• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubcake

Neo Member
To the people checking Best Buy today for Meta Knight: have the SKU (1375009) handy. Apparently he's been completely removed from the main system, so it's impossible for employees to look him up without already having the SKU on hand, which obviously isn't helpful. Combine that with the fact that seemingly no one working at the stores have been informed of the restock, there's a lot of false negatives getting handed out. I was told by two stores that they had none, only to find out they each got like 15. There's a good chance that if your store doesn't have them out, they're still in back and no one working service actually knows.

This is extremely common. When I worked there I was constantly having to dig in the back for new cell phones because several warehouse people would just be sitting around all day and there was never communication from managers of any new important products. I'd often be the only person in the entire store that was even aware that we got a shipment of brand new iphones or Galaxy phones.

So if you ask an average employee on the floor, they probably won't know and it's honestly not even their fault. If they aren't amiibo nerds like us they won't know about a restock because no one communicates it, and again there's a good chance that they're just sitting somewhere in the back with no one bothering to unbox them. That's why asking them to use RSS to look up the sku is key.

Anyone order from tigerdirect via paypal with guest account? There's no way to check the status of my order and customer service is shitty

Velcro Fly

Chances are if you ordered Robin from TigerDirect it's going to get cancelled.

Has anyone not had their Lucina order cancelled yet from there?

Fox Mulder

My best buy is lazy, everyone says all their amiibos are on the floor and wont look for meta knight. Didn't want to look like an asshole and push.

Just not meant to have meta knight.

My best buy is lazy, everyone says all their amiibos are on the floor and wont look for meta knight. Didn't want to look like an asshole and push.

Just not meant to have meta knight.

To be fair, with how much people get pestered about amiibos, it's entirely possible that person knew that all the amiibo were on the floor.

No go at my best buy , wanted a back up metaknight too

Had the girl look up the number too, wasn't in the system , oh well

Interesting was the no splatoon copies on the shelf , some guys and his gf were looking for it

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Thankfully lucked out with Wave 4 - the LINE app helped a lot when they went up (so thank you to all those maintaining the alerts).

I *should* have Ness arriving on Monday. Which means I'm only missing Ike and Greeninja so far; I'll probably be paying more than retail for those two.

18277161062_0cd4ed4758_b.jpg

Wave 5 is going to be an absolute cluster fuck, isn't it?

Maengun1

I'm really curious to see what happens in July with Dark Pit and Palutena. I mean....there's only 2 of them. Gonna be a weird little event. Watch both be exclusives LOL.

Holy shit Gaf lol
Saw what you guys were saying about metaknight and wth, BB isn't far at all.
There were two left there on the shelf.
Bought one. Other had a slighltly bent box and wasn't sure if anyone on here would have wanted that.

THANK YOU, GAF

Armaly

Went to two gamestops, two walmarts, a bestbuy, and a target. Only interesting thing I found wast one gamestop having 10+ silver marios.

Crumbtiny

Man. Amiibo hunting in Houston has been a total bust. I haven't tried many places (Toys R Us and Target) but they didn't have a single new Amiibo. I have a Ness, Splatoon 3 pack, and Jigglypuff ordered, but it does take the thrill out of the thrill of the hunt.

Armaly

Man. Amiibo hunting in Houston has been a total bust. I haven't tried many places (Toys R Us and Target) but they didn't have a single new Amiibo. I have a Ness, Splatoon 3 pack, and Jigglypuff ordered, but it does take the thrill out of the thrill of the hunt.
The new thrill is mashing f5 and praying you manage to order one online in time. Staying on the computer for extended hours in hope they throw preorders up at some ungodly hour of the night. Then you have to pray that nobody jacks the ups truck your package is in. The thrill has evolved my friend.

Crumbtiny

The new thrill is mashing f5 and praying you manage to order one online in time. Staying on the computer for extended hours in hope they throw preorders up at some ungodly hour of the night. Then you have to pray that nobody jacks the ups truck your package is in. The thrill has evolved my friend.

Lol that's true. I did try for Lucina and Robin yesterday evening. I never even saw them pop up though. I can't complain though, I'm pretty excited to have a Ness.

I'll trade my thrill for your Ness!

ZeroCDR

Checked with an employee using the SKU, they were the only BB in my district to get Meta Knight and they only got two which promptly sold this morning.. lol. They said they're probably getting more and offered to hold one and call me, which was really nice of them.

Yesterday went pretty well too, headed to TRU and I got everybody except Robin/Lucina, and that's fine, the only FE character I'm interested in is Ike, I'd just use them to trade. Ness and Jiggly still en route from UPS.

Is there any other way of checking the stock of meta knight besides going to a physical best buy location and asking for them to check in the system?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Went into Meijer again, figured I'd swing by the Electronics. There was ONE Pac-Man & Inkling Boy left. Though there was a crapton of Mario & Sonic on another shelf.

I asked & she said that while rainchecks weren't allowed, they SHOULD be getting more amiibo around "Thursday, but start checking around Tuesday", so hopefully next week, things will go better.

I have an extra NA Marth and Robin, both NIB, and I'd like to trade one or the other for Dark Pit or Palutena, NIB (region doesn't matter). I know those two went up for preorder at some UK retailers. If any US folks were able to snag one or both and need a Marth or Robin, that's a trade I'd be happy to make.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Lucina was all I wanted. ㅠ-ㅠ

Nintendo why u gotta do me like dis ㅠ-ㅠ

Went into Meijer again, figured I'd swing by the Electronics. There was ONE Pac-Man & Inkling Boy left. Though there was a crapton of Mario & Sonic on another shelf.

I asked & she said that while rainchecks weren't allowed, they SHOULD be getting more amiibo around "Thursday, but start checking around Tuesday", so hopefully next week, things will go better.
Meijer has been funny with me. I called late on Thursday and asked if they were putting any of the new amiibo out at midnight. The person I spoke to said they weren't gonna put them out until around 9 in the morning. I called them before going (after going to Target first) and they said they had a line at midnight, put them out, and sold out with nothing left. I went to three of them with that location being the last store I went to yesterday and they all had pretty much what you posted.

I did luck out with them once. I found a lone Dedede and an Ike (that I sent to a friend who missed pre-orders for him) once. I like to check there often.

Sponge

Banned
Holy shit Gaf lol
image.jpg

Saw what you guys were saying about metaknight and wth, BB isn't far at all.
There were two left there on the shelf.
Bought one. Other had a slighltly bent box and wasn't sure if anyone on here would have wanted that.

THANK YOU, GAF

DUDE I would have taken it bad box and all. That's awesome though!

If it's still there when you go back, get it and I will buy it off you.

Adamator

For those who ordered a Robin on tigerdirect and had the order go through, have you had any movement on your order?
My ordered did seem to go through. I had quickly made an account and used amazon payments. I got the email from AP almost right away, but the actual order confirmation from Tiger took literally hours to show up.

As of now, my order is processing.

prateeko

To the people checking Best Buy today for Meta Knight: have the SKU (1375009) handy. Apparently he's been completely removed from the main system, so it's impossible for employees to look him up without already having the SKU on hand, which obviously isn't helpful. Combine that with the fact that seemingly no one working at the stores have been informed of the restock, there's a lot of false negatives getting handed out. I was told by two stores that they had none, only to find out they each got like 15. There's a good chance that if your store doesn't have them out, they're still in back and no one working service actually knows.

I called and asked my store with that SKU (found the old page on google) and they looked it up and still said they had none. Did I mess up in not going to physically check out the store? I figured if it's not in the system it's not in the store...

Finally opened an amiibo today after all these months! Bowser was freed from his plastic prison. I had 2 of him, but still used the careful method of release by cutting around the bottom first w/ a box cutter. But...

I came to notice that the plastic on top had already started peeling off the card, and quite sloppily at that. I then looked at some of my other amiibos. Not as bad, but they too are showing some slight bubbles in the glue. Then it struck me. It's getting to be summer and I don't have an AC in the office where I keep them! Unfortunately, the office is basically the only place I have room to store these. We were discussing getting an AC in there soon anyway (especially since I'm in the process of building a new PC for that room), but this has placed an entirely new level of urgency on the matter!

Being in AZ, I can't imagine not having AC everywhere haha

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Unfortunately I want able to look for any amiibo last night after work, so I gave it a shot this morning and it was pretty much a bust. Only found the Splatoon 3-pack and Silver Mario at one Toys R Us. Beyond that I couldn't find a Greninja. :/

Actually got a Meta Knight today! Didn't think I would since the employee I was talking to had said they had sold em earlier but he went to check and there was 1 left in the back :D

I'm really curious to see what happens in July with Dark Pit and Palutena. I mean....there's only 2 of them. Gonna be a weird little event. Watch both be exclusives LOL.

My expectations are that you'll also see the rest of the Mario Party line (Rosalina, DK, Wario, maybe Waluigi/Daisy/Toadette/Spike) and maybe 1 or 2 unannounced Smash Bros. amiibo joining as store exclusives (Falco/Duck Hunt/ROB/Game & Watch). Remember, Greninja and Jigglypuff weren't initially a part of wave 3.I don't think we'll see the DLC Smash amiibo (Mewtwo, Lucas, etc.) until more DLC characters are released.

kunonabi

Now Lucina... hello, beautiful.

K3EjWLql.jpg

Man, she looks so much better than Marth and Ike.

I have to say though I am pretty pleased with Pac-Man. He really looks great. Sonic isn't bad either. My Splatoon 3-pack was delivered yesterday and are really high-quality. Good weight and the colors really pop.

:D

And were you two also trying to get her? And if so did you manage to get her?
Yes, since I wanted the full Smash Bros. set (and I like Lucina as a character) but no, I did not get one. I didn't have the money at the time to order her from other stores, I missed the GameStop in store pre-orders by 15-20 minutes because I got there late, and I missed all online pre-orders because I was either sleeping or busy or they were oos already. The only FE character I do have is Ike.

Slightly bummed but when I see actual fans able to get one, I feel better. I know I'll get one sooner or later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meijer has been funny with me. I called late on Thursday and asked if they were putting any of the new amiibo out at midnight. The person I spoke to said they weren't gonna put them out until around 9 in the morning. I called them before going (after going to Target first) and they said they had a line at midnight, put them out, and sold out with nothing left. I went to three of them with that location being the last store I went to yesterday and they all had pretty much what you posted.

I did luck out with them once. I found a lone Dedede and an Ike (that I sent to a friend who missed pre-orders for him) once. I like to check there often.
Yeah, the employee said about 11 p.m., a line was already forming, which I'm kind of shocked at since I don't usually think of Meijer when it comes to games or electronics.

I just hope I get lucky with them like I did with Cap. Falcon, Ike, & Dedede. I'll start checking each day around 11 a.m. starting Tuesday since I have class at Noon.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member
I stayed up for over 30 hours for Amiibo Black Friday. Have everyone preordered and being shipped that I wanted but went for fellow Amiibros. Silver Mario for Dan and I, extra Lucina and 1 Ninja. Cant wait for packages to start coming this week. :D

-Horizon-

Yes, since I wanted the full Smash Bros. set (and I like Lucina as a character) but no, I did not get one. I didn't have the money at the time to order her from other stores, I missed the GameStop in store pre-orders by 15-20 minutes because I got there late, and I missed all online pre-orders because I was either sleeping or busy or they were oos already. The only FE character I do have is Ike.

Slightly bummed but when I see actual fans able to get one, I feel better. I know I'll get one sooner or later.

Ugh that sucks :(
I'm rooting for you! The happiness of Lucina must be known by all!

RootCause

I didn't have a chance to post my results for wave 4.

Here's what I got.

Walmart
Silver Mario
Splatoon 3 pack

GS
Ness
Wario
Char
Pacman

Tru
Greninja

Target
Jiggly

Amazon
Lucina
Robin

Didn't expect to find them, but I lucked out.
Hope everyone managed to get what they wanted.

PudgyBunny

Neo Member

Here's what I got.

Walmart
Silver Mario
Splatoon 3 pack

GS
Ness
Wario
Char
Pacman

Tru
Greninja

Target
Jiggly

Amazon
Lucina
Robin

Didn't expect to find them, but I lucked out.
Hope everyone managed to get what they wanted.

Very lovely grab! Also VERY lucky :)

Yeah, the employee said about 11 p.m., a line was already forming, which I'm kind of shocked at since I don't usually think of Meijer when it comes to games or electronics.

I just hope I get lucky with them like I did with Cap. Falcon, Ike, & Dedede. I'll start checking each day around 11 a.m. starting Tuesday since I have class at Noon.
I don't either and I thought it was crazy when he told me they sold out pretty quickly. Wish I had known but you seem to have a good plan and I think I'll try and do the same.

Ugh that sucks :(
I'm rooting for you! The happiness of Lucina must be known by all!
Thanks! Someday we will all feel that happiness.

Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom