• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you guys buy amiibo in store, do you check the figure itself for minor pain flaws or things like that? I do that, and I would rather get a "perfect"figure with a damaged box than the other way around.

The only figure that I got with a slight damage in the box is the charizard, because the others available with a perfect box had some minor paint flaws

Chucker

when you guys buy amiibo in store, do you check the figure itself for minor pain flaws or things like that? I do that, and I would rather get a "perfect"figure with a damaged box than the other way around.

The only figure that I got with a slight damage in the box is the charizard, because the others available with a perfect box had some minor paint flaws

If it's the only one of a figure I can find, I take what I can get. If there are several, like when I went in on day one, I had like 4 different Samus' in my hand before deciding on one.

I'm not angry about Robin since he's coming out of the box when I have my new room set up, but I'd be irritated if it was a gift or something.

If it's the only one of a figure I can find, I take what I can get. If there are several, like when I went in on day one, I had like 4 different Samus' in my hand before deciding on one.

I'm not angry about Robin since he's coming out of the box when I have my new room set up, but I'd be irritated if it was a gift or something.

the post was not directed at you, and not a criticism, I was just curious, I don't bother much for the box, as long is not really fucked up

Chucker

the post was not directed at you, and not a criticism, I was just curious, I don't bother much for the box, as long is not really fucked up

Oh, I wasn't taking it as directed at me, I was just chiming in since it just happened to me, lol. Seriously as long as Robin's arm hasn't fallen off, or the book was broke or something, I'd be alright with it. That box is ending up in the trash when it's all said and done anyway.

Mob

When I have the opportunity I always check for the best figure, the quality of these things varies massively.
If the best figure has poor packaging, that's fine with me!

Lol I'm picky about the paint job as well. The employees look like they want to kill me if I ask for another one with a better paint job.

HardRojo

If Nintendo plans to keep releasing new Amiibo characters and collections during this and next year, I hope they do what they just did with Chibi Robo. Release a single one or a really small collection. They'll need to take some time to restock all the unicorns and very rare Amiibo from the Smash line first after all the Waves are released. That'll probably take at least half a year, if not longer.

If I have the chance, then yeah, I do look between different figures and try to get the best one. I went to this store yesterday which didn't let me look when I purchased Diddy Kong though since they keep the Amiibo in the warehouse (the ones displayed are only meant for that) and you have go there to pick them up as if they were a bigass package lol. I was a bit pissed because the Diddy Kong in the videogames section I saw was perfect and I thought I'd get that one, instead the one I got has a small stain in the left eye (almost unnoticeable) and the back of the box is damaged by a sticker.

RootCause

It bugs me, but I would prefer a bent box over a bad paint job. Plus I plan on opening them. It's just annoys me when they screw up shipping like that. I check them out if I can.

SaviourMK2

Oh eat shit Amazon, are you serious with this?

Aoc3wqvl.jpg

kGS3CIrl.jpg

Edit: That was quick, they gave a 20% refund. Still irritating, and a bonehead move.

I know your pain my friend, Best Buy did that to my Meta Knight :(

It bugs me, but I would prefer a bent box over a bad paint job. Plus I plan on opening them. It's just annoys me when they screw up shipping like that. I check them out if I can.

For collectors, like me who want a sealed set, a bent box or crack or tear is incredibly disheartening

God I'm really tempted to pre-order the Yarn Yoshis from Amazon.co.jp. Can I make an order with the Tenso address before i'm verified?

EDIT: wait how would they even know i made an order to that address, lol. alright, i'm going to order them

Josh5890

So the only ones without a timeframe are what, Mewtwo, Lucas, Duck Hunt, Falco, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch?

I hope getting a Palutena will be painless... Sucks that the NA release is so far from the EU one in about a month.

That gap from July to what will probably be late September is going to be agonizing, especially when EU and JP will probably be near complete.

Knowing there's only 13 left eases my heart.

Except that are more DLC characters to come. The Smash line won't be complete for a while

Hootster

Banned
Got my Robin from Amazon bent too they suck hard. Btw Chucker did yours ship from South Carolina never got anything thing shipped from that location before and hope I do not ever again.
zHv7v

RootCause

For collectors, like me who want a sealed set, a bent box or crack or tear is incredibly disheartening
I understand. I swear they do it on purpose. Seriously, why are they forcing it when they have plenty of space.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awww, dat Chibi-Robo amiibo is rather cute. Though I wonder if it'll actually come here. Being a side-scroller, I might actually play it this time. The 3DSware demo was........okay....

Drago

A3w6vlu.png

Goddammit Nintendo stahp T_T
This makes me so, so happy. Last character that I expected to get an amiibo, but the one I wanted most to get an amiibo, and here it is. The new game looks great, too!
im at this point where games are supplementary to amiibo, dear god

It will be mine. It's an actual life size Chibi Robo... Even if I have to pay a scalper $40 for an import I will get it at any cost. This is a Lucas-level priority.

TheGrue

I understand. I swear they do it on purpose. Seriously, why are they forcing it when they have plenty of space.

Probably thinking about it from a shipping prospective where it won't move around much wedged in like that and not from a collecting perspective where you don't want your stuff bent. That being said, they have smaller boxes.

Yeah, my Meta Knight arrived pretty mangled from Best Buy as well. I was not pleased. Just another level of frustration on the amiibo front :p

I got an shipment email earlier this week, and it's scheduled to arrive Thursday. Have you tried looking up the status on gamestop.com?

I have, but it says there are no orders tied to that order number. Same with my recent Pac-Man preorder. I'll contact their customer service since I've already been charged for both orders and have received NO information.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GUYS. IF A NEW MARIO & SONIC OLYMPICS GAME WAS ANNOUNCED....

...........COULD THIS MEAN, A SONIC LINE OF AMIIBO?!?!

Pyrokai

Hey guys,

I had bad luck this new wave. I still don't have Greninja, Jigglypuff, Lucina, or Robin. I had to work and was unable to go to any stores, and I failed at getting Lucina and Robin from Amazon.

What is my best course of action? I don't know what to do now and I'm worried I'll never get them. Would importing be best? I'm willing to pay double for each figure, but no more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You do know they announced a new one, like today.
That's my point. You KNOW they're gonna have some kind of amiibo function, especially since there's a Sonic one already. It would just be kind of neat if Sega decided "HEY, let's make a Sonic line of amiibo for everyone that's in the newest M&S Olympics!"

Rocky

Banned
Hey guys,

I had bad luck this new wave. I still don't have Greninja, Jigglypuff, Lucina, or Robin. I had to work and was unable to go to any stores, and I failed at getting Lucina and Robin from Amazon.

What is my best course of action? I don't know what to do now and I'm worried I'll never get them. Would importing be best? I'm willing to pay double for each figure, but no more.

Unless there's a restock, you're pretty much OOL. All of those are currently listed for at least TRIPLE retail price.

I'm still amazed at how well I did for wave 4, including picking up restocked figures. Just need to get Ike from where I have no idea then I can focus on the older ones (Mac, Pit & Wii Fit Trainer).

Chucker

Got my Robin from Amazon bent too they suck hard. Btw Chucker did yours ship from South Carolina never got anything thing shipped from that location before and hope I do not ever again.
zHv7v

Sure enough it came from South Carolina. Huh. Well, open up chat and get your 20% back, I guess we just need to get loud enough.

RootCause

Probably thinking about it from a shipping prospective where it won't move around much wedged in like that and not from a collecting perspective where you don't want your stuff bent. That being said, they have smaller boxes.
This is the first time they've bent an Amiibo for me. They sent me everyone in giant boxes.
I want to cantact them, just so they don't mess my Lucina too, but I'm afraid to get the order canned.
Has anyone tried contacting them? I'm thinking sending them an email.

This just happened to me:I have been looking for the amiibo meta knight forever. I was able to check at another besbtuy Store via SKU number 1375009 that my local Bestbuy in MI had 15 amiibos available. I went to the store yesterday, 5/30/15 around 410pm and talked to a sales representative, and they told me they were sold out. I then told him I just had talked to another agent from another store and they were supposed to have 15. The agent checks his system and tells me yes, they had 15. He told me: "great, I was looking for one as well". He went to the backroom and talked to another representative about having this particular amiibo in stock and they all seemed excited.

He came back and told me they had none. He had just told me they had 15 and I saw the system myself, 15 were available. He seemed bothered when I confronted him, and he and went back to "look again". I waited 35 minutes and they were just wandering around. I finally decided to give my name and number to them so the could call me once they "find it". They never called me.

I then called around 820pm and asked another representative to check if they had this item via sku. She says"yes, we do sir". I then asked her to put one aside that I was on my way to pick it up. She then puts me on hold. Another person picks up the phone and says he is the manager, and asks what was going on. I said I did not know what happened, I did not ask for the manager and I just asked the previous person to put one amiibo on hold for me. Then he says they were all sold out after I had just talked to them seconds ago and they confirmed they had plenty in stock.

I was so upset that I did not ask this "manager"his name. I am not even sure if he was the manager or another employee trying to keep the amiibo for himself. The way he was talking over the phone was not very professional, so I guess it was not the manager himself.

This morning I decided to go over there again and try my luck. I talked to a different representative and he checked the system via sku and said he had in stock, but was in the backroom. He left, brought a box full of metaknights, and gave me 2 (I left plenty left for others, will open one and keep one sealed). In less than 5 minutes, I was out of the door with the meta knight that was supposed to be "sold out" yesterday.

That sucks right? Employees trying to keep the amiibos for themselves

Rocky

Banned
Oh man......not what I wanted to hear at all....

What about importing? How's the import scene right now?

Not much better, places like amiami have been selling import Greninja and Jigglypuff for 34.99 each. This wave has been the worst yet. Keep an eye on ebay and amazon, there's a flood of wave 4s for sale, so the prices may start dropping quicker.

shandy706

Hehe, went ahead and changed the thread title...lol.

Nice, glad I could contribute :).

If anyone has a Lucina I want one :(.

I'll buy one loose, damaged box, doesn't matter. I also have Jiggly to trade.

rjinaz

Hey guys,

Jiggly and Greninja JP $22 and $23.
http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/...on:asc/category:0/sort:Amazon.recommend_price

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Fire Emblem: If will have support for certain amiibo. Guess which ones!

That now makes not one, but TWO games with unlockables from and ONLY from what are currently among the rarest amiibo. That is complete bullshit, Nintendo.

Velcro Fly

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Fire Emblem: If will have support for certain amiibo. Guess which ones!

That now makes not one, but TWO games with unlockables from and ONLY from what are currently among the rarest amiibo. That is complete bullshit, Nintendo.

If it's anything like STEAM, it's going to be hollow and shitty anyway.

Rocky

Banned

I'd imagine they'll announce reprints of the FE amiibos around the time the game releases. Maybe even bundles.

Boogiepop

I'm sure it's not anything that will be reliable at all, but are we expecting even slightly more stock for Robin and Lucina to pop up over the coming weeks? I actually haven't really the way post-launch restocks have been working on amiibo as I've managed pretty well up till the insane mess that was this wave. I recall Little Mac popping up on Gamestop.com a few times post launch?

Also, anything else to do for those two outside of keeping an eye on Amazon and ebay and hoping for the best?

Korosenai

Fucking Amazon sent my Charizard and Lucina in a small box side by side the short way, instead of on top of each other the long way. So the top of both boxes are now completely bent. Fuck.

bigkrev

They will probably reprint them again for the US launch of the game, and to be fair to them, no one actually bought Codename Steam

Amazon delivered Charizard and Robin this morning, while I picked up Inkling Boy yesterday at Best Buy.

c56c5c05fb940421acafd01c423fb06a_zpsk0eflq5u.jpg

Robin's face actually looks good to me (though pardon the flash):
4061d9add2199641898282598adf0196_zpsuh8xdbks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom