• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haaaaaaate when Amazon ships with USPS. Wario was supposed to come today but the driver flagged my address as undeliverable. Now I'm worried about Robin, which is supposed to come tomorrow through USPS.

random is a PITA but at the same time it will be cool because we can trade extras with Amiibros. I did this with the Disney Infinity Discs and it really wasn't that bad.

What we need to worry about is if they decide to do ultra rare 1:100 cards and stuff like that. If its just 3 random cards with a pretty equal rarity it won't be bad at all.
That's a good point.

Hi-res Chibi Robo from the JP amiibo page
If you thought Smash Bros. had some obscure characters that only fans heard of but bought the amiibos of anyway, you ain't seen nothing yet.

HardRojo

Man, these Amazon packaging horror stories.
tumblr_mb941zBAHv1r76lino1_250.gif

Boogiepop

So guys, think there's much of a chance of Robin and/or Lucina stabilizing to $30 shipped anywhere/anytime soon? That's about as high as I feel I can justify bending to scalpers and whatnot for a single amiibo...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
CHIBI-ROBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Best OT has been updated! Added a little banner at the top because people didn't know you could click images like the individual OTs. Also crossed out some of they new amiibo.

HardRojo

CHIBI-ROBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Best OT has been updated! Added a little banner at the top because people didn't know you could click images like the individual OTs. Also crossed out some of they new amiibo.
Is Samus really that hard to find in the US now? She's all over the place here in Peru. My friend's independent store has like 20 of them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Pac-Man will be a common. He's still available on Amazon for $12.99
No surprise there. He's the only one left I saw at Meijer. I wouldn't be surprised if he became an even more common 3rd party amiibo than Sonic, who I've seen a TON left over at Meijer.

Cross posting from the trade thread.

For those that mail NIB amiibos (in NA specifically), how do you have them packaged to keep them from any damage?

Xamdou

Cross posting from the trade thread.

For those that mail NIB amiibos (in NA specifically), how do you have them packaged to keep them from any damage?

The best way to pack em is to make sure that when you shake the box, the Amiibo inside don't shake. So you have to pack the Amiibo with air Cushion, if you don't have that you can put it in a Zip-Lock bag and find a soft material as cushion.

Pretty annoyed that Tiger Direct is still holding my 17 bux with no word on Lucina. I'll probably call them tomorrow. So, if anyone knows, they didn't get any of Robin/Lucina and the listing was a complete mistake? Bummer if true. But hey, I do have one of her at least, even if the corner of the box is bent.

CyberNexus

Neo Member
"Wave 5
Dark Pit - Hot Topic Exclusive
Palutena - Church Exclusive

Wave 6
Ganondorf - E3 Exclusive (delayed to next year)
Zero Suit Samus - NASA Space Camp Exclusive
Olimar - Home Depot Garden Center Exclusive
Bowser Jr - Babies R Us Exclusive
Dr. Mario - Walgreens Exclusive"

Those are ALL wave 5

If this makes any sense, Lucina will be more desirable, but Robin will be harder to find. No idea which one ends up more expensive.

believe in the flood

since the new fire emblem game uses the amiibo characters you will at least be able to buy the flooded japanese x european ones, only the american ones will be super rare

sly dog Nintendo making the boxes different for America x Europe, they knew

kirby_fox

Banned
I just saw the thread title change. Ha.

The rest of my amiibo came in, but I'm too tired to post a pic. Gonna figure out how to get them all setup tomorrow. Likely moving a bunch around.

For that, I figure I'd put this here before going into the B/S/T thread tomorrow since I'm already here.

I have an extra NA Lucario still from way back due to a double order I accidentally did. Thing is, the only one I couldn't get from Wave 4 was Ness. Hopefully a fellow gaffer who shall not be named might be able to procure one (I don't want you to get PMs about it good sir), but I'd sure not mind trading my extra Lucario for an extra Ness and save him the trouble. PM me if interested, yeah?

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Same thing happened to me and others. Contact them and let them know, they'll give you your money back and let you keep the amiibos.

hooo you serious?? haha man I hope mines come like that then, I'm going to open them up anyway so as long as the figures aren't damaged in any way I'm good.

Busaiku

Lucina came in today.
Bleh, more complex characters still look awful.

Still waiting on Robin to finally start Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom