• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

Yea for me TRU and Target exclusives have been painless. Walmart was ok but I wouldn't trust them with a big exclusive (like a Pokemon). Gamestop I'll admit I got fricken lucky although I think the way they wanted to do it was the right way. They just need better servers. Best Buy was a pain with Meta Knight.

As long as Amazon doesn't get an exclusive I feel like I can handle anything. Amazon is too much of a crap shoot.

So who plans to get every single animal crossing amiibo card cause according to this picture there will be atleast 95 cards!

cards.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
So Jigglypuff looks great and quite big. All the Greninjas I saw were pretty poorly painted though. Unimpressed at the quality there tbh.

Drago

So who plans to get every single animal crossing amiibo card cause according to this picture there will be atleast 95 cards!

cards.jpg

I assume they're gonna be released in random booster packs and you won't be able to pick and choose what cards you get. Fuck that!

Even if you could pick which ones, I doubt I'd collect them. Maybe Lobo, Rosie and Apollo and that'd be it. Plus I have no interest in Happy Home Designer :/

I assume they're gonna be released in random booster packs and you won't be able to pick and choose what cards you get. Fuck that!

Even if you could pick which ones, I doubt I'd collect them. Maybe Lobo, Rosie and Apollo and that'd be it. Plus I have no interest in Happy Home Designer :/

if the wii u animal crossing rumors turn out to be true these will be used for sure i doubt nintendo is gonna make alot of these for jsut a home decorating game.

Drago

if the wii u animal crossing rumors turn out to be true these will be used for sure i doubt nintendo is gonna make alot of these for jsut a home decorating game.

Yeah, if they're used for a potential Animal Crossing U, I'd likely show more interest in them.

I still really don't want to deal with random booster packs in the hope that it may contain one of the few residents I actually care about.

Josh5890

Someone should save this quote.

Sponge

Banned
Gonna post my Amiibo setup!

This is what I currently have. I do have Pac-Man, Marth, Charizard, Ness, Shulk, and the Splatoon 3-pack coming in the mail soon though.

SL2lEfU.jpg

So, for this wave coming up, I only want Ganondorf & Olimar. The Yarn Yoshi are going to be plentiful. I'm still going to pre-order those, too, but I really think you won't have a problem getting in store on the day.

Anyone have any details on prior Gamestop Shulk shipments? I completely forgot I ordered him. I found my receipt dated February 13th - it was an in-store order fulfilled through gamestop.com. It should have shipped by now... right?

Ikon

Nice, I was just able to order Jiggly and Greninja from Lefdal here in Norway. I had missed that they were releasing about now and was shopping for an SDXC card. They don't ship outside Norway but have plenty of stock of anyone else lives here.

I'm now missing Toad, Dedede and Robin. Robin hurts the most since I had it paid for and all.

Velcro Fly

Any chance of the Splatoon 3 pack becoming a regular thing that appears for sale? I'm still a little miffed that I missed out. Don't have the game yet but was planning to get it in the summer to have fun.

Thoraxes

So the only ones without a timeframe are what, Mewtwo, Lucas, Duck Hunt, Falco, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch?

I hope getting a Palutena will be painless... Sucks that the NA release is so far from the EU one in about a month.

That gap from July to what will probably be late September is going to be agonizing, especially when EU and JP will probably be near complete.

Knowing there's only 13 left eases my heart.

Velcro Fly

So the only ones without a timeframe are what, Mewtwo, Lucas, Duck Hunt, Falco, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch?

I hope getting a Palutena will be painless... Sucks that the NA release is so far from the EU one in less than a month.

That gap from July to what will probably be late September is going to be agonizing, especially when EU and JP will probably be near complete.

the name of the game is import as much as possible if you don't care about NA stuff.

don't care if i'm paying ~$25 per amiibo if they are exclusive and I don't have to line up pre dawn ever I'm happy with that.

Gonna post my Amiibo setup!

This is what I currently have. I do have Pac-Man, Marth, Charizard, Ness, Shulk, and the Splatoon 3-pack coming in the mail soon though.

SL2lEfU.jpg

Nice collection, I was wondering if you would post a update. That bottom shelf is kinda cramped though.

Missing a MK though :p
Suggest you call around best buys and grab one since he just had a restock.

Sponge

Banned
Nice collection, I was wondering if you would post a update. That bottom shelf is kinda cramped though.

Missing a MK though :p
Suggest you call around best buys and grab one since he just had a restock.

Oh you bet it is. Gonna have to get more room for these things.

Thankfully my pal Diggeh has got my back. He picked up a Meta Knight for me just today. Bless him.

Thoraxes

CHIBI ROBO AMIIBO CONFIRMED FUCK YEAH

the name of the game is import as much as possible if you don't care about NA stuff.

don't care if i'm paying ~$25 per amiibo if they are exclusive and I don't have to line up pre dawn ever I'm happy with that.

I'm totally fine with that!

Velcro Fly

Wave 5B in Japan is July 30

Hoping to just snag them all then and say fuck NoA

Also the four FE amiibo will have some function in FE If

Good lord reprints in 2016 believe

Neifirst

Anyone have any details on prior Gamestop Shulk shipments? I completely forgot I ordered him. I found my receipt dated February 13th - it was an in-store order fulfilled through gamestop.com. It should have shipped by now... right?

I got an shipment email earlier this week, and it's scheduled to arrive Thursday. Have you tried looking up the status on gamestop.com?

honestly moving forward i'd rather have target x toys r us have exclusives rather than gamestop or best buy

if the jiggly x greninja numbers are for each exclusive then i'd be ok but gamestop will obviously do that web in store thing again and best buy will just let anyone buy more than 1 amiibo, like people here buy more than one metaknight :p

welp

Draxal

Since Fire Emblem IF is confirmed to be using the Smash fire emblem amiibos. I'm expecting more reprints of them down the line.

Fox Mulder

honestly moving forward i'd rather have target x toys r us have exclusives rather than gamestop or best buy

if the jiggly x greninja numbers are for each exclusive then i'd be ok but gamestop will obviously do that web in store thing again and best buy will just let anyone buy more than 1 amiibo, like people here buy more than one metaknight :p

welp

I'm waiting to see if target and TRU get restocks of their exclusives, I doubt it.

Olimar will be the one amiibo I'm willing to pay over retail for, if I can't get a preorder. My son has wanted that one since he first heard about it.

Rocky

Banned
What does everyone think would be more valuable for future trading, a NA NiB Rosalina or a NA NiB Jigglypuff? Maybe for ZSS down the line or something.

Rocky

Banned
Rosalina easily.

Ok then, I have 2 and am negotiating to trade one for Greninja. I'm also trading a Lucario for a Jiggly and they asked me if I wanted to part with a Rosie for another Jiggly. Gonna hang on to the second Rosie now I guess hehe.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I thought I'd be good until they announce the eventual Waluigi...

Never would have expected a Chibi-Robo.

I need it.

Chucker

Oh eat shit Amazon, are you serious with this?

Aoc3wqvl.jpg

kGS3CIrl.jpg

Edit: That was quick, they gave a 20% refund. Still irritating, and a bonehead move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom