of America hate consumers...
So do I basically have to nav one now otherwise I won't have a chance ever?

Drago

Wave 5
Dark Pit - Hot Topic Exclusive
Palutena - Church Exclusive

Wave 6
Ganondorf - E3 Exclusive (delayed to next year)
Zero Suit Samus - NASA Space Camp Exclusive
Olimar - Home Depot Garden Center Exclusive
Bowser Jr - Babies R Us Exclusive
Dr. Mario - Walgreens Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom